“A very convenient location with good value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Lyon Airport

You added NH Lyon Airport to your Saves list
NH Lyon Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   915 Rue d'Espagne | Lyon Saint-Exupery Airport, 69125 Colombier-Saugnieu, France   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
5% EXTRA DISCOUNT
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ohio
“A very convenient location with good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

A very convenient location with good value. The hotel is located just outside Terminal 1 at Lyon Saint Exupery Airport. The Rhone Express train into Lyon is a five to seven minute walk from the front door. The hotel was clean, well appointed with a good set of amenities. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Free WIFI is available to the entire hotel and as easy to use as entering a User ID and a Password into your browser. Breakfast Buffet, Restaurant and a Bar are available. The only issue I had was a handheld shower that was not working properly. I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at the hotel, just for the night, as most people probably would. We checked in quickly and went to our room, which was not bad. We tried to connect to the internet with the password provided at reception. We could not access the internet and the receptionist found nothing better but to tell me to talk to the Internet provider directly. I do not expect to pay for a service and then have to speak to Internet providers about the poor connectivity at a hotel...
If I were to have an early flight again from Lyon airport, I will ensure I stay in a different hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well, the value for its price was incredible for us - Lufthansa cancelled our flight due to weather conditions and provided the hotel for free to spend a night before early departure, including free spa, dinner and breakfast, and wi-fi. Besides, hotel's location - 50 meters from the terminal 1 of Lyon Saint Éxupéry airport was very welcomed by us, because no one would happy making longer transfers with out luggage.
We were tired enough travelling from the early morning that day, so spa became a nice surprise, even taking into account colder than necessary sauna and hamam.
The dinner and breakfast were perfect, we could rather complain of some overeating with that buffet. The restaurant opened at 5 so we had enough time to stoke up before early departure.
Free wi-fi facility satisfied the net-surfers, in spite of limited speed.
The rooms and bathrooms were very clean, the rooms are equipped with a kettle and tea/coffee bags for free.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Saint-Etienne, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I decided to sleep at this hotel by Lyon airport for a mater of precaution, because I have an early flight to catch and because of the snow on the roads in this part of France. The service is really average. The restaurant offers good quality food and that is it. As for the rest, something is missing. When I arrived I had no soap in the bathroom, I had to ask reception and its delivery took a while. In my room there was no place to put my suitcase so I had to put it on the floor. For room service I could not order a coffe jar, just a cup, so if I wanted more coffe I should order another one later, and so on. I suggest you sleep here just in case you have no other choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was on my way back from a business trip and stayed at NH Lyon before leaving. As others have stated, the location is vey good for business travelers. The restaurant food and service were very good, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. What I found odd was it was a struggle to do basic things in the room.
The TV would not turn on with the remote. When I called the front desk, they said I has to power the TV on the set every time then use the remote. Hello, this not motel 6!! It seemed their whole effort was to get you to conserve at the cost of your convenience. I had to get up from bed several times during the night to turn the TV on ( has trouble sleeping). The next morning, I could not turn on the shower because they had some strange faucet I could not operate. (I work for a technology company in case you were wondering,). I finally gave up and took a very uncomfortable and quick bath instead. Also all the lights in hallways turn off when movement is not detected. That means they are pitch dark when you first walk into a floor.
As I said, this hotel has A lot of good features but the rooms are not customer friendly. Priority is given to energy saving.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Perfect location for a 7.30 am flight. Worth paying the premium for location as the 1st airport tram in the morning would have cut it too fine for my liking, and a taxi would have cost a fair bit I imagine. Nicest NH hotel I've stayed in. Big downside is the price of food and drinks. Aimed at the business travel no doubt who would expense a 9 euro pint of beer. Unfortunately we arrived after the food shops at the airport closed at 9pm. Out of principle would not pay the rather heafty meal prices at the hotel, so dinner consisted of 2 lion bars, a coke, and a packet of chips/crips.

very nice hotel otherwise, and very friendly and efficient service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Helmond, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was visiting the Eurexpo in Lyon and had to stay someplace convenient wrt airport and the Eurexpo. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel and the convenient access possibilities to Lyon. There is a great train connection to the city from the airport which runs frequently. If I ever have to be for around for business again, this is my place. And also for private city trips, I will keep this good hotel in mind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to NH Lyon Airport? Share your experiences!