“Great potential” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aqualux Hotel Spa Suite & Terme

You added Aqualux Hotel Spa Suite & Terme to your Saves list
Aqualux Hotel Spa Suite & Terme
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Europa Unita, 24, 37011 Bardolino, Italy (Formerly Aqualux Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Bardolino
“Great potential”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Amazing setting, the hotel is new and has a clean and modern design, the inner and outer pools are just amazing!
The room we got was huge, clean and with a nice balcony viewing the pools and surroundings.
Free parking, descent breakfast, near Bardolino center (5 min by foot).

But- I'm not sure some of the staff are in the right profession...
Over all we had a great time, and will be back. I will recommend this hotel to my friends with hope it will improve where it lacks.
(Stayed for 5 nights)

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Direzione_albergo, Direttore at Aqualux Hotel Spa Suite & Terme, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing us and I am happy that he appreciated the beauty of the hotel and its services . We opened the hotel one year ago and in order to reach the good balance of our services we still need few time but for sure next time you will be back we will be able to surprise you!
Looking forward to welcoming your again to Aqualux Hotel Spa Suite & Terme I remain
Francesco Cirillo – General Manage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Muc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a long weekend away with friends. I have been to the area many times and thought this would be a welcome chance to try a different hotel.
It's a new building that has a modern appeal to it but the design is not too out there so should probably appeal for years to come.
In overall I did enjoy the stay but the obnoxious, rude and unprofessional staff left a bad aftertaste. I'd like to add that I hardly ever make complaints about hotels and am rather easy going but this was so disappointing I had to share it.

Positives:
- comfortable, beautiful and clean room, particularly liked the shower, great water pressure
- excellent spa, very spacious and includes a ladies only area
- outside pools and garden are stunning
- great breakfast
- location: only short walk to Bardolino center but far away enough to get some peace
- free underground parking with enough available spaces
- guests are a good mix of families and couples of all ages and nationalities, relaxed atmosphere
- house keeping ladies were lovely and kept our room spotless

Negatives:

- staff at reception are exceptionally rude and really need to up there game. Have stayed in many good and also really basic hotels around the world but have never been treated in such a way. It started at check-in and didn't end well at check-out.
They treat you like a nuisance rather than a paying customer.

At arrival we were barely greeted by a rather annoyed looking lady and didn't feel welcome at all. Everybody has a bad day so we brushed it off as a one-off.
But it looks like this lady had a bad week or is in general not particularly happy to work with people as she still treated us the same way at check-out.
We were denied checking out and bringing down the 2nd key 10 mins later together with our luggage without any explanation. All she said was "no" with a cold stare. If you have a reason go and explain yourself as this is really not that exceptional. Strangely enough this was no problem for another guest as we witnessed later.
Late check.out was also not possible despite the hotel clearly being half-empty.
They operate a card against beach towel exchange system which means at check-out you need to bring back the cards or you will be charged extra. Nobody bothered to explain this to us when we checked in or picked up the towels so we spent extra time sorting this out before being "allowed" to settle our final bill. Not a single friendly word. Instead I felt like a criminal being accused of trying to take some crappy beach towels.

I am afraid all the other staff at reception we interacted with during our stay didn't leave a good impression either. It's a shame as these are the people you get in contact with at the beginning and end of your stay and they are the face of a hotel.

- staff at the pool bar while being friendly don't speak any other language than Italian which made it challenging at times to communicate.

- hotel bar has as much charm as hospital waiting area. Far too bright and no atmosphere.

So, would I recommend this hotel?

If you still manage to enjoy a beautiful place despite awful staff - go ahead and you won't regret it.
Otherwise, stay away and try Caesius up the road instead. At least they know how to treat their guests.

