“Gay Friendly Jewel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Castello Val di Colle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arezzo
Castello Val di Colle
You added Castello Val di Colle to your Saves list
Localita Bagnoro 22, 52100 Arezzo, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Arezzo
“Gay Friendly Jewel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was a great trip. My girlfriend had a little girl’s week adventure post nuptials here. Being the token gay of the group I of course got to come along. First and foremost, I am always wary of traveling to lands unknown as a gay man, it can sometimes be absolutely torturous for me. That being said, I must make it known that this place is not only the most beautiful place in all of Tuscany, but the owners Giovanni and Renee were the kindest, most friendly, loving people on this planet. I felt instantly at home with them. It didn’t hurt any that they introduced their Vice President who I immediately knew was one of “us” and several friends that stopped by were of my social circle. I cannot tell you how at home I felt and how enchanted by this beautiful ancient castle. I’ve never seen anything like it and I am still in disbelief that I slept under the roof of a thousand year old castle. It’s like a dream come true. My favorite part was the mornings and evenings sitting on the main balcony with wine or a good cappuccino, which by the way I am now hooked on! The view when the sun comes up is like something out of an oil painting, and at night you can see the whole town down below in the valley. We could hear some church bells ringing and some people singing on one of the nights. It was like being transported back in time. I am so excited to share this place with friends, and to all the gay traveler’s out there, look no further……. Here you will find, romance, exceptional service, outstanding accommodations, exquisite cuisine, and beauty beyond explanation; all in one place that you can feel at home and accepted. I love this place and I love Giovanni and Renee, what amazing people. I will be back! (Maybe sooner than you think!)

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

What an amazing experience. Val di Colle is the exact type of property that I was looking for when planning our Italian adventure. We were lucky enough to score a pre-grand opening special. It was fantastic. Gorgeous grounds. I spent a whole day just wandering the property! We stayed in a room with a beautiful Juliet balcony that overlooked an ancient Roman road. So much history. Oh, and the main balcony in the property is the PERFECT spot for an early morning coffee or an evening glass of wine!

I was looking for an authentic experience and this hotel provided it. Florence is just an hour train ride. Arezzo is a quintessential Tuscan town with great little shops and restaurants. Highly recommend!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I almost didn’t go on this trip but boy am I glad I did! It was 8 of my best girlfriends and I. We were celebrating my friend’s wedding, kind of after the fact. We had a blast. The castle was unbelievable. I swear I think there are many spirits there from the past. I always had this overwhelming feeling like someone was beside me. I felt like I was falling in love and yet sadly didn’t have a significant other to share it with. Although I would have married the butcher’s son in a heartbeat! Yowsa! I got to stay in a beautiful room with a gold bed and these huge wood shutters that opened up over the gardens and the rolling hillside below. It was like a scene from under the Tuscan sun! The food was the best food I’ve ever eaten and the chef was so nice to us. He even came to sit and have coffee with us after dinner since we were the last ones in the restaurant. The owners are so nice and they were always around to answer questions about the place and help us take pictures. The manager Spencer is so sweet and cute and he was so good to all of us. We really felt like part of the family. If I find my Mr. Right I am definitely without a doubt getting married at Castello Valdicolle. It is like a dream come true. Two thumbs up from this girl!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Castello Val di Colle? Share your experiences!