“Very Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Muttrah
Manama, Bahrain
“Very Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were a family of 4 staying at the Ramee Guestline in Muscat in July 2013.
Firstly I feel the location of the hotel is excellent in terms of the locality. Its in central Muscat, decent location; Not too far from old muscat & neither too far from the airport. Malls, Parks, Mosques all are easily accessible, but having your own vehicle is a must.
Secondly the room was clean & cozy. Didn't face any issue with any equipment & was spacious enough for bags & things. Basically was a comfortable room.
Next the service was good. The staff were friendly & helpful
Breakfast was included & daily it was different, tasty & sumptuous. Good variety for Indian as well as continental.
The only thing probably would be negative was that there was a disco at the basement & on weekends, the parking was full outside the hotel and it would be disturbing for the lower floors, but since we were on the 6th floor it was fine.
Overall I am a happy & satisfied customer & will recommend this place.

Room Tip: Higher Floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sandeep J, General Manager at Ramee Guestline Hotel Qurum, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
A Good story is better shared!

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Muscat Oman ! Thank you for choosing Ramee Guestline Hotel as your hotel of stay in Oman for your recent visit. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on this stay while you were our guest.
It makes us very happy to note from your feedback that you enjoyed your stay in every way and was delighted in all aspect. Your compliments will certainly be an encouragement and a boost of strength to our associates.
All your comments are well noted and appreciated. Customer service is of paramount importance at Ramee Guestline Hotel. Thank you for acknowledging our service you experienced as being friendly, dedicated & welcoming

Nothing makes us happier to know that Ramee Guestline Hotel would be the hotel for your next stay. Rest assured that we equally reciprocate the like as you have had for us. We look forward to your upcoming visit.

Sandeep Jaiswal I General Manager - Ramee Guestline Hotel, Muscat I Muttrah, P.O.594, P.C.114 I Sultanate Of Oman I (P) +968 24564443 I (F) +968 24562464 I (M) +968 99101705 I (E) gmqurum@rameehotels.com I Website: www.rameehotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is simple and cheap. It has all of the facilities one would need and at first glance it seems perfect.
My trouble started at about 1am just as I was drifting off to sleep: the music in the Rock Bottom Bar / Nightclub below was turned up and I ended up not being able to sleep until later that morning. The receptionist was nice and I was moved up from the 4th floor to the highest floor (5th floor), but I felt really sorry for the people on the floors below me.

The restaurant at the very top "The Little Hut of Kandahoe" is very good. We had a delicious meal here and there was a lovely view.

The bar / night club below serves alcohol and international food. As I couldn't sleep due to the loud bass, I went to the nightclub. The atmosphere was very good: they had a live band with amazing singers. Later on in the evening we did see some prostitutes hanging out here to drum up some trade.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor; and the side furthest away from the nightclub entrance.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

As I write this mail we are working on ensuring our customers get a good night sleep we finding means and ways to reduce the noise levels infact this going to our priority while we rebnovate the hotel

Bahrain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel is not the best in term of service, however its prices are very competitive.
The location of the hotel is amazing, it's near AlQuram beach which is one of the best attractions in Muscat nowadays. It's located in a classy area, which you will see classy houses, classy cars and very respectful people. The taxis are available all the time for a reasonable price.

The rooms are not the best, the hotel is kind of old in term of furniture but absolutely in a very good conditions. The single bed is big enough and clean, also the room smell good. They provide two bottles of water and tea bags and Nescafe bags everyday. The bathrooms are small and standard and usually they clean them well.

The reception is not the best, but they usually try to understand what you're looking for and try to help. They speak good English, but sometimes you need to repeat your sentence twice to understand you.

The breakfast is good, but it can be better. They provide only two type of cheese (White cubes and Sliced foiled) but both don't taste good. The coffee machine is broke, it's not hot enough. They provide Indian type of breakfast also. The They provide two types of low quality cereals. Generally their breakfast is not as good as 4 stars hotel. It must be better.

No free WiFi, but they have four computers in the lobby with free internet. The WiFi in the room is very costly, you'll pay 6 Omani Riyals for 24 hours to have WiFi Internet in your room!!

The music is very loud at night that you'll hear it in the third floor. It's not ideal at all if you're NOT that type of person who's celebrating or going to bars at night.

Overall, the service is not bad. The price is reasonable, the location is excellent.
Good for people who will spend most of their time outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the highest levels, because the music is very loud at night even in the third floor. Don...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

As I write this mail we are working on ensuring our customers get a good night sleep we finding means and ways to reduce the noise levels infact this going to our priority while we renovate the hotel
Also this is further to inofrm you that we have completely made wifi complimentary and is not chargable any more .

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am staying in this hotel for about a month now (on and off) and would say that it is an average hotel for a business trip. I had a company rate and complimentary airport transfer,breakfast and internet which made it easier.That's why it was comfortable.
otherwise all are chargeable

Pros:
BIG rooms,quiet and tea/coffee making facilities are available.
staff and managers very helpful and friendly
Big swimming pool and gym

Cons:
Internet not free
Location not that good, you should walk like 5 mins to reach the main road and get a taxi
Too far from the airport
Breakfast very average. I once saw insects in the muesli.. be careful
Not many choices for the restaurants but almost all are South Asian and spicy food

Overall, it is an average hotel and very good value for price.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the rocky mountains not the pool, they're more quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

As someone who has been working on and off in Muscat for almost 20 years I knew of the hotel, but never been to it until I was booked into it by the company I was working for.
Driving off the main road, gives the impression you are entering a overgrown garden... large trees shade the route and hide all the construction work that is happening all around this hotel.
The hotel itself is very retro in its look..... as it's over 20 years old and in dire need of being upgraded/modernised and that's my first reaction about reception.

