After a challenging drive in an unfamiliar hire car from the airport in Naples, turning into the entrance of the La Medusa Grand Hotel was like entering a beautiful and peaceful oasis! We were greeted by Francesco, the hotel manager, who immediately made us feel like part of his family, emphasising "no stress" and inviting us to treat the hotel as home.
The hotel is set in lovely gardens filled with palm and citrus trees, with fountains, statues and restful seating areas. Our visit was in February, so we couldn't make the most of this, but imagine it would be very enjoyable to sit out in the sun enjoying a drink. As we were out of season the swimming pool and hotel restaurant were closed, but there is a good restaurant almost opposite, called La Brace, which Francesco pointed us to.
Our rooms (one double and one twin for the kids) were spacious, perfectly clean and impeccably decorated. They were air-conditioned, and wifi is available. Breakfast was included for our stay and this was a delicious spread of cereals, fruit juices, bread, rolls, ham, cheese, cakes, fruit and yoghurt, washed down with tea, coffee or chocolate.
The hotel is located in Castellammare Di Stabia, which is conveniently located for visiting Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples, Sorrento and the Amalfi coast; as well as being within walking distance of two well-preserved and free-to-visit Roman villas, which Francesco kindly directed us to. A hire car is recommended, although it would be possible to use taxis and public transport.
In conclusion - excellent staff / service; good location for sight-seeing in the area but not 'touristy' in itself; very comfortable and welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Superior four-star Hotel is a romantic villa "fin de siècle" made up of 49 rooms, whose restoration is constantly in balance between the respect for the past and the influence of contemporary style.A unique and authentic place made of beautiful old trees and surrounded by green surfaces, that admires the spectacular Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius.On one hand, the common areas, characterized by an unmistakable style and a wonderful elegance, which completely respect the important classical style of the structure; on the other hand, the rooms, a continuous alternation of contemporary and classical Design.A Hotel, on its own, marked by a deeply individual style where the care for details, quality and hospitality represents the common denominator.The ceramics of Amalfi Coast hand-painted with an exclusive design, the antique furniture and tapestries characterize the lobby, the bar and the restaurant situated on the ground floor of the hotel; so quiet places, that make possible living in a private and protected dimension... where each detail becomes a pleasure to be relished. The huge glass windows in «Liberty Style» divide the building from the secular park: an explosion of flowers and colours, a wide open-air sitting-room completely equipped with chaise-longue, easy-chairs and gazebos; an unforgettable atmosphere beyond every expectation.Around the park full of flowers, the outside «Fitness Corner» represents an opportunity to keep oneself fit in an uncontaminated and healthy environment; the wellness swimming-pool with geysers, the sun beds, the large solarium represent an occasion of certain and pleasant relax. From here just a step to get to the «Pool Bar» for an aperitif, and another for sipping a vintage wine at the outside restaurant «Il Gazebo & Le Terrazze» in the middle of the citrus grove.Here the Chef suggests a refined, precious Mediterranean and International cuisine, a perfect balance among tastes, smells and colours.Excellent services like a Mercedes shuttle bus to the city centre or the close beaches, the free parking, the opportunity to rent a yacht or book private excursions and much more... will make your stay unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Escapio, Agoda and Otel so you can book your La Medusa Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Castellammare Di Stabia
- La Medusa Grand Hotel Italy/Castellammare Di Stabia, Province Of Naples