“A special Tuscan experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa I Bossi

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arezzo
Villa I Bossi
You added Villa I Bossi to your Saves list
Loc. Gragnone 44-46, 52100 Arezzo, Italy   |
Ranked #51 of 97 Arezzo B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A special Tuscan experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The villa and gardens are gloriously romantic, totally unspoilt.

The family are very welcoming and allow you to enjoy their very special house. We always stay in the old house in rooms 1and 2. These rooms are very beautifully painted and furnished with 18th and17th century antiques, which is very special. If you enjoy wonderful old things this is the place for you. There is a fridge where you can help yourself to drinks in a family kitchen

The pools are lovely and have splendid views .

This is our third visit and we will return again, always a great pleasure to stay at Villa Bossi

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2
Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

It was like a dream when I arrived at Villa I Bossi. When you view the website you are so amazed by it and then you delve into the reality of it and somehow I felt like it was one of those dreams that came real.

For a first the beautiful entrance took my breath away, well maintained and clean. Welcomed by the lovely Clarissa who made such effort with us. I always find that English speaking people in foreign countries get a bit frowned upon, but not here. Much effort was made to talk, to ask about our holiday and to assist and recommend. One night we wondered around the house in awe, more nosing around and was offered a complimentary bottle of wine by their first son, Filippo who again was happy to talk to us. We ate in a court yard area lit with candles surrounded by stars and floaty curtains one night in their Restaurant. Again the family cooks and serves with friendly service. It's proper home cooking and I loved how mum and sisters did it all.

We did a home tour with Francesca, wife to Francesco Albergotti who explained in detail about the house and the amazing things in it. I wish I lived here, I wished I never had to leave! There is two bits to this B&B, the old part within the main house and then the more modern bit built just 100m away. Genius!!

This is not your normal B&B, this was like home and you are treated as such. It's not pretentious and not trying to be the typical B&B you would stay at and for that I fell in love.

The Pool was amazing, always clean, grass perfectly cut with a fridge with cold drinks (and beers and wine for the grown-ups) and fresh towels every day. It was never crowded as they have 2 pools. One large one and then up the hill a half moon one overlooking the amazing house and mountains. Plenty of tanning chairs and occupied one every day, all day! There is a hot tub too! There is a lovely sofa area overlooking the main pool which was perfect for an evening drink and wind-down. My children were left to roam about a huge garden with play area and maze, totally safe and played with the dogs who make this seem even more like home.

I loved it, I can't say how appalled I am to see bad reviews. Its easier to say bad things then good things and I truly hope the craze for good reviews will take flame.

I left quite sad, but this is certainly not the last time the Villa will welcome us. The warm welcome, the beautiful surroundings and friendly people made this the best holiday I have ever had.

I think of Villa I Bossi and get a warm feeling within my heart. Go! I'm already planning my next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Ok everyone. First review at Tripadvisor because i really don't want anybody to fall in the same trap.

We had a 135€ room in the annex building. Just for your reference.

I will list why you should go:
- if you like dog pooh and piss on the grass at the main pool
- if you like breakfast from plastic bags.
- if you like unfriendly staff
- if you like old and worn out mattrasses
- if you like staines and dust all over your room and on your towels
- if you have too much money and would like to spend it at a bad bad bad place

I will list as well why you shouldn't go:
- if you don't like dogs you shouldn't go

We had booked 3 nights but left first thing in the moring. Please, do yourself a favour: Just don't go there!!

• Stayed June 2013
fraArezzo, Proprietario at Villa I Bossi, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hopefully, never again
I was quite sure that Mr.Poor would write some a bad review about us and the villa.
I'm always sorry when our guests are not happy or disappointed, and of course is in their right to go away to complain and to explain why they did not like the villa.I know we can't meet everyones expectations as this is to the guests own tastes.
But I don't accept these kind of reviews, it's arrogant and rude and saying that the villa is a" trap" and then advise people not to spend their money and make a favor to themselves by avoiding us as were some kind of offenders, is really too much.
I would like to remind Mr. Poor that behind the scene, his holidays, his complains, his right to not enjoy the place, there is people who work. We can make mistakes as humans and maybe sometimes our dogs are a little bit too affectionate with the guests, but to write about us as rude profiters is not a to judge or the right to say it in such a way as he is not the savior of the unwary guests
If he does not like dogs he could ask if the place was dog welcoming
We refunded as a gesture of good will 65€. We don't consider our guests just clients and we always try to please them , and we are kind, polite and educated people and not fraudsters.
He sent several letters to my personal email, explaining how to work, how to manage this business, what I should do or not, ( I still don't know with which competences)threatening if we did not give him back money he would call the "autorithies". It felt like an hidden "blackmail", so I never responded to him directly and just sent him the money. The only reason for the refund was that I was terribly sorry he was unhappy.
We are not a terrible place, we are an home, a family, and we welcome our guests in the same manner.
And not terrible guests.
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We booked a suite of 70mq with saparete lounge and when we arrived there they gave us a standard room like 25mq where we supposed to sleep in 4 of us in there. the bad was a camp bad and we found few insects in the room. the staff was really arrogant and unfriendly..when we tryed to explain them that it wasn't what we booked. The worst thing it can happen to you is arrive at the hotel tired and have arrogant people to deal with. NEVER AGAIN!!
the breakfast was really poor quality.

Room Tip: Don' t choose a suite cause the suite are standard room of 25mq
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Charming and relaxin; homely atmosphere amongst guests and staff (mostly family members!)
What a pity that general cleanliness let it down. Ash trays never emptied in the week I was there (I'm a non-smoker) and evidence of the dogs' visits on paths around and about. But rooms and bathrooms cleaned immediately guests took breakfast. There is an air of romantic decay about the place ... but pools were excellent and very well attended to, cleaned each evening. A little more consistency would make all the difference.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed again for a few days with Lovely Francesca and her charming husband Francesco in Villa I Bossi. As before we felt we were staying with relatives rather than being guests at a hotel.
We always stay in room 1 in the old building, A trip back in time, so beautiful. The breakfast is totally sufficient but we like going to the shops and market and buy fruits and cheeses that we like . There is a fridge for the guests. Most lunches we cooked at the villa and ate by the pool.
The family could not be more generous and welcoming and Larissa , their daughter was always there with advice and help. She kindly changed many reservations that we had made at restaurants for us without any problems.
If you like to feel you are staying with wonderful relatives in a stunning setting, perhaps somewhere from a Fellini movie complete with eccentric dogs, this is heaven.
If you are looking for a hotel with room service and 24 hours receptionist and are prepared to pay 2 to 3 times as much, there are other places in the area to got to.
Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Totally blown away by beauty of surroundings. A very romantic, enjoyable and gastronomic stay! We stayed in one of the rooms in the new block and room was spacious and attractive, as was bathroom. Communal living room lovely too. Pools lovely, only criticism is that you cannot make the sun beds fully horizontal, but we may of course just not worked out how to do it! Also check out the osteria across the road, great food there and fab wine. Do ask Francesca the Marchessa for a tour of the villa, fascinating history!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Villa I Bossi? Share your experiences!