“Confusing but fun” 4 of 5 stars

Piazza Cavour, 19 | Viale della Vittoria, 92100 Agrigento, Sicily, Italy
0922 28289/348 5481497
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 179 Restaurants in Agrigento
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Cornwall
“Confusing but fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is certainly an unusual gem of a place. The menu did confuse us as it really was not obvious what dishes were antipasto/primi/secondi because it was separated into quirky little sections. Once we had kind of got it, we were OK though. They were very nice about our wine as the one we ordered they did not have and they recommended a sauvignon blanc which we really did not like at all. We decided just to put it down to experience and order a different bottle, and the very nice owner said he would drink the sauvignon himself and not charge us. Very sweet of him! The lobster I had was very good. Our panna cotta never arrived but I think out Italian wasn't very good and maybe they didn't realise we had ordered it? They had a large birthday party in at the time and were very busy. We didn't have the best night, but I think it is a great place and would recommend. Obviously very popular with the locals and tourists alike.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This family owned establishment was a delight. I was warmly welcomed by the wife of the owner who took care to ensure that I had everything I needed and who added her own personal concern with sincerity. The food was sublime. Absolutely amazing. This restaurant should definietly have a Michelin rating.

Visited February 2013
“AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Last summer while in Agrigento and getting lost we stumbled into this empty restaurant with an older gentleman inside reading a book. It was nearly 3 pm and we were in need of food. "Are you open?" we asked. Between his English and our Italian we took a table outside and ordered. Little did we know what we had stumbled into. I had a linguine dish with cheese and ground pistacios on top.......OMG. This was the best of our 3 week stay in Italy. What a great way to serve pasta without marinara sauce. Now I must say I am sort of a pistacio nut myself and later found out that all Sicily used this in every way possible. My partner had a wine drenched linguine(purple in color) that was great. This is a small of the beaten track bistro......family run. Worth every penny.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Balzan, Malta
“If only all restaurants were like this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

This must be one of the best restaurants I visited in the area, itself being very romantic and cosy. The owners are very nice and welcoming. The food is presented in a very professional way and is cooked to perfection. It is not the cheapest restaurant BUT it defintely gives any food lover his money's worth. Even the simple brushetta is a form of art. I defintely recommend anyone to pay a visit..... Sicilian food at its best!

London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Delicious food and a lovely warm atmosphere. A most gracioius host. We got stuck there in the rain and the owner gave us a lift home!! Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012