Thanks to Enrico, Francesco and Giorgio and the rest of the staff who work so hard to give the guests the feeling that you are special and deserve special treatment. The fact is that this is the feeling most guests are having when coming to this hotel in the middle of the beautiful woods of Monte Amiata. I never had better dinners, thanks to Giorgio who runs the kitchen together with Claudia and others.
After long days on the bike, exploring the many historic villages on the foot of Monte Amiata and enjoying the special Tuscan nature, it was like coming to Paradise to come up to Le Macinaie, breathing fresh air, calm down in the spa and enjoy wonderful dinners.
I can definitely advice this hotel for travellers who want to spend days in Southern Tuscany hiking or biking or doing other sorts of activities, and also for others who want to spend lazy days in the middle of silence in calm surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1972, Le Macinaie Hotel has been an old chestnut mill, completely refurbished in 1999. The family managed hotel is located on Monte Amiata (at 1400 M a.s.l.), the unknown Tuscan Volcano, which was sacred to the Etruscan's. The hotel lies in a beautiful clearing, surrounded by Italy's largest beech wood, with a breathtaking view to the peak of the Volcano. It counts 17 comfortable and charming rooms including a free of charge WIFI connection and internet corner. After your daily hiking, biking, motorbiking or gourmet tour which Enrico & Francesco are able to suggest, customize and book, you can enjoy our tiny relaxing area which includes infra-red Sauna, Whirlpool, and Tanning booth.In the evening or for lunch our Restaurant, where Chef Giorgio & Claudia propose local, handmade & Tuscan dishes is famous for its mushroom soup and grilled edible boletus cap. In the morning our rich buffet breakfast is welcoming you and you will be ready for a new and unforgettable travel experience… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, HostelWorld and Venere so you can book your Hotel Le Macinaie - Monte Amiata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Macinaie Albergo Ristorante Hotel
- Hotel Le Macinaie - Monte Amiata Castel Del Piano, Italy - Tuscany