“Magnifique !” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Hyderabad
“Magnifique !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had an amzing meal at this restaurant in Arezzo.... It's on the grand Piazza... Perfect location... Outstanding service..... And one of the best meals of my life !! It's one of the best memories I carry back from my trip to Italy.... The food and the presentation was impeccable. Not overly priced... I would've paid more for such an extra ordinary meal.

76% Recommend
Montreal, Canada
“Simply incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you are in or close to Arezzo, this is an absolute must! Already know wnd recognized by Trip Advisor it eas our first visit and we 10 days after we are still talking about it. Top and we mean top quality - food and service.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cashing-in on the location to charge a premium for very poorly cooked food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have spent many holidays in Italy, eating in some great places from Sicily to Como and many places in between. I have also had many business meetings in Italy with lunch over several years, so I've had good and bad experiences. Never though had I felt so let down and cheated out of a great experience, that eating in Italy normally is, as we were after eating here. After driving for 3 hours to reach Arezzo we were anticipating a great day, we did have a lovely day in Arezzo and was well worth the 6 hours of driving, but, this restaurant let the town down. We really love Italy, and its food that is so simple yet so tasty. To start with they forgot to bring our wine and had to be reordered after we had finished the starters. The Mozzarella in my starter was like a runny egg when I cut into it, and sour. My wife had a Bruschetta with soggy old tomatoes and blackened basil. I have attached a picture of the Lasgne I had as it was so bad I couldn't eat it or describe it. As I cut into it water oozed from it, the lasagne strips were so over cooked. There was no filling between most of the strips and only a few pieces of mince on the top. The whole thing was watery, tasteless and not seen an oven or grill. It was presented well and looked OK, as did my wife's dish of stuffed pasta parcels did, but was very bland. I did expect to pay a premium for being positioned where we were in the Piazza Grande, which was indicated on the menu as being 15% service charge and 2.5% per person. I don't mind paying for a great experience but not for a bad one. We didn't partake in deserts yet the waiter chose to place a tray of pastries on the table that had been out in the open all day, we didn't dare try them.
Overal then pretty poor, a real shame as it is is such a great position, unfortunately the chef was either off this day or just isn't Italian! Needless to say I would go again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Very good place on the Grande Piazza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This is the 5th time we're coming back including our pre-wedding dinner where they prepared an amazing evening... The service is very good and the food exquisite. The view is to die for !!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Lovely setting, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First of all, this boasts some of the loveliest table settings I have seen in Italy. It is very romantic with it's organdy table runners, crystal chargers, bread sticks bundled in ribbon and complimentary hors d'oeuvres (which are delicious). We enjoyed lunch so much, we went back another day for dinner. Quality of the food was matched by the quality of the service, which was exemplary. All this in a romantic setting, complimentary proseco, cookies after dinner when you're too stuffed for a heavy dessert. When in Arezzo, this is a "must stop" for us.

• Visited July 2013