“Luxury in Normandy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Manoirs de Tourgeville

You added Les Manoirs de Tourgeville to your Saves list
Les Manoirs de Tourgeville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chemin de l'Orgueuil, 14800 Tourgeville, Deauville, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tourgeville
New York, United States
“Luxury in Normandy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This spa resort is lovely. The rooms are spacious, clean, and well appointed. The staff is friendly and helpful; and the pool and grounds are really nice. We will definitely return - hopefully in summer when we will be able to use the private terrace as well as the grounds.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Having driven through France on what was the busiest travel day of the year, I spent 2 hours trying to find a hotel - yes, they were all fully booked. Finally, a hotel in Deauville phoned through to 'Les Manoirs' for me and said they had a room. At gone 11pm I would have settled for anywhere but asked them to reserve the room for me. It cost Euros 260:00.

I then arrived 10 minutes later and could not quite believe what I was seeing. The reception man led me to my 'room' - which was the lower floor of one quarter of a traditional French circular building set in the grounds. It was actually more like a small flat, with bedroom, bathroom (wet room inside), seperate WC and sitting room, which was complete with sofa, chairs, coffee table etc.

At that time of night I was not interested on exploring any further, but what I had was quite brilliant. Everywhere was clean, very well looked after and very well maintained. There were even two massive flatscreen TV's in my accomodation. I managed to get free wifi access on my iPad, whether I was entitled to I don't know!

The following morning having had a restful night, I ventured into the dining room for breakfast. The breakfast was way above average for a French hotel buffet style - it had the usual cold meats, cheeses, pastries, breads etc, as well as hot scrambled egg and bacon - all served in a well presented dining area. Best of all was that fresh smoked salmon was also on the platter. I was tempted to take some away for lunch but thought better of it.

However, there has to be a negative point as well, as nothing is perfect. From walking into my room, I was troubled by three flies who either wanted to eat or befriend me. No matter where I went, they followed, and when I tried to set them free by opening a door into my private garden (yes, each room in my buiiding has it's own garden!) it was joined by a mate. This is probably something that could be sorted quite easily.

Having stumbled across this hotel quite by accident and whilst desperate, I was pleased I had. It has what I felt was a 'country club' feel to it - in the car parks were Jaguars, BMW's, even a Maserati. I say this to give a feel of the kind of clientelle.

I would definately go back here if I am in this area of France again.

Room Tip: Not enough information known to make a helpful point here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family and stayed for a long weekend in Les Manoirs. It was the perfect stay. Calm, quality environment, friendly/helpful staff and excellent food. The kids loved the swimming pool and the whole place was just what we needed. I think this is the first 5 star rating I have given on Tripadvisor, so that says it all really!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We booked this vacation for some rest following a major relocation. We enjoyed the peaceful and beautiful surroundings in the countryside yet close to the Deauville coast. We had the best of both worlds....quiet relaxation and a resort town 10 minutes away. The staff were helpful, well educated and very accommodating, very nice. The rooms were big with a livingroom and bathroom and shower downstairs and the huge bedroom upstairs. Clean and well kept.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for only one night during February half term. After a morning spent in Honfleur (pretty and quaint but must get so busy on high days and holidays that it must be unpleasant) and then driving through the coastal resorts, through Deauville (has seen better days and is slightly faded nowadays but must have been very grand in its hayday) and Cabourg, which seemed lovely but busy too.

Driving away from the coast was refreshing and the situation of this hotel is just perfect. We ate in the bar which was great for our 5 year old and we didnt have to wait until 7.30pm to eat, always an issue, especially in rural France. The suite was fab - large and spacious. We awoke to a beautiful crisp, frost morning with a low lying haze across the fields - magical. The pool was great with towels and changing facilities. Would definitely recommend and would like to return.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Like another reviewer, this was a last minute booking, based on a desire to go to France for a few days at Easter to stay in a nice hotel with an indoor pool. Having stayed at Les Maniors for three nights I can say that it is a wonderful hotel and that the hotel's web site doesn't do it full justice.

We had a "Suite Manoir Communicante" which is perfect for a family - with a lounge, bathroom, toilet, double bedroom and outdoor courtyard downstairs and a bathroom, toilet and another double bedroom upstairs. The beds are wonderfully comfortable, the linens were great quality and everything was finished off to a very high standard.

The swimming pool provided us with some activity between our daytime trips and our dinners in the evening. The restaurant is very good, with a very good choice for the buffet breakfast (hot and cold items) and some very creative cooking in the evening on the a la carte menu and the set menu. On our last night, I had a pumpkin soup with fois gras ravioli followed by a pasta dish featuring lobster and scallops which was fantastic and one of the best meals I've had in a while.

For others looking at the hotel, a few tips - Firstly, the meals can be a bit expensive. I'd say they are worth it (especially the set menu for dinner ) and are what you'd expect to pay in this kind of place. We did have a meal in the bar on one of our nights which was cheaper and the kids enjoyed it - they do have a children's menu which is good value, by the way. It is a shame they don't do a bed and breakfast package, as the breakfast (which is very nice) is €20 for adults and €10 for children. Secondly, the wine list is (as others have mentioned) similarly expensive - but they do have some nice wines by the glass. Thirdly, we were encouraged by many friends to go to Honfleur - this is a lovely little town and very much worth a trip. Finally, take care with checking your booking confirmation, mine got a little confused which I think was down to my lack of French and their attempts to understand me.

The staff were all very lovely and responded encouragingly to our children's clumsy attempts at French - the service was generally very excellent.

If you want a location where you will be spoilt, where you can stay in a very comfortable space which is perfect for a family and you don't mind splashing out a little for the food, this is a perfect retreat and we will be going back.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are in satellite buildings from the main hotel where they are round buildings whic...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Orgeval, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

Last minute decision and far from disappointed. Better than any other Hotel in the area by far. Communicating suites superb 90m2 excellent for a family. 2 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Lounge and private terraces. Decoration just superb. Nice and quiet and unique design.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Les Manoirs de Tourgeville? Share your experiences!