“Fabulous.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast

Save Saved
You added Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast to your Saves list
Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   SS 145 Sorrentina, Km 12,400 | Localita' Pozzano, 80053 Castellammare Di Stabia, Italy   |
“Fabulous.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have read through all the other reviews and don't understand what everyones problem was.
The hotel itself is very nice. Fresh and Modern. It is outside Sorrento which can pose its problems if you have not done your research.
We got the train from Napoli to 'Pozzano' on the Cirumvesuviana line which left us a brief 7/8 minute walk from the hotel. The only problem is Pozzano does not have a ticket office so if you are planning on using the train you need to get your tickets in Sorrento the day before (Im sure you can by a week one) or else get the hotel Shuttle to Vico Equense and get the train from there.
The hotel had a shuttle to Sorrento and there was also a public bus which stopped outside. We got the hotel shuttle in almost every evening and it cam back at 12 which was nice as we were not out too late any evening. I would not recommend driving to anyone as the Italians (no offense folks!) are terrifying on the road and would cut you off left right and centre!!
The hotel was very friendly. As mentioned before Pepe is one of the nicest barmen you could deal with. He always remembered us and our drinks. He was friendly, funny and a pleasure. The rest of the staff I found very pleasant. I did not meet one member of staff who were rude. Going by Italy in general I found everyone quite abrupt, I wouldn't call it rude I would be inclined to think they have a different manor, but once you engaged them anyone I spoke with was pleasant and helpful even though we hadn't a word of italian between us!
Any time I asked the staff a question they answered it. The Wifi is not free as mentioned but you can get an hour free first and then pay after that. This did not bother me as I was away to relax and people who can not enjoy their holiday without being stuck to the internet probably should not be on holiday in the first place.
The Spa is lovely. Very peaceful and relaxing. Prices were not that much different than at home. People were complaining about the price of the restaurant. We have a beautiful meal, 3 courses and a bottle of wine (very nice wine on the Maitre D's reccommendation) was €92. Quite normal by Irish standards especially for the kind of food they were serving. You could clearly see that every staff had a job and a certain station to serve. They all did their job very well and we had a very enjoyable meal. I am very baffled as to why people have not enjoyed their stay.
If you want to be more central certainly go and stay in Sorrento but it was such a busy city I was very happy to come each day and relax in the peace and quiet overlooking the beautiful bay of Naples and Mt Vesuvius. The bus schedule means planning you day out in advance but once you are organised there is no issues. Rooms were amazing. Fantastic view overlooking the sea. Watched some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.
I really do not have anything bad to say. The staff were lovely, friendly and helpful when asked. The rooms was fabulous. Breakfast was pricey by hotel standards but very tasty and good choice. Bar menu is limited for the lack of alternatives in the area but the drinks menu is fantastic and coffee is delicious. The private beach was lovely and the pol was beautiful. Tv's are not dated, all flat screen as far as I could see. I do not understand any traveller in a foreign language country giving out about no English speaking channels. That is very rude in my opinion. The staff and locals are good enough to understand English and speak it at a conversational if not better level than 99% of the tourists I seen could speak Italian. Expecting English television is simply mind baffling.
Overall we had the most amazing holiday in one of the most beautiful parts of the world. Would definitely recommend and will certainly be staying again the next time.

Room Tip: Sea View rooms are a must. Plan your day i advance. Saves time wasted waiting on trains/buses etc.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights, with another couple we were travelling with. We checked in on a Saturday afternoon and almost immediately felt the unfriendly atmosphere as the staff were unhelpful and supercilious. The kettle in our friends room wasn't working so they asked reception if it could be replaced but were told there were no other kettles available and they could order hot water from the Bar or Reception and probably wouldn't be charged. This took a long time and a couple of approaches to staff. We went to the restaurant on Saturday evening for dinner, it should have been wonderful looking across the bay to Naples but was a frustrating experience as the staff were busy looking busy but not actually looking after their customers. Our starters arrived before we had even been offered the wine list, we asked for it in the end and got the wine as our mains arrived. Only one staff member smiled.Another couple we had met, Italians, were remonstrating with staff about the poor service. After dinner we went to the Bar and met Peppe, he was the only friendly person we met in our two day stay.
The television sets are very outdated and need replacing, they are not acceptable for this level of hotel.
We recommend some serious staff training and a realisation that the customer is the person paying the wages!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Maryanne C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service to all of our guest. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the negative impression you had with the quality of staff service you received. We will certainly discuss your comments with our staff. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services we have to offer to our guests.

We value you as our guest and appreciate the candid review. If your travel brings you to the area in the future, we hope you give us another chance.

Zelyn N
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at this lovely hotel for a week from September 7th.
The location is beautiful, with an amazing view over to Vesuvius.
Yes, the hotel is some way from Sorrento, however that didn't bother me as I found that to be too manic and noisy and not somewhere I particularly wanted to spend much time.
The hotel is clean and modern, the food is lovely and very reasonably priced.
The staff are wonderful, they all went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The staff in the restaurant couldn't be more attentive and polite! They were fantastic.
I enjoyed every moment of my stay at this hotel and would absolutely return!
Thank you to all at Crowne Plaza for making our holiday so special!

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The rooms are decent - main criticisms here are no free wifi - this is not a luxury anymore and there are close to zero entertainment channels in English. This may be OK if you are an Italian chain but for an international chain in a tourist area - this is unacceptable in my view. Would definitely recommend the sea view room. Room service ridiculously expensive!
Service - There was some fantastic individuals - Pasquelle and this other guy whose name I cannot remember (but he is the one getting married soon!) were good. Chiara was helpful but overall the staff need a lot more training, learn to smile. For an international chain, English spoken was very poor.
Spa - worst part of it all. The first day they ran out of towels! The pool was cold and 2 of the 3 steam rooms were not working! Hardly any one spoke English - how do you explain what sort of treatment you want? Treatments were below average. I wouldn't really call this a spa!
Location - great if you have a car, terrible otherwise - simple! Parking not cheap either!
Food - We are vegetarians and the choice is poor. Moreover, the attitude to try and find an alternative is bad. When alternatives are found, they are overcharged. 8 euros for a plate of semi roasted potatoes sounds a little unfair to me! Half the food at breakfast seemed stale. I would not pay for breakfast here - fortunately ours was included. To put it in perspective, we only bothered with breakfast 3 out of the 7 days we were here.

Room Tip: Sea view room for sure!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Kandarp T,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. I am pleased to note that you liked our room accommodation. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests.

Lera P
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had an enjoyable 9 night stay but only because I had done some prep work. Unlike other guests I was aware we are no where near sorrento, there is zero local restaurants, shops etc and you are isolated unless you have a car, book tours or get public, hotel bus. Walking anywhere is not an option. The area is industrial and the view is great out to the bay. We were upgraded to full see view and the was large and modern. Large opening window/ door to a Juliet style balcony. Go for sea view it is a must. The hotel bus is useful but expect a 50 min trip into sorrento. Times are limited. 7.30, 10.00,18.30 and 22.00. Return times. 22.00 or midnight only. If you drive be brave as I have near seen traffic or drivers like it even in Rome, New York etc. could I recommend a bus in at 1pm and maybe then it could return at 2.30pm.

Breakfast v expensive and lunch limited. Evening meals are short o n choice and do not expect lots of pasta, pizza or steak options. 3 course with a bottle of wine is around 100 euros for 2.

Pool very good... Beach good and rare for the area. Expect rocky outcrops. Sand beaches do not exist.

Enjoyed tours and went on 3. Amalfi coast best option. Most of day on the modern boat .. Max 12 people with drinks and snacks included. As the hotel is remote nice to get collected and returned to private pier

Service from reception is ok but a smile and more training needed. Had to ask several people to get answers .... The tour poster says free dinner if you book 3 trips... No one knew about this, 2 of the staff had not even noticed the large poster in reception... We didn't end up getting it at a cost of about 80 euros to buy dinner in its place. If you advertise offers please train staff and live up to offer.. Not pass the buck

Overall good location if you plan, want to have a quiet holiday, can plan and work around time tables.

Overall it was as expected

90 euro taxi fare to airport, Free wifi if you are gold or plat member .. If not expensive.

Drinks. Sprite small bottle 4 euro, bottle beer 6 euro. Toastie 7 euro. Cocktail 10 euro.

Bus. Hotel. 5 euro return to sorrento.

As both myself and partner were platinum members this was recognised on check in as expected.

Improvements. More bus times, more lunch choices, more options for dinner, better trained staff on offers and get them to look happy... They are selling your brand.

Room Tip: Full Sea view a must, Go high as possible.
Dear D B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel pool and location. We are sorry the food selections and level of service you received from our staff did not live up to your expectations. We are always working to be the best we can be and improve on our level of service. The feedback we received from our guests, like you will help us to accomplish this.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. We do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Zelyn N
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family and I (husband & 2 small children) stayed at Crowne Plaza in June for one week. Front desk was very welcoming, Professional. The room we had was extremely clean and well organized by our housekeeper everyday! Breakfast was delicious , fresh seasonal foods , fresh cheeses and ham, bacon& eggs! lovely cappuccinos, espresso . Our favorite was the pool! Mario was so friendly, pleasant and helpful with us and especially with the children. The setting of the pool is so peaceful with the hill top to one side & the sea at the other!! We would, without question recommend this Hotel to all. I personally travel the world as part of my career and have had the pleasure of staying in many hotels to which I can compare. For an Italian holiday away from all the traffic of tourists this hotel is ideal!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Tis is a nice facility, very modern and comfortable. We had a room overlooking mt. v. The only drawback is the location. It is not a pedestrian friendly place as there are no sidewalks along the road. It is a hotel more geared to people with automobiles. Convenient if you are visiting Pompeii as you can take a taxi to the train station and take train to the ruins. A bit of a drive to Sorento. Staff was a bit cold and sour, even by Italian standards (and one of us is Italian). Made us wonder if they were truly interested in welcoming tourist. Good place to stay if you can manage to avoid dealing with the staff at check- in and throughout your stay. Truly regrettable Pompeii wasn't located in Spain or Portugal where tourist are welcomed and treated respectfully. The manager might want to invest in some staff training.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear FrankandJane_30,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
IHGCare

Been to Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast? Share your experiences!