This hotel is perfectly positioned, and very friendly. As a two star hotel however, I felt it was over-priced for the quality of services. For the half board price, we expected a really special dinner, considering that that our room was still not ready on our arrival at 3 (despite check out time of 10 a.m.), we were on the third floor without lift, and there was inadequate parking space. The meal was professionally served and prepared, with a basic antipasto buffet, two good primi, and a selection of desserts. The main course was extremely disappointing, however, and far too heavy, even for Tuscan tastes (even the cabbage was ruined with croutons and bacon), served with two types of greasy pork. Sadly, inedible.
I could probably recommend this hotel to families with small children, as it is convenient for skiing, and trekking, and the staff are very attentive generally. Couples expecting a romantic weekend, though, will be shocked to learn that the wellness centre is not only tiny, but is not included in the price. Not really worth the 15 euro extra :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1972, Le Macinaie Hotel has been an old chestnut mill, completely refurbished in 1999. The family managed hotel is located on Monte Amiata (at 1400 M a.s.l.), the unknown Tuscan Volcano, which was sacred to the Etruscan's. The hotel lies in a beautiful clearing, surrounded by Italy's largest beech wood, with a breathtaking view to the peak of the Volcano. It counts 17 comfortable and charming rooms including a free of charge WIFI connection and internet corner. After your daily hiking, biking, motorbiking or gourmet tour which Enrico & Francesco are able to suggest, customize and book, you can enjoy our tiny relaxing area which includes infra-red Sauna, Whirlpool, and Tanning booth.In the evening or for lunch our Restaurant, where Chef Giorgio & Claudia propose local, handmade & Tuscan dishes is famous for its mushroom soup and grilled edible boletus cap. In the morning our rich buffet breakfast is welcoming you and you will be ready for a new and unforgettable travel experience… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld and Venere so you can book your Hotel Le Macinaie - Monte Amiata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Macinaie Albergo Ristorante Hotel
- Hotel Le Macinaie - Monte Amiata Castel Del Piano, Italy - Tuscany