This is a gem of a hotel, great service, lovely staff, fantastic new pool, super rooms and all in a beautiful setting and grounds.
OK so the immediate area around it is not great but who is worried when one is in a super hotel and grounds ?
The staff are superb, friendly, helpful,attentive and welcoming.
We had hire cars and could easily travel around all the sights and found parking easy and the driving fun and well spirited. Do not be put off by the daft guide books who say take the bus/train.There is much to do locally with Vesuvius, Pompeii,Naples, Capri and the whole Amalfi Coast on ones doorstep. There are loads of local restaurants to eat in and the food is all excellent...the hotel staff will recommend where to go and we followed their advice which was always good.
We have stayed in loads of hotels of all types all over the world and its always easy to find faults, trust me this hotel is a very good one.The staff here will do all they can to help. The Manager is very friendly and wants to make sure everyone enjoys their stay.
Italy is a wonderful easy going country one has to just relax and join in........
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Castellammare Di Stabia
- La Medusa Grand Hotel Italy/Castellammare Di Stabia, Province Of Naples
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Superior four-star Hotel is a romantic villa "fin de siècle" made up of 49 rooms, whose restoration is constantly in balance between the respect for the past and the influence of contemporary style.A unique and authentic place made of beautiful old trees and surrounded by green surfaces, that admires the spectacular Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius.On one hand, the common areas, characterized by an unmistakable style and a wonderful elegance, which completely respect the important classical style of the structure; on the other hand, the rooms, a continuous alternation of contemporary and classical Design.A Hotel, on its own, marked by a deeply individual style where the care for details, quality and hospitality represents the common denominator.The ceramics of Amalfi Coast hand-painted with an exclusive design, the antique furniture and tapestries characterize the lobby, the bar and the restaurant situated on the ground floor of the hotel; so quiet places, that make possible living in a private and protected dimension... where each detail becomes a pleasure to be relished. The huge glass windows in «Liberty Style» divide the building from the secular park: an explosion of flowers and colours, a wide open-air sitting-room completely equipped with chaise-longue, easy-chairs and gazebos; an unforgettable atmosphere beyond every expectation.Around the park full of flowers, the outside «Fitness Corner» represents an opportunity to keep oneself fit in an uncontaminated and healthy environment; the wellness swimming-pool with geysers, the sun beds, the large solarium represent an occasion of certain and pleasant relax. From here just a step to get to the «Pool Bar» for an aperitif, and another for sipping a vintage wine at the outside restaurant «Il Gazebo & Le Terrazze» in the middle of the citrus grove.Here the Chef suggests a refined, precious Mediterranean and International cuisine, a perfect balance among tastes, smells and colours.Excellent services like a Mercedes shuttle bus to the city centre or the close beaches, the free parking, the opportunity to rent a yacht or book private excursions and much more... will make your stay unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, Nozio Netplan srl, Hotels.com, Tingo and Agoda so you can book your La Medusa Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.