“I disagree with previous reviews” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 40 Restaurants in Ota
Cuisines: French
Ajaccio, France
“I disagree with previous reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here 2 days ago and we liked it. First, the setting is great: right on the rocks of the old port, under the genoese tower. Second, the food was overall good. Perhaps nothing extraordinary, nor unforgivable but generally tasty and nicely presented (I had charcuterie, calamari and chestnut mousse and my wife had a very large tartare of salmon and duck). The service was friendly and the bill, all in all, correct.

Visited August 2012

Doha, Qatar
“Dont Go to Le Soleil Couchant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I spent a 3 week walking holiday in Corsica and therefore we had the pleasure of eating in many restuarants. The charcuterie was a particular favourite of ours. Therefore, when we were choosing our dinner venue in Porto-Ota, the menu here looked very appetising and scenery very picturesque. Imagine our surprise when my husband who had ordered a salad found it contained cheap packet ham from a supermarket. It was the same for the calsone pizza I had ordered. Apart from not being cooked properly inside, it didnt contain the onions I had asked for and again it had cheap ham and tinned mushrooms...and the service is not that great either. I could mention other things, but these were our main gripes. This restuarant cashes in on the fact that the view is pretty, but food, service and value for money was absolute rubbish!! Go somewhere else!

• Visited July 2012