Spent two weeks in April with the wife and two boys, aged 12&9
This place is an absolute gem, located away from all the hustle and bustle. Nice quiet evenings were just what the doctor ordered.
We stayed in room 302, a ground floor 2bed, complete with bathroom jacuzzi.
It is also extremely child friendly, which is more than can be said for the hotels in surrounding areas. The pool is better than other hotels too - doesn't smell like you're bathing in chlorine!
The kids were never bored. Gigantic Chess, darts, air hockey, table tennis, mini golf, scuba diving plus other daily activities, not forgetting the pool which is maintained to the highest standard and kept the boys occupied for hours every day. (if you behave and keep noise level to a minimum, the hotel let you stay in the pool til 10pm)
The rooms are tastefully decorated and very clean. Pots, pans, crockery etc absolutely spotless and a large fridge/freezer, complete with complimentary chilled Cava upon your arrival. Very handy mini market on site too.
The double beds are very spacious and great if, like myself you suffer with back problems. Pillows are slightly on the hard side but softer ones are provided if requested.
The key to the hotel's success is its tireless and friendly staff (most of), with particular reference to the restaurant/bar staff. Thank you Renata and Giles who have a smile for everyone and give the place a more personal touch.
And Ali, who's responsible for making sure all are happy and comfortable - Girl, you need to wear a cape, and a blue top with a big, yellow "S" on the front.
Fantastic staff aside, there were also a few of down points (no place is perfect y'know!)
Slightly overpriced restaurant, paying more for the scenery/decor. That said,the meals were nice...until they changed the chef in the second week. Then not so good, to the point that the waiting staff looked positively embarrassed to be putting it in front of you. Fancy the chef trying to serve me a tiny, overcooked rump steak and pass it off as a rare fillet. Not clever, given that steak is all I eat. We were compensated accordingly.
Excursions - Read the leaflet carefully! - If you want to visit Mount Teide AND go the summit, be sure to book the HALF DAY excursion. We booked the full day option and ended up NOT going to the summit and were dropped off in Puerto de la Cruise for the afternoon. Receptionist advised that we wouldn't have time to swim there so don't take towels. Rubbish! the kids would've had a field day in any of the large pools we walked passed in our 3hr stay!!!
Also, The booklet doesn't say anything about NOT going to the summit of Mount Teide on the FULL DAY.
We felt let down and ripped off to say the least, even more so when a certain member of staff completely dismissed us when we attempted to convey our feelings at wasting a day of our holiday, at the cost of €95! (of which we didn't see a penny returned)
TIP - Do not, under any circumstances book your airport transfer through VIAJES URBIS. On departure they arrived 45mins late then parked 400yrds down the road from the hotel and the driver shouted us to come to him. I told him we had 4 heavy cases and asked why he insisted on parking so ridiculously far away when there is ample space right outside the hotel reception! He replied "airport or no airport!" Even the hotel receptionist told him to pull onto the main car park. He swore at her and drove off, leaving us with no transport to the airport. Disgraceful.(the transfer company is in no way associated with the hotel)
Thankfully, the receptionist called VIAJES URBIS, explaining that their driver had abandoned us and a taxi arrived shortly after, which VIAJES URBIS paid for. €25 - which is the same price as those halfwits anyway!
On the whole, a fantastic experience made only possible by Ali and the hotel's restaurant staff.
Oh, and the scuba diving is a must (booked through the hotel) An experience and a day out I'll never forget. Thank you Moana and the lads for a great laugh.
Restaurants you MUST try:
OLIVER'S in Los Christianos - Meals and deserts to die for. The seats are few and fills up easily. Booking a week in advance is advisable.
THE CHILL OUT BAR in Los Christianos - If you like soft fillet steak and great wine.... This was my fave. Cracking pizzas for kids too.
EL CLASSICO in Torviscas - Go here when you're hungry. The portion sizes are off the scales.
You will not leave hungry. Guaranteed. Highly recommend the lamb.
We will be returning!
- Also Known As:
- Regency Country Club Hotel
- Regency Country Club Hotel Chayofa
- Regency Los Cristianos
- Regency Country Hotel
- Regency Country Club Tenerife
- Regency Country Club Tenerife, Canary Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regency Country Club, Apartments & Suites is an exclusive hotel with a privileged location in the south of the island of Tenerife in the residential area of Chayofa, only 5 minutes from Los Cristianos and the renowned Playa de las Vistas. The hotel provides a “shuttle bus” service, courtesy of the hotel, to Los Cristianos, Torviscas and Fañabé. Its design is based on the exotic island of Bali, decorated with natural stone and hand-carved statues located all through the resort and complemented by fabulous furniture and marble floors in all public areas with a unique panoramic view to the pool, gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. The surroundings inspire relaxation, in a unique setting of distinction, excellence and attention to detail. Enjoy the excellent gastronomy and impeccable service of our restaurant “La Estancia”, a gourmet restaurant recently awarded as the “best foreign restaurant of the Canary Islands”, with live Jazz performances. Tenerife offers a wide and varied selection of family activities, particularly in the south of the island where you can enjoy theme parks such as the Siam Park Water Kingdom, and the Aqualand Water Park and the Jungle Park, all to explore and enjoy with your family. The Island of Tenerife has a wide range for sports, sightseeing and culture.Spain´s highest mountain “El Teide”, the island's landmark reference, and its surrounding nature reserve “Las Cañadas.” is a must see destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Regency Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.