“We were right at home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lacy Lakeview
Lenexa, Kansas
“We were right at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

My daughter will be going to graduate school at Baylor, so she and I went down to find a place for her to live and discuss her research with her professor. Neither of us had been there. Not only did the Hampton front desk give us maps of Waco, the University, etc. the front desk person also gave us some ideas on where we might want to look for an apartment based on what are needs were. She was exactly right in her assessment of the area. We leased an apartment in the one of th areas she recommended. She could have just given us a map, but she went the extra mile. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2010
HamptonWacoNorth, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very glad to hear that you both enjoyed your stay! We work everyday to make sure that our guests feel welcome and at home in our hotel, we are glad to know that we accomplished this during your stay! Everyone here at the Hampton wishes your daughter the best of luck in grad school next semester, and we hope that the next time you’re in Waco to visit her, you’ll think of us when you’re making reservations! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We went to Waco for a wedding. It had been planned for a while. Waco is a town that really just has Baylor Univ and the Dr Pepper Museum. If you are a real Texan you love Dr Pepper and support Baylor against non-Texas teams (that's free, has nothing to do with the hotel review). To the point though, I really liked this hotel. Good location, clean, great bed and no Baptists asking me if I've been saved. (I am saved, BTW). They have nice swimming pools (one inside, one outside; I saw no dunking, however). Interstate 35 is right outside the building, but you couldn't hear it; that's good. The couple that got married had a "Cowboy" themed wedding. My wife and I enjoyed our bed, too. Even in Waco you can enjoy recreational activities---Hampton Inn made everything nice and comfy. You can sleep well here in Waco since the place closes down kinda early, even on Saturdays.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Emmetsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

I really enjoyed staying at this location. Everything in the stay was awesome beginning with the drive into the parking lot, where my friends and I saw the beautiful landscaping, to the apparently recently rennovated lobby and spectacular rooms! The staff was really friendly, and had a great sense of humor. I've stayed a lot of places where the staff goes through the motions, but doesn't make and effort to get to know you, or even have friendly conversation----not the case here!! It was a great stay, that I won't soon forget.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Waco North. We are very glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with us! We are committed to ensuring that the comfort and quality of our hotel exceeds each of our guests’ expectations, so that they might all have memorable stays like yours. We especially love to hear that our staff was able to really make you feel welcomed, because we truly do love having you here! Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you will visit us again soon!
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Truly First-Class Service all around. Each one of the staff members greeted us with a sincerely gracious attitude and warm smile. The rooms were modern, spacious, extremely comfortable, and very clean. The location was ideal being just off the freeway in North Waco. Access was very easy. Amenities were truly some of the very best I've ever seen with free in-room high speed internet, very comfortable desk with chair, etc. Our whole family really enjoyed the complimentary pizza and beverages offered in the hospitality/dining room each evening. This was sufficient for supper. The complimentary breakfast was also very good as we are accustomed to with most Hampton Inn locations.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Hampton Inn Waco North. We truly appreciate your feedback. We believe that a truly enjoyable stay depends upon having a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction above anything else, and we are very pleased to hear that this was your experience. We are also glad to hear that you took advantage of the complimentary breakfast and guest reception served every Tuesday and Thursday evening. We try to go above and beyond in all of our services and amenities, to create not only a pleasant hotel stay, but an outstanding one! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Waco!
Houston, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

I travel to Waco a dozen times a year and I always stay in this hotel because I know I'll get a great night's sleep. My priorities when I travel are simple: cleanliness, quiet and a good bed! Additionally, I stay on a restricted diet, so the added convenience of the microwave and refrigerator make it that much easier for me to maintain my health requirements.

Thanks for making my travel experience a good one.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, April 7, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Waco North. We love to hear that our guests are enjoying their stays with us, and I am glad to know that the amenities we offer are making it easier for you to stay healthy! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Waco area!
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

This was my first stay at the Hampton North in Waco. I had previously stayed at the LaQuinta and the Sleep Inn but nothing compares to this Hampton. Everything in the hotel is spotless from the elevators to the carpets to the rooms. There is always a staff person cleaning something. The staff is very friendly and always willing to do something extra to make your stay comfortable. To make thing even better, their rates are great. I noticed during my stay that the Hampton farther south on I 35 was closer to my destination in Waco. I stopped in to check their rates and they wanted to charge me $30.00 a night more. After staying at the Hampton north I wouldn't stay at the other one for $30.00 less. Believe me, you won't regret staying here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, April 3, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Waco North! We pride ourselves on being able to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am very happy to hear that this was your experience. Our entire staff, from the Front Desk to the Housekeeping and Maintenance department does their best to go above and beyond everyday so that all of our guests can have an experience such as yours. Once again, thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Waco North, and we hope to be seeing you again soon on your next visit to Waco.
Carrollton, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel when I was visiting some friends at Baylor, and I have to say, this was by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in....and I have stayed in quite a few!! I am usually an Embassy Suites kind of girl, but since there isn't one in Waco I decided to give the Hampton Inn a try, and what a great decision it was.

The hotel is roughly 5 minutes from Baylor, and from the Waco airport. I had flown in and expected my friend to come pick me up, however she was caught up at work so I called the hotel and Sarah told me that they offered a complimentary shuttle!! It was a LIFE saver!!

Check in was quick and efficient. The front desk ladies were so nice and inviting, they instantly welcomed me by name, it almost felt like I knew them! The room was great, a standard King nonsmoking room, the beds are AMAZING!! Soo lush and comfortable!
No trip is ever without its kinks however, I did have one issue with my door rejecting my room cards. After getting new keys, and having the door still reject them, the front desk staff sincerely apologized and, since there was no maintenance man around, the front office manager, Lindsay accompanied me up to my door and, with some machine thing, magically made my lock work again! She also apologized and offered me a treat or sold drink from the suite shop for the inconvenience. It really wasnt a big deal, these sorts of things happen all the time, but the way the staff handled it was great!

The best part of this hotel is definatly the friendly and outgoing people who work there! Another great thing about this hotel is the managers reception on Tuesday's and Thursday's, I am used to Embassy Suites hotels having these, but I had never heard of a Hampton Inn doing this. The food was great, and I loved the free drinks!

I will definitely be staying here again the next time I visit waco. The staff truly made it worth it!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
HamptonWacoNorth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, April 7, 2010
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff; it was our pleasure to be at your service! We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able to make your stay more enjoyable. You can always count on Hampton Inn Waco/North as being your home away from home,...Please give us a call if we can help out with any future hotel needs. Once again, Thank you for staying with us and have agreat day!!!

Been to Hampton Inn Waco North? Share your experiences!