“Consistently great!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lacy Lakeview
Dallas, Texas
“Consistently great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've been staying here for business on and off for the last 6 years and it's always been a great place to stay. The service is always excellent. The rooms are a nice size and have a refrigerator, microwave and wet bar area with a sofa in the king rooms.

The pool has recently been refurbished and they are adding a new outdoor sitting area that looks like it's going to be nice.

Love Hampton Inns and this is one of the better ones I've stayed in. The only negative I can even mention is that the breakfast food runs out pretty quickly, they have a good variety and the food is good but may need an extra helper to keep everything restocked in the mornings. They have hors duerves, beer and wine 2 nights a week which is a nice little surprise.

Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HamptonWacoNorth, Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
We appreciate your staying with us over the years and are very happy to provide you with a great stay! Thank you for sharing about your experience. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My first stay at a Hampton Inn and it was great! I lived about an hour south and wanted to fly out of Waco because the Waco airport has free parking. I had originally planned to stay at the southern Hampton Inn but they didn't have reservations because I delayed in booking because there was a possibility of canceling my trip. I am very glad I stayed here, it was much closer to the airport. This stay was April 11, 2014. I got in around 4pm and they were very busy, some kind of a convention or meeting at the Hotel. There were a lot of people using a room near check in and they had tables for checking in with their group in the hallway. After a long drive I asked for directions to the restrooms and the person at the desk was very helpful and gave me directions with a smile. When I came back to check in there were a few people checking in but I was helped within a minute. And they still had a couple fresh chocolate chip cookies in a jar behind me on a ledge by checkin, a nice touch. Check in was quick and easy and I was asked if I needed anything else. I went to the car got my bag and went up to my room. It was near the elevator which made it a little noisy with all the people staying there and loud conversations late at night but it wasn't horrible. Next time I would make sure I wasn't by the elevator. Being so full I didn't bother to ask to be moved the place was obviously full. I had to get a room with a spa tub because there were not any regular rooms available. But it was a very nice room, comfortable bed, the tub was amazing and everything was clean. My flight was at 5am the next morning. The gentleman who checked me out was very nice and it was a quick transaction. When I got to the airport there was a problem with the plane and it had been cancelled. I was put on another flight at 11am. This was very annoying to say the least and I would have much preferred to sleep in. I returned to the Hotel and asked the clerk if it would be possible to check back into my room, because obviously it had not been made up at that hour of the day. He was very kind and said of course. By this time breakfast was being put out in the dining room. So I took my bag up and came back down for a nice hot breakfast before returning to my room to catch more sleep before catching my later flight. Several hours later after a few more hours of sleep I once again checked out. This may not have seemed exceptional to the clerk but it was to me. Unfortunately I didn't get his name. It made a huge difference in my day, because if I couldn't have gone back to my room I would have had to sit in a restaurant, my car, or the airport for at least four hours. I also wouldn't have gotten the much needed extra sleep. In my opinion they went above and beyond in service and not only was my stay great, they made a fantastic impression on me of how they take care of guests. When I can I will definitely stay at a Hampton Inn. Thank you so very much for the great experience!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator and the freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
We are extremely pleased that we were able to make a "fantastic impression" during your stay. Thank you for taking time to share your experience. In spite of the problems with the airport, we are glad to be able to provide a comfortable place for you to relax. We hope to have you stay with us again the next time you are in Waco!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed overnight during the solar car race we start at 5am and end at 2100. We are out in heat allll day. The hotel was wonderful. The rooms are big with refrigerator, microwave and sink area. Pull out couch in king size rooms. The beds were great. Has a pool. Nice breakfast area. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2014
Even though you had long days at the Solar Car Race, we are so glad that we were able to welcome you back to a comfortable night's stay. Thank you for taking time to share your review. We hope to see you again!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hampton Inn gives great and expected service for the price consistently throughout the United States. People are friendly and the breakfast is very good. Coffee and tea are available 24 hours a day. Have always felt very safe at any of the Inns I've stayed at throughout the country.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you enjoy staying in Hampton Inns and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Seabrook, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

All in all my stay was great and they accomodated me. I was almost put near the smoking floor but the front desk person changed it as I arrived. It would be much better if I did not have to stress about being around 2nd hand smoke. Most hotels in the U.S. are now non-smoking. It would be great if this hotel went to a smoke-free policy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to share about your stay. We are actually working on hopefully becoming 100% smoke-free in all guest rooms. We definitely are listening to your feedback, and will work to make your next stay even better than your last!
League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel is located about 4 minutes from where I needed to be, so location was fantastic. I had 3 rooms total, and all 3 were clean and nice. The staff at the front desk is very nice and friendly. Free wifi and breakfast are a definite plus!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! Our staff is pleased to hear that our hotel was convenient, and even happier to hear how much you all enjoyed your stay with is. We hope to see you again soon!
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I arrived under a great deal of stress and the staff could not have been more helpful or accommodating. Was able to print my boarding passes for the airport and was also given a ride to the airport at no cost. I thought the accomodations were lovely and the staff definitely went above and beyond my expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to write a review. It is a huge compliment that you will stay again, and we look forward to going "above and beyond" your expectations during your next stay as well!

Been to Hampton Inn Waco North? Share your experiences!