“HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010 via mobile

Went to the new I35 place!!! Waited an 1 1/2 for food that was disgusting, manager sent the new waitress out to do her "dirty work" of telling us the bill had been discounted and the owner is an arrogant man! Do not waste your time or money on this place!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

West, Texas
“THIS IS NOT THE OLD HEITMILLER'S”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

This is not the same old Heitmillers located in Elm Mott. That one was torn down because of the I35 expansion. They moved this one to Lacy-Lakeview. I have not eaten there, and the way that it looks, I don't think I'm going to. It's a shame about the traditions that have been lost there. I remember my boy's christening party was held at the old one in 2000. Good......no, GREAT times. Not anymore. This new establishment is not the same. Piece of advice to the management to keep your head above water: Call back one of the Heitmillers and have a month long in-service training on how it's done right.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waco, TX
“Awful food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Awful. My wife and I both ordered the prime rib that according to the menu was only available on Fri. and Sat. I've never had prime rib that was so tough. It had obviously been frozen and thrown on the griddle. Even the "aus jus" was bad. I also ordered the "grilled vegetables" which were nothing more than frozen broccoli & cauliflower thrown on a griddle. Edible, but a complete rip-off at $13/plate. We each ate about half the "steak" and gave up. It was just too bad.

My wife and I both waited tables for a few years. We know that lots of people complain about food just to get a free meal. We told our waitress how disappointed we were but that we were ready to pay. She offered to get the manager. She came back and told us the manager didn't want to talk to us because we had eaten some of the meal. We only wanted to tell a manager how disappointed we were with the food. I guess they don't care.

You can spend $50 at Heitmiller or $60 at Outback. Spend the extra and get some decent food. I really feel bad for the waitstaff here because I'm sure they suffer the most.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waco, Texas
“Terrible doesn't even begin!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

This place is SO BAD I took the time to create an account so that I could review it!!! (and I don't usually bother).

My family and I just moved back to Texas from the New England area. We couldn't wait to have a good ol' Texas steak, well we are still waiting!! My husband's ribeye had so much fat in it his arteries harden just looking at it, my son's chicken fried steak was ok, then there was my (sad excuse for a) Filet. It was the most bland filet I have ever tasted, and filets are all I eat. The first one was over cooked, the Second one was over cooked!! There was no third attempt. I was however given a discount,,,,,Five Lousy Little Dollars!!! I didn't even eat either one of those horrible excuses for beef. So if you want good steak I suggest Texas Roadhouse or even Golden Corral. By comparison I'm sure Golden Corrals would be awesome!! But, if you are a vegetarian and want to spend $13 (price I paid after that great big discount) for Okra and Green Beans, then this is the place for you!!!

As for the atmosphere, what atmosphere. Our server, poor guy, was so busy apologizing for the cook's double mistake that he failed to properly clear our table. Despite the horrible food and the lack of prebusing (clearing dirty dishes) we still tipped him good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waco, Texas
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

Under new owenership and it shows, some remodeling and added a bar. service was good, food was even better. Had a glass of wine with my meal which was nice. Will make the trip back again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere