“Slow Food Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Genova, Italia
“Slow Food Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

As every December , I had dinner here with my local customers.
Located in the old town, close to the Slow Food HQ, Boccondivino is an experience of its own already when you enter in the 19th Century courtyard.
At the table, you can choose from a variety of local foods, of which several Slow Food presidia, I.e. traditional foods that are disappearing.
Truffle is a must, especially in the cocotte egg.
Very good wine list.
Try, and tell me if you agree with me or with the gentleman from Barcelona....;-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Great food, could work more on the atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Cooking is great, especially considering it's very plain, no frills. Hi-quality ingredients carefully prepared but no magic.

Sitting in a rather noisy, light room with fluorescent lamps on the walls does bring down some of the atmospehere, though. Some textiles or whatever to dampen the noise and candles on the table combined with the light from those nice glass-door wine cabinets would enhance it a lot.

Nice setting in an inner court of a block inside the town of Bra, I'd say the outside atmosphere beats the inside by far.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Neive, Italy
“Good all round Piemontese cooking and wine list”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

A very pleasant place to have lunch (or dinner) tucked away in a courtyard (used in summer) off the back streets of Bra. Interesting place with several interlinked dining rooms that helps keep the noise down. Service was attentive and unobtrusive and the food unpretentious but imaginative. We had the peppers stuffed with tuna sauce and the mashed baccalà and potato, tortiglioni with a very tasty pork sauce followed by a wonderful slow cooked goose leg with roast potatoes. The wine list is very reasonably priced with some bargains: We had the Lodali Langhe Nebbiolo at just €12.50. We'll go back

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Good but not special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Do not allow my heading to imply criticism. It is simply that I can't fully understand the rave notices given by some folk to this restaurant. I can only assume that they have eaten there many times and found the food to be superlative.

My wife and I ate there just the once. I had a very enjoyable meal. She didn't (which is unusual because she is usually the lucky one!).

Whilst part of my meal included a truly excellent vitello tonnato her main course of tongue was hard, implying overcooking.

So there you go. Expect a pleasant enough meal but possibly not a life enhancing experience .

Visited October 2011
Edison, New Jersey
“Great find with excellent local cuisine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I was born in Bra and decided to back to see my birth city after many years. This restaurant was recommended by a few local shop-owners who I asked for advice on a good place to eat. Food-wise, it is excellent as my wife and I sampled local dishes and all of it was great and prepared just as they should be prepared. We waited a short while at the end to get our check but this was a trivial issue. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere