“Always Great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Athi River B&B and Inns
Nairobi
“Always Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been to Lukenya Getaway over the years and can testify to the fact that the place keeps getting better. The staff are warm and helpful, the rooms are spacious and always clean, the food fresh and nice and the environment is one of the best to be in. If you would like to take a walk , it is one place I can recommend as it has sufficient grounds even for team building.

Having gone there with both my organization and also with family, I can clearly say it is one place I can keep going to and not get bored . Actually one of my kids says we should move to Lukenya Getaway and live there.

I have seen the place grow from one single building to the big place it is now and one amazing thing is some of the staff I saw years back are still there- which to me also means it is a good place to work in.

The place is family friendly and kids will surely enjoy the place . There are several games available and I do recommend it for families.

I look forward to my next visit and I know my family does too.It is Always great to be in Lukenya Getaway.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. If for honeymoon- choose the one with a jacuzzi. If with kids, ask for adjo...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We spent one week during an international conference.
The staff is amazing and very friendly, the rooms are very clean, they change the towels and the covers every day. The food is great and a good variety of plates. The dessert needs some improvement. I was surprised by the internet, the wifi covers all the hitel areas, indoor and outdoor.
Some of the bathroom equipments are old and rusty, no net on the windows, for that we keep them closed.
The hotel is located in a very green area, at the morning we see the two famous monkeys on the trees and on the roofs, all day long colored birds are everywhere. It is not recommended for who fears the jungle, sometimes you can see some insects, mosquitoes, lizards or snake outside. I think the mosquitoes net during sleeping is very effective.
The pool, snooker table and the table tennis are good leisure facilities to have fun.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a great place which I ever stayed. I stayed 7 nights there which was very good. I just participated a training workshop at this hotel and we had good service from the staff. It has number of training rooms with plenty of space. Rooms are fairly big enough (Lukenya suite). The bathrooms also big and very clean. The staff are very friendly and supportive. Their hospitality is appreciated. meals are very good. but only thing was, we didn't see big difference meals over the time I stayed. However, meals are very tasty and the service of the restaurant staff was friendly.

You can see Zebras, Giraffe, Antelopes, Wildebeest, and many more wild animals on your way to the hotel as well as around the hotel. Hotel environment is nice and safe.

Hotel situated bit far away from the Nairobi city. It is located 4 Km away from the Nairobi-Mombasa Highway. there may be 20 Km from the Nairobi Int. Airport. There is a huge traffic on that road during the morning & evening time. If you need to go to the city you have to spend 80 - 90 USD for the taxi. But no available taxi near by. You have to inform the hotel in advance and then they will arrange hotel taxi for you. The nearest town is Athi River located in about 10 Km away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Room number from LS 016 to LS 022 are very big rooms. room number Ls 001 to LS 006 are small. accord...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This the 4th year our organization has stayed at Lukenya. We stayed for 5 nights this time. We have been impressed every time with their cleanliness, menu and staff. The rooms are comfortable too with mosquito netting. I stayed in Room 15 with my husband and a 89 year old lady traveling with our group, which is a suite with a sitting area, 2 bedrooms and 3 baths (2 full baths and 1 half bath in the hallway) as well as a small kitchen with a sink and coffee/tea pot. There is also a porch.However, it is quite a distance from the dining hall and the paths are dark. Lukenya has beautiful manicured gardens and a swimming pool as well as paths that lead through the property. During the day we went into Nairobi to do humanitarian work, so it was great to come back to warm showers, running water, toilets and great food! On the way to and from Nairobi (right outside Lukenya) we were able to see giraffe, zebra, gazelle, hyenas and warthogs roaming freely. The view is spectacular, with the hills nearby. Wi-fi is available in the lobby area and we had good cell phone reception. There is a wall around the hotel with a guarded entrance, so safety has never been a concern to our group.

Bring a flashlight! If you are coming from the US bring an adapter for the outlets. Also, it can get chilly at night, so bring a light jacket or sweatshirt.

Room Tip: Room 15 is a suite with 3 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and a sitting area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights and traveled 30 mins each day to our destination which was pretty good. Food could be varied a bit more from night to night but consistent quality. We felt safe and staff were some of the friendliest ever. Great Christian music over meals too. Bit a distance to the CBD but that was not what we wanted. Will be back!

• Stayed September 2013
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I just love Lukenya Getaway. It keeps getting better with time. My third time here, and each time the place looks different- better! The food was awesome! They have great chefs and the variety is really something. The rooms are comfortable and clean and they have excellent service. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. They have excellent grounds for team building activities. Would definitely go back to Lukenya Gateaway!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

It's the perfect place to escape to, when you need a break from Nairobi's hustle and bustle. The food is really good. My companions and I had a lovely dinner, the chicken was cooked to perfection! We whiled away the afternoon by the pool and all too soon it was time to get back to the city. If you want to go do stay longer than a day.. something about the place relaxes you. The new wing rooms are really nice, I slept like a baby.

Room Tip: Get the new wing rooms, beautiful, fantastic showers and I like the beds there plus there's a cu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Lukenya Getaway? Share your experiences!