Room Tip: If you don't want to overlook the courtyard get rooms facing the vineyards on the front of the h...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
thank you for your kind feedback and comments. As General Manager you should accept both positive and negative comments in order to improve and understand where to focus more efforts. I do apologize for the problems you had but on the other hand I would say that it looks very strange to me reading about them since I know my team and I don’t really understand how it happened. Many clients leave their comments on our Guest Satisfaction Questionnaire and those of our Reception Staff are very positive.
I did a research about places where you stayed and it looks very strange that you suggest Caesius as an alternative ….how can you suggest services of this hotel if you have never been there before….…..? You took time to write about us but you didn’t take time to write about them with their fantastic service…? Very strange ………
Any way I look forward to welcoming your again to Aqualux Hotel Spa Suite & Terme and I remain
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Spent a week at this 4* hotel on the out skirts of Bardolino and found I was somewhat disappointed from what I'd hoped would have been a wonderful experience. So what was right and what stopped it from being 5/5. The rooms were lovely, well appointed and apparently clean until you start looking. I found one or two areas which haven't seen a duster in years. The shower room was modern and very well appointed but it stank from dirty drains. The hall ways for a relatively new hotel needed the painting as they were badly scuffed from trolleys and luggage. The food was wonderful to compensate, but they got our orders wrong with a regularity that had to be seen to be believed. By the way my partner asked for a Shandy, once we managed to convey what we wanted, it took 40 mins to actually have it delivered. So overall the stay was jaded from what should have been a 5* review to one of 4* only. Would I go again, well probably not but not because of the issues I've highlighted, no the issue is more the location which is a good 15 to 20 mins walk from the marina and the ferries, there are hotels closer which when you have a partner with a walking problem it is very important. The Gardens and pool areas are very good and a lovely area to spend some time.

Room Tip: Check if the room you've been allocated overlooks the pool as these have the best outlook in my...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
thank you for your kind feedback and for having compared us with a 5* hotel
It is a very big surprised for me to read about the cleaning because this service is one of our top. We opened last March for the new season and we couldn’t collect so much dust …… I personally play much attention to the cleaning in the hotel and until today I haven’t received negative comments on this matter. Any way I will take note of your comment which I will share with my Housekeeping team who has to be more careful even with the most hidden corners. I’m really sorry to read that you haven’t been fully satisfied and it would have been good if you would have asked for talking to me. If you will be back one day please apply to me directly if you have more comments.
You take only 5 minutes to reach the Bardolino town center but if you have walking problems you take much more of course. It is almost impossible to build an hotel with such water park and garden in the city center of Bardolino ….
Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your holiday and I wish you a very pleasant summer time.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at the Aqualux for our honeymoon and the treatment from the moment we stepped through the door until we left was outstanding. The hotel had a congratulations fruit basket in our suite when we arrived which was a lovely touch. We had booked a round suite and the room was fantastic.
I could not say one bad thing about this hotel, for us it was absolute paradise from the rooms, to the swimming pools to the restaurants.
We will most certainly be returning to the Aqualux

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your kind feedback about your stay with us and I’m glad to read that you have been satisfied by our services. Then we are happy to have helped make your holiday a success. If you wish to come back to Bardolino do not hesitate to contact me personally.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

New hotel with modern facilities, its wings form a square with a nice garden inside and an outside swimming pool (heated). There is also an indoor heated pool. Both pools have excellent hydromassage facilities, there are a couple of jacuzzis (inside and outside), three saunas and two steam rooms. Overall, great spa experience. On the negative side, kids younger than 16 are not allowed in the saunas.

There are several places with water falling down the walls to create a nice sound of falling water around the hotel which is noticeable at night.

Rooms are modern, with nice facilities - we were upgraded to a two room suite with a jacuzzie and a round bed, overlooking the inside garden area. Room had two bathrooms (one with a shower). Wife connection was free for 30 minutes and then 6 euro for 12 hours.
Breakfast was reasonable -- fresh orange juice, carrot juice, grapefruit and apple. Selection of cheeses, a hot table with various omlette options, etc.

The hotel is located about a kilometer from the restaurants and shops in Bardolino and from the embankment of lake Garda. Bardolino has a beautiful embankment to have a walk or a run.

We asked the hotel to arrange transportation from Milan to the hotel, they forgot to do this, but then compensated us for the difference in price when we took taxis from Milan airport to the hotel.

On one occasion reception recommended us to go to a wine tasting place in Soave, we ended up driving for one hour to what appeared to be a simple cheap pizzeria. We wasted as a result two hours in the car and 220 euros! Be careful with what reception recommends and try to check where you are going.

We visited Gardaland with our kids -- the park is about 20 minutes drive in a taxi from the hotel. It has several attractions which were quite nice. One day seemed enough to visit the park with the kids.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Direzione_albergo, Direttore at Aqualux Hotel Spa Suite & Terme, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for your kind feedback and we are pleased to know that hotel services have been appreciated. I have been informed about troubles you experience but unfortunately it can happen that Jacuzzi systems stop to work.We have been able to find a solution in a while. Children under 16 years old are not allowed to use wellness area because we want to guarantee relaxing time to adults. Then it is not healthy for children to enjy saunas and Turkish baths…..
We thank you very much for choosing our hotel and we wish you a very pleasant summer time.
Francesco Cirillo – Direttore
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Aqualux is a quite new and modern styled hotel. We booked a so-called "aqua room", which means it is located towards the inner pool area and not to the outside street (the hotel is designed like a square.
The rooms are bright and the interior is really nice - also the bathroom. The bed is absolutely comfortable and the room has a well suited balcony.
The pools of the hotel offer space for both, families with small children and couples with different pools and relaxing whirlpools. We did not try the spa area, but it seems to be also really good.
The restaurants are okay/ good for a 4*hotel. We´ve once visited the a-la-carte restaurant and once the "full-board restaurant" for dinner - both not extraordinary, but really good, both service and quality of food. The waiters are really friendly and helpful - this applies to the complete crew.
The bar is okay, but it appears a little bit aseptic - what works in the rest of the hotel isn´t working here - we don´t feel comfortable, it was like have a drink in a train station.
There is a gym, which is equipped with modern and really good equipment - I was glad to be there alone to use a wide range of the machines. The opening hours could be made more convenient - they open quite late and close early.
One big plus is the parking area below the hotel and the possibility to reach your room easily via elevator - once you know where to go to. And this is really one of the points to be criticized: you get easily lost in this hotel. There are a lot of signs, but they are not logic at all - you need some time to get familiar with the directions - there is room for improvement.
Conclusion: really nice hotel with stylish design and an ambitious and friendly crew - worth the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
thank you for your kind feedback! Actually the hotel complex is big and you need few time in order to get used to its size. I’m very pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel and you spent a nice stay with us.
Looking forwadr to welcoming you again to Aqualux Hotel Spa Suite & Terme, I wish you a pleasant summer season.
Francesco Cirillo – Direttore
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

we came with a very big family children + 11 grand children -the breakfast was good .the dinner was terrible-not tasty to none of us and cold dishes -eveen the soup... so after 2 nights we went evey night to another restaurant in Bordalino -it was tasty wonderful food !!!

Stayed March 2013 Value

Room Tip: low floor nice patio -but noise from upstairs -connecting rooms great for families with children.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Direzione_albergo, Direttore at Aqualux Hotel Spa Suite & Terme, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your kind feedback about your stay with us and I’m pleased to note that you enjoyed our services even if I’m a little bit surprised about your comment regarding our half board restaurant. Actually I remember very well about you: our Restaurant Manager gave you his best assistance in order to meet your requests. The food quality of our half board restaurant is highly appreciate by our guests. Sometimes our Executive Chef might not be able to satisfy all the requests…. If you would like to come back and visit us I would suggest you to try our à la carte restaurant in order to taste different kind of food and poresentation.
In the meantime I thank you very much for choosing our hotel and I wish you a pleasant summer.
Kind regards.
Francesco Cirillo – General Manager

Been to Aqualux Hotel Spa Suite & Terme? Share your experiences!