“Never given all 5's before...Elizabeth & her family earnt it easily!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Alpi & Golf

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Alpi & Golf to your Saves list
Hotel Alpi & Golf
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Milano 78, 23032 Bormio, Italy   |
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Bormio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Never given all 5's before...Elizabeth & her family earnt it easily!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

What a place! What a room- we stayed on the top floor in a room for 4, our 12 year old whooped at the sight of her mezzanine bed. Excellent finish and quality.
The service was so good, so personable, it was like a film.
The key here is character. Both in the people and the place. From a wall of ski trophies, to portraits of Elizabeth.
The vibe of the place is great. I 'lounged' in the lounge for a good hour, reading, drinking local beer and listening to the Italians at the bar. My blood pressure dropped like a stone after a day of driving the Stelvio pass.

I would be back here in a flash. Just wish we could have stayed longer to take in the Thermal Baths.

100% recommended.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Staff is very friendly and interested in their guests whereabouts.
Breakfast buffet style has lots to offer, and more then enough.
Dinner is salad bar, primo and secundo piatto, desert buffet.
There is a ski basement which serves as bike storage in summer. Can be locked secured and working on the bike is possible.

There is a terrace at the street side hence not very quiet.
There is no terrace on the calmer back side.
There is no airco, so rooms can heat up quite a lot in summer. Sleep with open window wasn't an option due to traffic from early morning.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quieter. The hotel is close to a busy road.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mweso, RDC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

If you like a place with personality where the love for the mountains, the kindness of hosts that care about you, and the professionality which comes with years of experience is there to be seen and enjoyed... then Alpi&Golf is as much the place for you as it was for me and my friends. They welcomed us with a smile, they went the extra mile to help us out and they made us feel at home. They organized for us a very beautiful hike on the Val Zebru, a dinner to a local, awsome, restaurant when we wanted a change from the nevertheless very good restaurant of the hotel itself and of course the visits to Bagni Nuovi & Vecchi. We defenitely couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Varenna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

An extremely nice room for a single traveler...Jacuzzi Tub, Bathrobe that fit !(6'1" 240 pounds), big double bed, super mattress and a custom bed that stored your suitcases in drawers designed for that purpose...The owner Elizabeth, made me feel at home from the onset, I arrived over the lunch hour to a hotel more reminiscent of a home, with the fire going, and not a sole around...their old dog with a bark for a "YOU STAYING HERE DUDE, OR WHAT?", and when I acknowledged I was, his bark turned into a wagging tail, and he help carry my luggage in...this level of service, IN ITALY?
The trophies on the wall for skiing, the neat family photos on the wall. the no fuss if you want your skiis and boots in your room with you, the free internet, the all important SKY system on the TVs, I cannot think of a better hotel, although not in the town center, it was just next to the Emergency Room, which at my age is as important as being next to the slopes...
I have at least 25 trips to Bormio, with most being at the sublime Bagni Nouvi, I found this stay EXCEPTIONAL!....I cannot comment on most of my hotel stays due to the fact that I am there due to my job, and am comped by the hotel(can't bite the hand that feeds you sorta thing), but I have over 5,000 hotel stays all over the world, so regardless of my lack of reviews, I rate this property with a TRUE 5 STARS based upon a 3 star ranked hotel with all the bells and whistles of a 5 star hotel. GREAT JOB!...and I enjoyed my breakfast(included) both mornings!

Room Tip: ski bus just outside the door, ground floor has little terraces, bring a bone to tip the porter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Lovely staff, comfortable, spacious rooms and a clear desire from the staff to attend and to be helpful. a not to far from town center and the breakfast could be better. But definitively a nice experience with a nice personal touch form the staff and owners.

Thanks for the nice stay, and hopefully these could help some of you to take a good selection.

Mi è piaciuto molto.

Fernando

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I left from Maranello in Italy and arrived at Bormio with no Hotel Reservation at 2 am after midnight!! I tried ringing several hotels but no one would answer! Alpi Golf Hotel did! A very kind man came down and provided me with a very nice room at a good price! Although it was 2 am he did everything possible to make my accommodation comfortable. Breakfast was great. Above all though very friendly and kind people!
I suggest it to everyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

First things first - a tip: if coming from the town centre be careful not to overshoot the hotel; and if you do - turn as soon as possible or you will be committed to a very lengthy road tunnel. The entrance is actually via the accident and emergency hospital entrance, which is signposted with a red cross and the words "Pronto Intervento". The hotel is just to the left as you drive in, and there is parking to the rear and additional garage parking underneath.

As for the hotel itself - it is well nigh perfect. We were greeted on arrival by a most charming young man who couldn't have been more helpful. Our room was furnished to a very high standard and had a large comfy bed, sky TV and wi-fi; and the bathroom was luxurious with quality fixtures and fittings. As far as the room is concerned, I could only make one suggestion re improvement - the empty shelf just beneath the television is just crying out for a kettle! I know it's a very British thing - but I do like to be able to make a cup of tea in my room.

We didn't have a meal in the hotel, but a look at the menu suggested that it is well worth doing so. Breakfast was the usual continental affair, but very good, and my only criticism is the fact that the coffee was self-service from a machine, which is never as nice as proper, home-made coffee.

From the hotel it is only a 15 minute stroll into the centre of town. It is also very handy for the main road out of town, so is ideally located. On departure the young man apologised for not being able to give us one of the upstairs rooms. All I can say is that our ground-floor room was splendid, so if the upstairs ones are better then they must be something special.

This is a great hotel in a lovely little town, and it is clear that the owners take great care and pride in providing quality service. I have no hesitation in recommending it and we look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Alpi & Golf? Share your experiences!