“Boutique Hotel I do not think so” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gateway on Monash Boutique Hotel

Gateway on Monash Boutique Hotel
You added Gateway on Monash Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Gateway on Monash Boutique Hotel
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   630 Blackburn Road, Notting Hill, Monash, Victoria 3168, Australia   |
Victoria Australia
“Boutique Hotel I do not think so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at Gateway on Monash Boutique Hotel and a "Boutique Hotel" is not a description I would use to describe this Hotel. The rooms are dated and dark and although reasonably clean could do with some renovation etc, The air conditioner systems are very noisy.
The food I was served for room service was not any better than home cooked meals and presented very poorly and overpriced. No hot cooked breakfast available on weekends or public holidays which I find unacceptable. So if you a looking for a warm fuzzy feeling from a Boutique Hotel than this is not the place to find it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

we stayed here in June last year and decided to come back as we loved it so much, the place had a different feel to it this time around. This time half of the services/facilities offered were not available (even though they were advertised on their website). the restaurant which we have very beautiful memories of was terrible, the food was shameful and the staff seemed depressed. there was no hot breakfast available on Sunday and our room was not cleaned/serviced by housekeeping. the staff we came across were untrained and unprofessional, except for the very friendly young girl on reception on Sunday mid morning. . it is sad to see such beautiful property go to waste.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Gateway on Monash is described as a "boutique hotel." This raises certain expectations for luxe environment, swanky location, high end decor, etc. -- probably not the best description for the establishment. What you do get is a good value, clean room, pleasant service, excellent hot breakfast and I have to say the breakfast service waitress was delightful. I wish I'd gotten her name to call it out here. Good place to stay in the area, but a bit far from Melbourne/St. Kilda.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night when we needed to be close to Monash university, Clayton campus. We had a very pleasant stay. The rooms were clean, well-presented, with a/c, free foxtel and new release movies (normally these must be paid for in my experience). The Internet was not free, but that's not unusual. We ate at the restaurant; the food was good but I wouldn't say it was award winning, as advertised. For the price, it's very good value. I would definetly return when in the area. One other thing to note is the external doors open outside ( rather than to an internal hotel lobby etc) for those who would feel uncomfortable about that.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for attending a course nearby. Overall my stay was comfortable. The room was big-ish in comparison to other hotels with a big spa in the bathroom. Cleanliness was questionable as I found some hair in the bathroom from previous guests which put me off slightly. Other hotels I've stayed were more careful about that. Bed and pillows were a bit softer than my liking. I stayed in one of the rooms by the carpark which was quiet. My sleep was restful.

Had both brekkies and dinners here at the restaurant as it was convenient for me. The food was overall well cooked. Staff were friendly and polite.

I would stay again if I need to be close by that area.

• Stayed October 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife chose this hotel due to it offering a dinner, room and breakfast special. The service was excellent, the food very good and the over all experience very good. Would recommend this hotel for people wanting to be looked after well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GatewayMonash, Manager at Gateway on Monash Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We are pleased that you have enjoyed our 'weekend get away package'. We are happy that you made use of all the facilities on offer including our restaurant. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, it is close to the Monash University. Easy to find and and close enough to the main arterial roads for the trip back to the airport. Very clean, comfortable and the food is excellent. Normally I use the restaurant but this time I had room service which was just as good. Staff are lovely and very welcoming. I can highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: I stayed in room number 10, very quite and you can park your car just outside.