If you are renting a car and your main goal is to explore Tuscany, checking out hiltop towns and wineries, this is a great place to stay. I'm writing this review late, as we stayed in late September. The grounds of this property are beautiful, and the pool was great(but a bit cold). vinyards on one side and olive groves on the other. The property is about 5 miles from castellina, and about a 20 minute drive north of Siena. We drove every day and visited a different hilltop town . it was a great "HUB" for our travel, as it's perfectly located to do this. If you are looking for nightlife or excitement, its not your place.
We stayed in Rome for a week prior to coming to Tuscany, so we were worn out and tired from the hustle and bustle of Rome, museums, and late nights. Our days would be sightseeing, then back to the Belvedere for dinner, or we would just drive down the road to castellina to have dinner in one of the wonderful little places there.
Breakfast was great, as well as the cappuccino. Overall, a wonderful experience and we would come back if we stayed in the area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Belvedere di San Leonino is situated near the 11th century church of the same name and surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, cypress trees and woods. Located in the heart of the Chianti region, the land of the famous Black Rooster wine, it has a splendid 360° panorama stretching from Siena to Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and Volterra over the Elsa valley. Siena is approximately 15 minutes away, Florence and San Gimignano 50 minutes, the Tyrrhenian coast, Lucca and Pisa little more than an hour away. Many of our guests use Belvedere di San Leonino as a base for their daily trips to the coast, and Tuscany and Umbria's historical towns and museums. Others prefer to rest in the quiet and peaceful Tuscan hills here in all their famed beauty. Belvedere di San Leonino offers 29 rooms with authentic furniture in rustic tuscan style, terracotta floors and old beamed ceilings. Each room has a private bathroom, minibar, satellite TV and a dial-out telephone. A beautiful garden, large outdoor swimming pool in a panoramic position and private parking are available to guests. Our staff speaks English, German, French and Dutch. Arrivederci a Belvedere di San Leonino ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Belvedere Di San Leonino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Di San Leonino Hotel
- Hotel Belvedere Di San Leonino Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany