Having driven through France on what was the busiest travel day of the year, I spent 2 hours trying to find a hotel - yes, they were all fully booked. Finally, a hotel in Deauville phoned through to 'Les Manoirs' for me and said they had a room. At gone 11pm I would have settled for anywhere but asked them to reserve the room for me. It cost Euros 260:00.
I then arrived 10 minutes later and could not quite believe what I was seeing. The reception man led me to my 'room' - which was the lower floor of one quarter of a traditional French circular building set in the grounds. It was actually more like a small flat, with bedroom, bathroom (wet room inside), seperate WC and sitting room, which was complete with sofa, chairs, coffee table etc.
At that time of night I was not interested on exploring any further, but what I had was quite brilliant. Everywhere was clean, very well looked after and very well maintained. There were even two massive flatscreen TV's in my accomodation. I managed to get free wifi access on my iPad, whether I was entitled to I don't know!
The following morning having had a restful night, I ventured into the dining room for breakfast. The breakfast was way above average for a French hotel buffet style - it had the usual cold meats, cheeses, pastries, breads etc, as well as hot scrambled egg and bacon - all served in a well presented dining area. Best of all was that fresh smoked salmon was also on the platter. I was tempted to take some away for lunch but thought better of it.
However, there has to be a negative point as well, as nothing is perfect. From walking into my room, I was troubled by three flies who either wanted to eat or befriend me. No matter where I went, they followed, and when I tried to set them free by opening a door into my private garden (yes, each room in my buiiding has it's own garden!) it was joined by a mate. This is probably something that could be sorted quite easily.
Having stumbled across this hotel quite by accident and whilst desperate, I was pleased I had. It has what I felt was a 'country club' feel to it - in the car parks were Jaguars, BMW's, even a Maserati. I say this to give a feel of the kind of clientelle.
I would definately go back here if I am in this area of France again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate atmosphere, with luxurious confort…Located just a few steps away from the well-known « planches » of Deauville and from the romantic port of Honfleur, Les Manoirs de Tourgeville welcomes you in a green setting located at the heart of the countryside in the region of Normandy. This property seduces those seeking a quiet stay in a beautifully decorated and warm atmosphere. Here, you will reside in an authentic Norman house and you will enjoy the lounge bar around the fireplace in comfortable Chesterfield sofas.The hotel is made up of a main building, a half-timbered structure, and within close walking distance, four typical round manors. The four typical round manors are spread throughout in the gardens, all adjustable and sold as either 4 whole duplex apartments, or as 8 separate rooms, and all embellished by private terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Les Manoirs de Tourgeville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Manoirs De Tourgeville Hotel Deauville
- Hostellerie De Tourgeville Deauville