We booked a weeks stay at the Chayofa Country Club via a kgb deal at £69.00 (after our experience there, we would not return for free)! Although it appeared to be a bargain price, it was a big mistake, as a 90 min orientation meeting during our stay, was expected of us. We agreed to the 90 min meeting which was supposed to be about holiday promotions, excursions etc. when in actual fact it was a hard selling timeshare meeting! To cut a long story short... they were trying to sell us a holiday voucher for accommodation all over the world but at a price and we weren't interested whatsoever! When we told them we had no interest and that we were leaving the meeting after 90 mins, the rep (Ian) brought in one of his managers who was very aggressive and told us that we could not leave the meeting, although we had been there the time stipulated on the kgb voucher. We did get up to leave and he said that he would 'bill us' so we asked him to do so. The manager must've thought that he could make us stay longer because of his threats! What he didn't understand was that we are neither vulnerable or gullible people who will be bullied by this type of behaviour and therefore left the meeting. To top it all, a different manager followed us to the pool area and wanted to chat about the situation but again we weren't interested in what he had to say so walked away from him too. I wouldn't recommend a meeting with these reps and think that more transparent information should be offered on the deals so that customers aren't misled!
On a more positive note, the hotel staff were lovely, especially Paco, on reception, who was really helpful. The hotel & surroundings are fine if you want a quiet holiday in an area that has limited restaurants, one expensive supermarket and very dated rooms. The whole complex needs some tlc & a make over. The pool area looks very attractive and would be more inviting if the sales reps weren't taking up all the tables & seats everyday. They are there from 10am until approx. 6/7pm. There had been some other complaints about their behaviour.
We had a car so was able to drive to Los Cristianos & Las Americas so we made the most of our stay. We holiday in Tenerife on a regular basis and have tried quite a few of the hotels and apartments there and can honestly say that we will not be staying at Chayofa in the future. One last thing... do not pay for the wifi, as it isn't accessible in the apartment and it is free (on your own device) in reception/bar area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chayofa Country Club is set in the perfect location for a relaxing, rejuvenating holiday. Customers can stay within the complex confines or choose one of the nearby villas with private pool. It offers the best of both worlds being only 5 minutes by shuttle bus from Los Cristianos/Las Americas and 5 minutes from the local town of La Camella with its traditional Spanish shops, tapas bars and restaurants. Chayofa has a great very friendly family run pool bar and restaurant opening day and night. The owner David Knaflec is a well-known Personal Trainer. He runs many fitness programs and is always happy to offer a free training/induction session. There is a second restaurant famous with locals called Zorro's, which opens in the evening only. We include a third bar and restaurant, which though not part of Chayofa, is only 100 yards away. English owned and very popular, it's well worth a visit. Simon the owner runs entertainment most evenings. The main swimming pool area is very attractive. It has a Jacuzzi and a separate child's pool and is surrounded by well-kept gardens and a great chill space with sofas and umbrellas. The Chayofa tennis academy is famous in Tenerife and certainly worth a try (additional cost), as is the gym and sauna, which is run by David the pool bar owner. We have extensive discounts available for the Tennis, Zorro's, Siam water Park and a lot more. The apartments are large and have well equipped kitchens all have microwaves and some have dishwashers. All have satellite TV. Free Wi-Fi is available in the pool bar and in reception where there is a small charge. If you like the idea of arriving in style, we strongly recommend our Stretched Limo service from the airport it's a must. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Chayofa Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chayofa Country Club Hotel Tenerife
- Chayofa Country Club Tenerife, Canary Islands