“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

What a brilliant pub, the staff couldn't have done more for us and the food was fantastic. There was a range of age groups in our party and we all left satisfied having enjoyed the meal and the setting. The kids loved being able to feed the pigs and the adults enjoyed the wine and real ale, particularly the house ale, Rusty Gun. We were looked after brilliantly and fed very well. Top marks, looking forward to our next visit

Visited May 2013

“Lovely lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I visited the Rusty Gun following a friend's recommendation. The waitress who served us was very friendly and the food was delicious! We both had steak which was cooked perfectly.

We eat out a lot and will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

A nice welcome as we arrived, then promptly shown to our table which we had booked a bit of a wait to be served with a drink! The staff were friendly and polite, now to the food, delicious we had roast beef which was served as I like it red, they soon sorted it out to be well done for my husband the veg was fresh and potatoes crispy, I had the summer fruit pud, very tasty, I'm glad we stumbled across the rusty gun we will return.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hertfordshire
“You really couldn't make it up!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We are regular visitors to this restaurant and have put some really glowing reviews on here in the past. However we went there to celebrate my Birthday with 10 people last night and it was a disaster from start to finish and beyond...

On the menu, it 'suggests' you have a cocktail whilst waiting for your meal, so we ordered 10 Mojitos. Instead of making them all, adding ice and bringing them all out at once, they didn't mash the mint / lime and sugar together as you should, but just made a drink with Mohito ingredients and brought them out in small numbers over a half hour period, making them up in between other bar orders.

One of the starters was missed off of the order, although it was clearly ordered and he ate alone, because the rest of us had Scallops and didn't want them to ruin. (bad mistake)

At the end of the evening, I picked up the bill, thought it was a little on the high side but didn't want to make a fuss in front of my friends as it was my treat so paid it. When we got home and checked the bill, they had overcharged us £400 on two bottles of wine plus 10% service charge.

This morning my daughter and her boyfriend have been projectile vomiting for 6 hours and are currently talking to the 111 number about whether they need to go into hospital.

To be balanced in the review, they have now refunded the overcharge and couldn't be more apologetic. However you cannot get an evening of your life back, and we have two very sick people in the house.

We have handed our VIP membership cards back to the manager, and will certainly never be going to what was once one of out favourite restaurants again.

Poison me once, shame on you, poison me twice, shame on me.....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Good food in a place with lots of character”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

A cosy place with lots of character. Thd food is good and original. A very good choice for a lovely diner with your partner or friends.

• Visited January 2013