We had originally booked at Colleverde hotel but on arrival, we were told that there was no electricity and that we would have to move to another hotel. We were not given a choice, we were told to go to Hotel Della Valle.
When we arrived, the staff at the reception desk seem to have a don't care attitude and we were given the keys to our room. When we entered the room, we realised that it was definitely not worth what we had paid for: really old room with old furniture.
I sat on the bed for a few minutes and then we went down to the swimming pool. When we arrived at the pool, we were told we had to buy a swimming cap otherwise we could not swim.
I looked down at my legs and saw a few bites, which were definitely not mosquito bites. A work colleague of mine had had bed bugs in her house a few months earlier and I had seen the same bites on her. I then remembered seating on the bed. We went up to the room and checked the sheets. I found small spots of blood in the sheets which are a sign of bed bugs.
I hurried out of the room as quickly as I could and went to reception. The girl at reception said she did not know what bed bugs are (in a hotel, you're kidding? don't they fumigate?), she gave me the keys to another room which looked as bad as the first one. We went back to reception and I told her that I refused to stay there. I went back to Colleverde and requested my money back. The receptionist said she could not refund the money but sent us to another hotel which, this time, was very very nice. I would never stay at Hotel Della Valle or Colleverde Hotel. keep away from these two places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming four-star hotel, the Hotel della Valle offers its guests all the benefits of being at the center of everything. Located in a quiet and elevated position, close to the historic center of Agrigento, the Valley of the Temples, and the clear blue sea and coastline. The hotel offers its customers a perfect combination of panoramic views of the Valley of the Temples and easy access to major places of interest thanks to its proximity to main roads. In addition to basic services - Reception 24 hours a day, fast Check-in and Check-out, and Luggage Storage - Hotel della Valle offers its guests a number of useful services on request: laundry and ironing services, breakfast in your room, Internet WI-FI, Fax / Copier, newspapers, 1 extra bed or cot, baby sitter.Completing the range of services on request you may wish to: enjoy spa treatments in the hotel Wellness Center, take advantage of shuttle bus services to a private beach with sun umbrellas and sun beds, join guided excursions, make use of a convenient connecting service directly to Catania, Palermo and Trapani airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel della Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Della Valle Agrigento
- Jolly Della Valle Hotel
- Hotel Della Valle Agrigento, Sicily, Italy