This last week was my fourth visit to "my family" at Le Macinaie. We were introduced to the hotel by a local Tuscan cycling guide named Mark Mahan. I cannot imagine ever traveling to Tuscany and not staying here for part of the trip. The hospitality is first class-the guest is their highest priority. It is well worth the relatively modest cost for the rooms, which are spotless. The bathrooms are modern. The staff will assist you in seeing the Amiatina area, which is spectacular-hot springs, hiking, and great (but STEEP) cycling.
The helpfulness of the multilingual staff is the real attraction of the hotel, but the food and wine are a very close second. It is tuscan cuisine of the highest order. They use fresh local products (mushrooms!) and each meal is 3-4 delicious courses. The waitstaff (Enrico is tops) are very professional and knowledgable, particularly about the wines. The wines of the surrounding regions (Montecucco, Brunello, Vino nobile) are well represented and by US standards very well priced.
I highly recommend this hotel/restaurant to anyone who values great service and food. It is well worth the trip up to Monte Amiata.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1972, Le Macinaie Hotel has been an old chestnut mill, completely refurbished in 1999. The family managed hotel is located on Monte Amiata (at 1400 M a.s.l.), the unknown Tuscan Volcano, which was sacred to the Etruscan's. The hotel lies in a beautiful clearing, surrounded by Italy's largest beech wood, with a breathtaking view to the peak of the Volcano. It counts 17 comfortable and charming rooms including a free of charge WIFI connection and internet corner. After your daily hiking, biking, motorbiking or gourmet tour which Enrico & Francesco are able to suggest, customize and book, you can enjoy our tiny relaxing area which includes infra-red Sauna, Whirlpool, and Tanning booth.In the evening or for lunch our Restaurant, where Chef Giorgio & Claudia propose local, handmade & Tuscan dishes is famous for its mushroom soup and grilled edible boletus cap. In the morning our rich buffet breakfast is welcoming you and you will be ready for a new and unforgettable travel experience… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Le Macinaie - Monte Amiata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Macinaie Albergo Ristorante Hotel
- Hotel Le Macinaie - Monte Amiata Castel Del Piano, Italy - Tuscany