“Ligth and easy” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 147 restaurants in Agrigento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Solrød Strand, Danmark
“Ligth and easy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Placed on the Piazza just beside the fish shop we found this good place to eat. We just needed a 1 course dinner and was not disappointed. I was good and local.

Visited July 2013

84% Recommend
  • Greek first
Waterloo, Canada
“Pistachio Couscous! Yes Please!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We came to this restaurant based solely on the TP reviews and the fact that it had pistachio couscous for dessert! I have never had this before, so we came here just for this.
I'm so glad we did - because it was one of the most interesting and delicious desserts I've had - I would definitely recommend it. It even comes with ice cream on top!
The remainder of our meal was also good. We had the sicilian specialty roll, which was thin lamb filled with cheese, and it was delicious. We also had a pasta dish which I don't recall the name of, but I do remember that it was done properly al dente.
The restaurant is in a small cove at the end of the main walking street of Agrigento, and it nearby is a lookout to the Agrigento Temples. The service was good and efficient. They seem to only have seating outside, so a reservation may be wise, although, we didn't have one, just got lucky a table opened up just when we got there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

some dishes were OK, some where definitely not OK.
I think they should study the recipe of "sole meunière". Their interpretation was doing no justice to the fresh sole they let swim in a drap mixture of an unspecified concotion.
The outside seating was our choice, the setting against a paintblistering windowblind was not adding to the overall look.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Asuncion, Paraguay
“Nothing memorable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We ended up here while looking for a decent restaurant in Agrigento, a hard task in itself. The service welcomed us appropriately but was definitely not on the quick side. We had two starters - one decent, one not very good but edible - and two main courses, one of which went back to were it came from: a grilled swordfish which was very thin, overcooked and dry.
Overpriced for what you get, I would suggest avoiding it altogether.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Try this osteria!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I visited Agrigento on a day away, leaving our small son with his grandmother for some precious alone time. My husband chose this restaurant based on the Trip Advisor reviews and he didn't dissappoint me!

The atmosphere is sophisticated and modern without being tacky or trendy or overdone, and I appreciated all the details in the place: the curved walls and archways, the mirror in the bathroom that was mounted on an old, re-finished door.

Our waitress was helpful and didn't mind explaining what the different dishes were. She was proud of her city and her region and its traditions, as are all Sicilians!!! When it comes to food at least, this is a good thing.

We enjoyed our food quite a lot. We had two antipasti. Mine was a whole, stuffed calamari on a bed of tomato sauce, very good, and my husband had an eggplant dish with a piece of smoked swordfish on top, equally good. Then we had two pasta dishes and I ordered a mixed salad. The salad, for something that can be an extremely poorly done dish in Sicily *once I ordered a salad and received something like 4 small pieces of browning iceberg lettuce on a small dessert plate* was AMAZING. I don't know if it was the combination of different lettuces, or the freshness of it and the great oil, but I haven't enjoyed a salad as much since!!! That said, I'm a recovering former vegetarian, and old habits die hard!

For dessert my husband had a very interesting pistacchio couscous, which I stole by the spoonful, and I had the local ice cream specialty which was cut into a piece. In reality the ice cream was kind of like a semi freddo. Both desserts were delicious. We were not rushed out of the place at the end of our meal, on the contrary, we were left quite alone really, which we like.

We both had a relaxing, tasty meal and I wouldn't hesitate to return should we ever find ourselves in Agrigento again. I believe the atmosphere would have been quite different had we found it crowded, as may often be the case in the evening, so we were lucky to have gone at the perfect time, for a beautiful lunch.

• Visited May 2013