“Sad update” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lacy Lakeview
Texas, Australia
“Sad update”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Good news, the bed was still wonderful.

Time has marched on and the superior quality and customer service went with it. There was a litany of small problems mostly concerning housekeeping and general maintenance. The first day we were there and I went down to the front desk to request more pillows and towels and housekeeping to clean up something that looked like cola in the ac/heater unit. She asked me if I had tried asking the housekeeper. I told her I saw the cart but didn't see a person. I also informed the young lady that the cover for the unit control was broken. She responded that no, they indeed snap off and on. I told her I understood that but this one was broken. It was then that she dropped her shoulders,rolled her eyes up and said she would call housekeeping. A few minutes later a very nice lady showed up with our requested towels and pillows. She replaced the soiled AC grill with one from another room and told us that a lot of the control panels were broken and they are just suppose to place them over. Don't get me wrong I do not care about the cover, I simply wanted them to be aware of it because the slightest movement with the curtains the darn thing would fall off. We finally just laid it on the desk. We thanked her and gave her five dollars for her trouble. Management did follow up later with a call asking if we were happy with our room. Sure. Sure we were considering there were no rooms available in the city of Waco due to a statewide Masonic meeting and the meeting on the football field between Baylor and Texas, besides at that point we were.

The next morning I went to bath and could not get the water in the shower/bath hot enough to be comfortable for me. So again I went by the front desk on my way out and mentioned it to a pleasant new face. We went through the regular routine about did you let it run long enough, too long, maybe it was the time I bathed (maybe everyone was bathing at the same time). In the end the pleasant new face replied that possibly due to the cold front her maintenance guy might could raise the temperature. I thanked her, smiled and left still wondering how that would solve the problem of the shower not getting hot when both the bathroom sink and the sink at the wet-bar in the room could get very hot. With this, there was no follow up.

And then the next day...
It was very cold and I was not going to leave until I had to (OK I was putting off the lukewarm shower as long as I could) when the housekeeper came a knocking. I answered the door in my robe and told her I was in the middle of getting ready and could she come back later. She said no and asked me if I did not want the room made. I said yes. She said then she had to do it right then. OK, I am sitting at the desk in a robe putting make up on with the door propped open and people walking down the hall and I just could not allow this so I told her she needed to go where I could finish dressing. All this time I am thinking she is getting off work early due to the freeze and I am her last room. No. As I leave for my appt. I pass her on the way to the elevator cleaning another room. I did not return to the hotel until late and again I reported it to the front desk (a completely different girl) and the manager on duty. The young man was nice an said he knew the housekeeping staff very well and this was not right, it could be the language barrier but they will come back later if you ask; he would look in to this. I heard nothing back but by this time I knew not expect too, besides this young manager did not think enough of this establishment to wear a shirt that was so wrinkled it looked like he picked it up off the floor to come to work.

We were able to cut our trip short and informed the front desk that we would be checking out the next day. I asked what they heard about the shower. "Oh, they will probably have to bust the wall out to fix it." What?!! OK, so they never talked to maintenance at all.

Additionally just FYI, the outdoor pool is being redone which shouldn't matter in the winter time except the renovation has several parking places blocked. Which again under normal circumstances would be no problem but, when it is sold out it proved to be concerning.

Also, if you decide their price is worth a great bed you may want to make sure your room is located away from the front because around 4:30/5:00 am someone is dropped off or comes to work that has a fabulous base in their automobile. Awesome!

The standards of this once great hotel are gone all the way down to the coffee and food they serve. No customer service, not just for me but for the others I heard while waiting for my vehicle to de-ice.

It may be surprising to these college students that people that stay at hotels may actually know what standards to expect but it shouldn't be to the management and the owner.

And to the eye-roller, most children learn that is inappropriate about the age of seven.

Room Tip: If you are not a heavy sleeper and do not want to be woke at 4:30 am stay away from the front door.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Lovie2

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I would like to personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We want our guests to have the best experience possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. I am truly sorry that this was not your experience.

At your earliest convenience, may I request you contact the hotel at 254-412-1999 and speak with the general manager, Lindsey Holder, so that we may properly follow up with your concerns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Gladewater, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Last minute booking because this hotel was close to the baseball fields my son was playing on. Staff only had king rooms left when I called and they offered to put a rollaway bed in the room for me. When we arrived at the hotel, a Queen room had become available and they had held it for me. Was a little anxious because I felt like this might not be the best part of town to stay in. I was completely wrong. The hotel was excellent and we never felt unsafe in this area. If we have another tournament in Waco there will be no question about where we will stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Ishawn,

Thank you for lodging with Hampton Inn Waco North. We appreciate the time you spent writing your thoughts about our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you were happy with your visit to our property and that our staff made your stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you for staying with Hampton Inn Waco North, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!
Ft Worth, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hotel Staff upon arrival was very unpleasant. although I had already did an E Check-in. Room wasn't bad had older outdated furnishings, but was clean. the whirlpool tub had broken buttons and could not be used. (which I had Paid for the upgraded room) as it was or 35th Anniversary getaway. On the good side the bed and pillows was comfortable and we relaxed well on it

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Don G,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay at Hampton Inn Waco/North. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I try to stay at Hampton Inns whenever I travel in the USA. They consistently offer the best quality of any comparable chain. The Waco Hampton Inn North was no exception. Large, clean and quiet room. Incredibly comfortable beds, terrific breakfast, fast and efficient internet, friendly and knowledgeable staff -- what more could you ask for an overnight stay? I'll be back!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Richard G:

Arlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Rooms were good. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Restaurants at convenient walking distance. Great stay. Outdoor pool is receiving major maintenance work but indoor pool was open and available. Nice area in lobby for meeting collegues with ample power sources for laptops.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for lodging with Hampton Inn Waco North. We appreciate the time you spent writing your thoughts about our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you were happy with your visit to our property and that our staff made your stay more enjoyable!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you need to stay in Waco, stay at this Hampton Inn. Everything was great and I understand they are renovating all of the rooms over the next year. They don't need it but it just speaks to the customer service perspective of management here. It's also next door to a starbucks and a cracker barrel. What more could you want? :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Lubbock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Great beds and bedding. Excellent customer service. My son left his blanket at the hotel. The staff found it and mailed it to us within a few day. Highly recommend this location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear April K.,

Thank you for lodging with Hampton Inn Waco North. We appreciate the time you spent writing your thoughts about our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you were happy with your visit to our property, that our staff made your stay more enjoyable, and that your sons blanket made it home safely.

Been to Hampton Inn Waco North? Share your experiences!