It's not easy to find renovated and mordern hotel in Abano Terme. Most of the hotels there offer old-fashioned luxury, with very old furniture and too stuffy service. Mioni Pezzato offers luxury accoumodation in stylish and freshly renovated property with excellent service (but not too stuffy). I stayed at Mioni two times this summer and I think that this property is a really great one.
What I liked:
- Rooms at the hotel are for any taste, from conservative and classic to mordern and stylish, from simple and small to huge and luxury. You can find almost any style there.
- Elegance rooms are my favorite. There is a type of Elegance room with a garden view , with a huge balcony (e.g. sunbed and parasol), kingsize bed (too hard by my taste), carpet floor, sofa, flat TV and garderobe room, but with a small, quite old bathroom. Another type of Elegance room is very mordern and new, it has a view to hotel entrance, light parquet floor, flat TV, twin beds staying together (very comfortable and not hard at all!), nice but smaller balcony and huge mordern bathroom.
- Hotel has 5 thermal pools. All of them are very modern, with a heating (+32-35, depends on the pool). One of the pools is adult only. There is also a pool with chromo therapy lighted by green and red colors (indoor pool California). Pools are open until 23:00 and if you need them for later, you can ask night attendant at reception for that.
- I never had a problem to find a sunbed with umbrella, there were plenty of them, even during weekends.
- Employees at reception are very friendly, speak good English and always ready to help.
- Reservation office works very efficient. Ones i made reservation in person and another time i made it by phone (thanks to Chiara and Mario, it was very quick and simple!) Confirmation was sent me by e-mail. In my first visit I even got a room 4 hours before official check-in time. Any of me e-mails was answered by Mario promptly and he consulted me in everything i asked and kindly ordered a taxi from airport for me.
- When i decided to change a room upon arrival, it was done immediately and without any issues.
- Hotel is very clean and housekeeping never bothered me.
- Food in hotel is amazing for lunch and dinner, with a nice selection of seafood, meat and veggies dishes. There are always a large selection of fruits. It's mo cost effective to take FB, because the difference between HB and FB is only 10 EUR (and there is not many places in Abano which are opened for lunch).
- SPA menu is very impressive and there are always some promotions. The positive fact that SPA has an estetic mud treatments (and not only medical). Mud treatmens are till 12:00 which is great if you like to sleep in the morning.
- Fresh apples and water are available during a day on the way to pools
- Different age of guests - from 20 till 80, a lot of middle aged guests (30-45 y/o) and young couples (not only retired people like in most of hotels in Abano), not too many kids. Guests are mostly Italians and Frenches. I've also seen some Germans, a few Russians and a couple of Brits.
Now, what i didn't like:
- Hotel website is awful, it's not enough informative and gives wrong opinion about the hotel. Design of the website is absolutely old fashion, so before i came to the hotel i was sure that the hotel is old fashion too.
- There is no secured way to make a booking at the hotel website (only an option to send a request for booking). It's a real shame for this level fo hotel.
- Internet is not free (though 5 EUR for 25 hours is not that expensive, but i believe nowdays Internel must be free of charge in hotels). No cable internet in rooms, only wifi. Internet connection is good but unstable somtimes (but i guess it's a problem in all Abano)
- Breakfast was ordinary, without freshly squized juice. Also there is a small selection of fruits and impossible to order pancakes, waffles or oatmeal. One day most of the glasses and some spoons were not well washed (it was visible!), and i've got sick with stomack infection that day.
- If you would like to have a lunch outside in the garden, you need to pay extra 8 EUR. I believe the choice where to have lunch - in the hotel's resporant inside or outside must be included to FB.
- Mini bar offers only water, beer and coke (no chips or spirits). It's not included to the room rate (which is ok), but there is no price list as well, so guests may decided it's included.
- Standard classic rooms are not renovated and look very old.
- I would suggest to add fluffy blankets like at Elegance/Suite to all types rooms.
- It's cheaper to rent a car. Taxi from airport is expensive and costs 75 EUR in day time and 95 EUR in late evening/night (one way).
- Most of the places are closed for lunch, don't forget about it.
- If you chose HB you can use it for lunches (but during all stay only) instead of dinners, and dine outside.
- If you book BB, it's written at the hotel brochure that hotel will extra charge you for the pool use (though I don't know how much).
- If you miss your lunch/dinner at hotel, you will not get money back for the missed meal
- It's recommended to book a restaurant in the evening if you decide to dine outside of the hotel. There are many nice places in the hills and near Abano/Montegrotto.
In addition, I definitely will come again and highly recommend this hotel!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.