“MY HOLIDAY IS THIER JOB !!! Wonderful hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Duarte
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Via Noaro 1, 18012 Bordighera, Italy   |
Ranked #16 of 19 Bordighera B&B and Inns
Moscow, Russia
“MY HOLIDAY IS THIER JOB !!! Wonderful hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have already visited this place twice.
Summer 2012 - from 09.06.12 to 16.06.12
Summer 2013 - from 03.08.13 to 10.08.13.
In 2012 it was the first time I visited Italy with my friends. We travelled by train. The Hotel Duarte is situated near the station, so do not have to take a taxi. We arrived into the hotel at 8.30, we were taken rooms in spite of the time of checking into is 13.00. My friends reserved thier number and I not. But they found a room for me. I liked it very much. There is a restaurant on the 5th floor. Smell from the kitchen doesn't enter your room!!!! In the hotelthere is an excellent cook. The menu is very rich and there is a choice! Meat and fish, sea products are always fresh. They gave me a menu in Russian!!!
Staff is perfect. They make you feel like home. Rooms are always clean and your own things never disappear!!!! In 2013 i travelled alone, and i chose the same hotel. Hotel I booked from Moscow independently. Hotel Manager made sure that I did it correctly. I don't know Italian, emails sent in English, hotel employees meet me on all my emails and helped correctly book a room. The hotel itself is located on a Central street. It is very important for women. All shops nearby.
sea is within a 5-minute walk from the hotel. No need to go long on heat. In General all very homely. I really like the hotel and will definitely return there again ( with mam and small dog!).

Room Tip: I like the rooms with balconies. In the evenings you can sit and admire the night city.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Astonished when reading the good reviews of tripadvisor. Noisy....beds that are between regular and bad, not in a particular nice spot in a beautiful italian town. Service is substandard. Price /perfomance i would say that it is very expensive !.
AVOID....you will be better well off in almost any place

Room Tip: If you HAVE to sleep here....avoid lower floors since they are noisy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ashland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The absolutely worst hotel I have ever stayed in! We were given the room on the lowest floor, street side (and I'm talking non-stop traffic noise), the heat of early July, with no AC or even a fan, so we had to choose between not sleeping due to sweltering heat, or due to noise (which could be heard even with the windows closed). I paid 102 euros to get absolutely zero sleep. If I had known the language I would have demanded a room on the other side or my money back. Should have driven an extra hour to get back to France. Ugh!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Mediterranean side would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We booked the hotel Enrica through Expedia. When we arrived, it was closed for renovations. They had not notified us, or Expedia, or - as it turns out - the tourist office. Thank goodness the tourist office was open and found us a room at the lovely Della Punta.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

These guys were fantastic! A rail strike prevented me from getting the train from France into Italy - they ensured that I got my ride to the hotel after a grueling 36 hours of travel. It IS noisy at times. It has a great location to the city centre, the rail station and so on. The single room was spacious enough for me and the breakfast room/restaurant entertains some pretty nice views. Again however, it does get loud. I found the staff to be lively and helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the street.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, Lithuania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

If there is no need to stop in this place, then by all means don't. The motel is situated on the crossing, so all the noise from the traffic reaches you all the time. The rooms need redecoration, but according to the host it will be done some time in 2012. The motel is really close to the sea, but that is basically it. The breakfast was poor and we even did not get any capuccino...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Duarte? Share your experiences!