“Quality Going Downhill” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Quality Going Downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Have been staying at this hotel for a few years and have always been pleased, except for this trip. The value for the price is not what it used to be. Breakfast is the same old boring stuff they have offered for years. The patrons also seem to be somewhat less than desireable. My next trip to Waco, I will be looking at other hotel options.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HamptonWacoNorth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent experience. I want to personally apologize that the complimentary breakfast did not meet your expectations.

A good breakfast in pleasant surroundings is part of our promise to you. I apologize that this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hotel is well maintained. The staff was extremely helpful and went over and beyond what was expected of them. We traveled with a group and there was no delay in getting checked in and check out was just as smooth. The indoor pool area was well maintained and the breakfast was ample with a variety of breakfast selections. The entire hotel is beautifully decorated and is warm and inviting. The sleep rooms are spacious and the beds are heavenly! It is located right off of the highway but you don't notice any noise. There are both fast food, pizza and family restaurants nearby (some in walking distance) and grocery and discount stores. If that's not enough there is a Starbucks right next door and Baylor University is nearby. If you stay at this hotel you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
We loved hearing about your last stay with the Hampton Inn Waco North! Our staff was excited to hear about the success of your stay and that they made it morew enjoyable. We like to pride ourselves in being the best hotel in Waco. We hope to see you the next time you decide to stay in Waco!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

The rooms here are spacious and clean. If you have never stayed at a Hampton before, you are missing out!!! Their beds are totally amazing! The hotel has great acess off and on the freeway and is close to Baylor.

On a recent business trip that was delayed by a day, I forgot to cancel my room and was charged for the no show. Totally my fault! When I come in the next day, the manager, Jody gives a coupon for the jacuzzi suite on my return visit to say he's sorry for having to charge me. I come back the following week and get the jacuzzi room. Lorena, at the front desk, doesn't want to inconvience me on my 2nd night by asking me to move, so gives me my 2nd night at regular cost instead of charging for an upgraded room! Never before have I ever recieved such amazing service, especially due to an error on my part. Service like this just doesn't happen any more! This Hampton totally goes out of their way to ensure you have the best experience possible.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room or one that was too noisy here.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HamptonWacoNorth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! Your satisfaction and comfort are always our number one concern at Hampton Inn Waco North. We were so happy that we were able to make a positive out of negative during your last stay. Please stay with us again soon! "We love having you here!"
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This hotel proved to be a complete nightmare for my family!!! 1st off the whole "completely satisfied or you don't pay" is a lie!!!! when you try and discuss things with the manager he will cut you off mid sentence and not allow you to speak and then threaten you with the police if you suggest coming back up there to talk with him in person....complete lack of professionalism and NO customer service!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed here on business and proved to be an outstanding experience for the week I was there. Check-In was effortless. A complimentary happy hour after many hours in a jet was very nice. Breakfast was one of the better breakfasts I've had in a hotel type setting. Ice water right in the lobby was appreciated on hot August days. Rooms were always clean and well appointed for those that might need to work from the room. Only complaint, which seems to be a worldwide hotel problem...Pillows= insanely too soft.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HamptonWacoNorth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us . Our staff was pleased to hear they made your stay "Outstanding.' We hope you will come visit again soon!, so we can have another oppurtunity to demonstrate our commitent to your comfort.
La Grange, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

There are so many choices these days of places to stay, but when in the Waco area be sure to check-in to the Hampton Inn Waco North. Great staff and service for a modest price. A well kept facility, superb breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us as well as the TripAdvisor community! We are very aboutyour Great Stay! Here at Hamtpon Inn Waco North we strive for excellence, and its comments like yours that let us know we're doing something right. We hope you will come visit again soon!
Garland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was in town for the State games of Texas. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. The breakfast area needed to be refilled most of the food was very limited and needed to be restocked. It was located in a good location close to grocery stores and restaurants. I would stay here again...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HamptonWacoNorth, Lindsey Holder, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
We were very pleased to hear that you were happy with your visit to our property and that our staff made your stay more enjoyable. I would however like to apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment caused by our failure to keep the breakfast well stocked during your stay. You can be confident that such an issue is rare, and that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. We hope that you’ll give us another chance the next time you’re in Waco so we can prove our true commitment to your comfort!

Been to Hampton Inn Waco North? Share your experiences!