“Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Abano Terme
Italy
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is a nice hotel, at least our room. We were given a brand new room no. 430 which was excellent. The reception was very efficient and kind. We traveled with a 2 yo and a 5 yo the staff was very nice and helped us in every way possible. The dinner was perfect (Federico was our waiter) he is the best I have seen in 15 years living in Italy (no joke). The pools were perfect and with children it is also ok. I suggest that if you do bring kids don't let them run around as if it was a public neighborhood pool this is an exclusive place that accepts children but use common sense (no diving yelling etc...). The location is nice for a quick walk through town and is worth the extra cost of the room compared to other hotels outside of the city center. the only 'gripe' I have was it was way too hot in the rooms and a coffee/tea pot in the room would be nice (with a bottle of water). I realize that the hotel is sitting on natural hot springs but still it was unbearable without windows open (in March). If you want a weekend away and want clean and nice staff I would recommend this place. It's a 4.5 star hotel note Italian star system is left to interpretation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

One week stay in this hotel. 1.THe food is delicious, the service at the restaurant 6 star!
2. The rooms are normal not 5 star but 4 star
. 3. THe madam at spa reception was terrible. We bought a programme beforehand and she made a time table NOT ASKING OUR WISHES. THen when we tried to change the time for one massage , during that concersation she got a telephone call and said to somebody in Italian oh these people make me crazy and give me headache!!! NOT KNOWING THAT WE UNDERSTAND ITALIAN)).so cients who pay are not people to welcome and make them comfartable but we gave her headache by asking to transfer a single massage).
4.Spa?? if you feel comfortable in very very hot water then it is for you!
they have aquagim training in the same termal water, so elder people with heart problems were leaving the training breathing heavily.... and NOBODY INFORMED you that in that temperature you can be only for 5- max 10 minutes. it is termal water and not water for having pleasure for hours.
5 THey add terrible amount of chloride in this termal water. My bathins suit still smells of chloride after 3 washings.
6. The people who doed massages are different. If they are in good mood you will receive a good massage.
NEVER GO THERE AGAIN

Room Tip: if the windows go to the street it will be noisy. ask for rooms with windows to the swimming pool.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I spent 3 nights at Bristol Buja hotel with my boyfriend and it was truly an amazing experience. The spa is absolutely stunning. I loved the steam room!
The pool was clean, spacious and full of very entertaining facilities such as Jacuzzi beds in the outer part and whatnot.
The food was also very nice and I was told that the cook likes experimenting a lot. It did transpire actually that this hotel employs a truly exceptional cook.
We were in a suite which was very nicely decorated and the cleaning service was impeccable.
The Front Desk people were very polite and friendly, as were the whole staff. For example, I asked for a Bellini in the bar and the bartender actually made me one from real peach juice and prosecco.
We enjoyed our stay there and we consider going back to Bristol Buja next year.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

My husband and I recently returned from spending 3 weeks in Italy. Our trip was amazing EXCEPT for our 2 night stay at this hotel. The Front Desk Staff were RUDE and IMPATIENT! Very UNFRIENDLY. They even charged us for a Wake Up Call. Although it was minimal, I have traveled enough to Italy to know that I have never been charged for this service. Was also charged for WiFi. The lobby was warm and comfortable, but the "no frills" room was dated and the pillows on the bed were uncomfortable.
Breakfast was good, but dinner in their restaurant was mediocre at best. The one good thing about this hotel was that parking was included.
Would definitely stay clear of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
ginobuja, Proprietario at Hotel Bristol Buja, responded to this review, November 25, 2010
Dear Sir,
Unfortunately, reading your review I think that the big discount applied was not enough (you paid only 68.00 Euros for the Half Board) for you, owner of a tour operator!
What I can not accept are your false statements. Nobody pays for the wake up call!!!
Gino Buja
Lac Léman, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I accompanied my elderly parents to Abano for a wellness week. I was quite sceptical because I was sure I would bore myself in a senior hotel in a senior town. Well, what a surprise to find out that the hotel was attended by middle-aged people – some with children or teenagers – and the hotel atmosphere was not at all stiff (apart from being expected to wear a jacket in the evening at the dinner table, yet not compulsory but sort of “advised” by the hotel management). I ended up enjoying the two beautiful outdoors thermal-water swimming-pools and the related treatments. In fact, not only fango is offered as a therapy but also plenty of other “beauty-farm” treatments in a lovely spa located in the hotel itself.
You should not miss a sightseeing visit to Padova, 10 kms away from Abano, taxi € 30 one-way, 20-minute-drive. City buses are also available but take obviously more time (bus stop right outside the hotel).
One good thing : the hotel is located 50 meters away from the pedestrian zone, a real plus !
Finally, a hotel not to be missed if you want to take advantage of the precious wellness property of the fango (the hotel spring is located behind the hotel itself and you can visit it).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

I stayed here for 1 week because of work. It is advertising as a 5 star hotel, but I don't think it is worth it. Mainly because of the room.
The rest of the accommodation looks great and is great; the lobby, restaurant and therme pools all have the grandeur of a 5 star.
As I wrote the room makes me downgrade this hotel to only 3,5 star. Why?
1. The first night I opened the sheets and I saw a big black bug running around. After getting rid (..) of it I had to check first to see if there were not more. Not a nice first night.
2. I expected to have body lotion available in the bathroom, specially in a 5 star hotel with a spa. This spa has thermal water, but it dries out your skin. So some revitalising bodylotion would have been welcome.
Also the soap is still the hardware stuff, not liquid.
3. Coming home it turned out that my skin reacted heavily on the thermal water and maybe also on the washing powder used for the sheets. I was covered in red goosebumps.

Plus point is the restaurant, breakfast and the rest of the hotel, which show a great grandeur.

• Liked — restaurant
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
st andrews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2007

The hotel bristol buja situated in the heart of the town centre, the shops and bars are steps away. I have really enjoyed all of my several stays at the hotel. Its rescent reefurbishment has made the hotel even lovelier. The pools and the spa facilities are really impressive. The staff are very professional and efficient, the hotel is family run and you really feel the friendly atmosphere, as the owner and his sons are always available and very helpful. The restaurant staff are incredibly efficient and the service is very prompt. This place is ideal for people trying to control their food intake. The daily menu is good and very healthhy. This is an excellent place to loose weight, as a diet can be taylor made for you to loose weight. I would really recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great spa experience.

• Liked — Friendly and luxurious
  • Disliked — room decor is dated
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Bristol Buja? Share your experiences!