“Best Hotel experience in Piedmont” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Langhe
Strada Profonda 21, 12051 Alba, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Alba
London
“Best Hotel experience in Piedmont”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Spent a night here as part of an organised self guided cycle trip. The hotel, while not impressive from the outside, had been newly decorated on the inside with a very comfortable room with some fascinating furniture.

The Manager was incredibly helpful with regards to restaurant and Gelato suggestions.

The only negative point is that the hotel is quite a walk from the city centre (<8mins by bike though)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Greeted with a glass of Fontana Fredda from magnum, the manager was an endless resource for restaurant suggestions, some of which made the whole tip (La Coccinella in particular). The room was everything we needed and more luxuriant than the website would suggest, the breakfast is still memorable and the bathroom products I can safely say are the only hotel products I have ever wanted to buy more of (though I wouldn't know where to find them). Probably is best to have a car if you're staying here, a five minute drive from the centre of Alba, but a car is essential to seeing the wineries in any case. A pretty perfect stay (and I am a painfully demanding guest :)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Venice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

I have just come back from an exciting trip to the Piedmont region and I am still thinking about the wonderful time I enjoyed during the first part of this journey at Hotel Langhe in Alba: this hotel has been highly recommended by a dear friend of mine, the famous photographer Guido Harari, who praised the excellent location and the great value in the light of the personalized service the staff genuinely offers.

I travelled by car and the hotel was not difficult to find at all: before my arrival I had a phone conversation and a mail exchange with Monica, who provided me with a useful detailed map in order to realize the exact location. The hotel is located few minutes by car from the the downtown of Alba, which can be easily reach even by a nice walk, and this render the position of the hotel itself "strategic" in terms of access and quietness.

The welcome could not be warmer: once I crossed the treshold of this little gem I met Francesca, a charming and kind lady who offered me a glass of Arneis wine as a welcome drink , waiting to go up to my room. What I really appreciated was having a member of the staff accompanying me personally upstairs in order to show me the room's layout and to illustrate its facilities.

The double room for single use they assigned to me was nicely decorated and well-furnished with most modern comforts: private bathroom, terrace, TV-color, telephone, safe, heating-system.. For those who are interested, the staff offers beside other things efficient laundry service and room service, accurately explained in the welcome paper upon the desk.

The breakfast was rather rich, including delicious croissants and and interesting selection of fruit, marmelade, local cheese and other delicacies: an ideal way indeed to start the day!

In my opinion, the best peculiarities this hotel offers are the kindness and the professionalism the staff grants to each of its guests: after I met Francesca, on the following days I had the pleasure to make the acquaintance of Nico, the amiable owner, with whom I enjoyed nice conversations about the tourism business and the life in the Langhe's area; Monica, pleasant and professional, who promptly assisted me anytime I needed help and information; Simona, lovely and funny, who served the breakfast always with a smile on her face.

On the day of my departure I was greeted by Monica with a nice present, a little box with one the finest nougats from the Langhe's region.

I must admit that it is rather difficult to express with adequate words the pleasure I had in staying at this property, and I feel that the only way to enjoy Hotel Langhe is testing it personally by your own: you will not be disappointed at all and I am sure you will enjoy, like I did, the most wonderful experience!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
okanagan valley b.c.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Super friendly, stylish little hotel in Alba. Great staff, nice rooms on the edge of a Alba.Nice common area for enjoying breakfast or a glass of wine in the afternoon.
Short walk (15-20 minutes) or taxi to town centre only negative if you are not renting car. Alba has very pretty town centre with good restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

An owner who really cares. Modern, clean rooms.
Would certainly recommend and I would return.
Minor niggle-horrible pillows but the owner says he is working on that!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

My partner and I really enjoyed our recent stay at the Langhe. We had a car, so it was perfectly located just a 3 minute drive into the town center. The setting is very peaceful and the owner and staff were just lovely. The room was very comfortable and very attractively decorated.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Cheshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

Perfectly adequate hotel with very friendly, attentive staff. Only drawback was position on the edge of town and to go into the center each night cost 10euros each way by cab.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Langhe? Share your experiences!