We arrived here on our honeymoon so our first experiences were great. Nice room with a view of the sea and Mount Vesuvius, free bottle of Prosecco, overall a good start. The waiters at the bar were great and the views from the bar/cafe deck outside were beautiful. Some of the front desk people were very helpful, some not so much. More downsides:
- They offer free wi-fi for one hour and then anything after that is 3 or 4 euros per hour, if I remember correctly. This seemed ridiculous to me since they serve business guests and host conferences.
- The restaurant was fair at best. The view at night was great but we had much better food around Italy for much less. I recommend sticking to the bar food (it was good!).
- There's an older, scruffy medium sized dog wandering around the hotel, inside and outside, and apparently it's the "hotel dog" but we didn't know until we asked. For the first couple days we just assumed it to be a stray which we thought was a huge liability.
- The spa was nice but the massage was nothing to get excited about. I'm glad it was a special discounted price that day.
- But the worst part is we asked them to help us ship a few bottles of wine back home that we had purchased in Tuscany. They agreed and contacted a shipping company for us and said they would be there before 6:30pm to pick it up. They never showed up so the man at the front desk said they would keep trying. I give him an "a" for effort. The problem is that we were leaving the next morning so they agreed to ship out our wine first thing the next day. We had to catch our flight so we left the wine there assured that they would ship it. Our mistake - we realize that. After several emails, we still have no word on if the wine was shipped or if they opened it and drank it themselves. Even if they did that I don't care at this point, I just want to be compensated for those bottles.
Request a sea view room.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
we thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel.
Your comments and suggestons are extremely helpful to our job to help us improving the quality of the services we provide to our Guests.
Regarding the Dog, we inform you that Diana was the Hotel's dog. It was here since the Hotel was built, so it was like being at Home. This is the reason why it has never left the Hotel. However, since we had a lot of problems with some of our Guests, who did not like its presence, we have decided to move it to an alternative location. This is how we have solved the problem.
Regarding the most important think of your review, and I mean the shippin of the wine bottles, I have personally investigated with employees at the Reception to try to understand what happened, and now I have got all the answers for you.
1) Wine bottles have not been drunk by our Staff.
2) A UPS couries came at the Hotel collected the bottles and brought them to the Mail Boxes Office in Sorrento. Staff at Mail Boxes Office in Sorrento packed the bottles that are still there waiting to be shipped.
In order to complete the shipping, I would need you to get in contact with me through regular e-mails, and provide me your complete shipping address and a valid credit card number with the expiration date and the 3 digits secure code, for the payment. I will inform you of the amount to pay as well.
Please send me and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
I will personally take care to inform the Mail Boxes office, and track your shipping.
The shipping process was stopped since Staff at Mail Boxes Office in Sorrento did not receive complete information for your home address and other useful information. This was the problem, and our Staff at the Reception was hoping to be contacted by you to check the shipping status. However it has been our mistake, and we do apologize for this problem
I do look forward to hearing from you back, and hope you might consider to visit our Hotel again in the future.
With Best Regards
Antonino Russo - Director of Sales & Marketing
Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.