Stayed there in May 2005. A very short stay, but we were so impressed that memories are still vivid eight years on.
Fantastic location. Welcoming staff. Rustic accommodation. Excellent food and more than excellent dessert. Wine from winery some two hundred yards downhill. Many of the diners were not guests of the hotel. On this one, all credits go to the chef of that time.
We promised to return. It is a promise long overdue, but one that will be fulfilled soon.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Di San Leonino Hotel
- Hotel Belvedere Di San Leonino Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Belvedere di San Leonino is situated near the 11th century church of the same name and surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, cypress trees and woods. Located in the heart of the Chianti region, the land of the famous Black Rooster wine. Siena is approximately 15 minutes away, Florence and San Gimignano 50 minutes, the Tyrrhenian coast, Lucca and Pisa little more than an hour away. Many of our guests use Belvedere di San Leonino as a base for their daily trips to the coast, and Tuscany and Umbria's historical towns and museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Belvedere Di San Leonino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.