The room... Large, high ceiling VERY clean and good size bed.. for one.. not a double room. The en-suite.. looking tired but I didn't have the hot water problems that an earlier poster had.
But there were problems in the room....
Lots of UK type square pin power outlets/sockets.... the kettle, iron and bedside light, all round two pins plugs.... when I asked for something to be done about it, I ended up with two duty managers, housekeeping and one non-english speaking electrician (I use that term very loosely), who proceeded to stick screwdrivers in the sockets to allow the round pins to fit. NOoooo!!
Hotel final solution.... adaptors!!
The in room tea/coffee... one cup... where is the teaspoon? And all this tea/coffee, kettle(with the round pin plug) and cup were hidden behind a very large TV.
Power failures.. two mornings I woke to no power, the circuit breakers had tripped. No idea why!!

Room with a view please? No chance!! The majority of the rooms face into the centre of the hotel which is built in a square,and in the square is the pool, on the SAME level as the dining room/breakfast

The room plus side: Great A/C... just what you needed in Muscat this time of the year. BIG towels in the bathroom, and house keeping clean the room very well.

Noise! YES VERY.... In my corridor I had a party carrying on from 11pm until 5am, when one partier tried to open my door with his head as he fell into my door drunk.
Only after asking security was something done about it, despite CCTV on every floor.. and reception could see what was happening!!

Breakfast.... I like coffee freshly ground and made.. not sure what they were serving, it was being passed as such....
The breakfast food.... let's just simply say.. Not good!!

I did find another restaurant on the 6th floor, advertised as Indian.. open until 3am most, if not every evening, accessible by lift and NOT via reception, from the ground floor what would stop at every floor opening each floor to anyone who had had a good drink and wanted to wander about the hotel.
As for the food, I had lunch there.. well patronised, but not as good as I had hoped as I like Indian food.. a lot!
And at that end of the hotel, it was noisy with the Indian restaurant goers.

Internet: Yes but costs an arm and a leg... but you can use the business centre for free... so why not in your room for free?

The positives.. yes there are some
The 'Rock Bottom Club'... the saving grace of the hotel. Good food, good service, and the steaks are known all over Muscat for being the best. Yes they are!
The live band however... they will never make Pop Idol.... Pitiful....but they will not be there after Ramadan.

The staff.. really nice and friendly, and attentive. Nothing is to much trouble.

The General Manager: VERY positive and always patrolling ...... very approachable and aware of my complaints
When we spoke, he invited me to tell all.... and thanked me for the feedback explaining that if he doesn't know what the problems are he can't fix them.
He also explained that the hotel will be undergoing a makeover very soon... to spruce up those rooms that are tired and in need of attention. The breakfast will be addressed, as will the security, and changes made to the appliances in the rooms.

AS there is planned work about to start, I would call first to see if they have quiet rooms!

Did I enjoy my stay? Not really... lots of little things that spoilt what could have been a good place to stay... the Rock Bottom Club attracts its own type of customers who are not there for the food...the breakfast didn't start my day off as i would have wanted.
But the GM did take on board my comments and promised to make improvements ASAP.

So would I go back again? Yes, but I would leave if there has been no improvements.

Room Tip: there are no sea views, ask for a room away from BOTH lifts.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chichester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by a client whilst working in Muscat for a week at short notice, this was the only hotel with availability, I now know why.

I was disapointed with the noise throughout my stay, with various pumps and equipment working on the roof causing vibrations through the walls causing difficulty in sleeping.

My biggest gripe was the lack of hot water, only on one day was the hot water hot and under pressure, for the rest it was as if the boller was off as the luke warm cold water was all there was with the hot being a luke warm drizzle that would not even spary from the shower head, when a complaint was made nothing was done.

I was on the 6th floor so had none of the music noise that other posters had warned about.

The aircon also had a distinctive damp smell caused through bacteria build up (the same as you get on cars)

The building work on the apartments next door has almost been completed and yes they are completely blocking out any view as they are no more than 2 meters from the room window as a previous post said, there was still some banging starting at 7am though.

The fire doors on the landings do not close creating a major hazard, which reflects the poor building quality and a lack of maintenance, which when pointed to the reception manager was not dealt with.

The wardrobe had only 4 coat hangers, this is rubbish for a business hotel where I need at least 5 for work shirts and then some for other clothes, and then they are the ones that you can't remove as if they were concerned that people were going to steal them!

The bed was comfey and the bedding clean.

All the windows were really dirty in the hotel.

The pool I did not use, but sat in the area on my arrival, appeared murkey and is surrounded by walls being located in the centre of the building.

On a more positive note, I was impressed the range and price of food available in the 'Rock Bottom Cafe' on the ground floor, I found this to be of a very good standard.

As another positive it is only a 5 minute walk to the beach where there are a couple of places to eat.

Overall I don't think the company are aware of how substandard the place is as when you read their in house brochure it says wonderful things about the place, maybe the owners should go take a look once in a while and then compare it to other brands hotels.

If not for the food offerings this would get a one star for me, I spend most of my time travelling for business in budget hotels mainly, and this one failed to even come close to the standard.

You can put as many cleverly angled photo's on a web site as you like but it is the service and hotel standards that count, I have made very few hotel reviews over the past few years of travelling, but feel that I must warn others about this place, maybe even the owners will take note.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Muscat is an expensive city with the local currency doubling the Euro and hotels are no exception, especially in this side of the city.
At €60/night tax incl Ramee is quite a good deal.

My biggest appreciation goes to the reception staff (all young guys from India)
Especially Shushi who was extremely nice since I landed with a terrible 5am flight and despite the clear 2pm check-in policy they managed to get me a room at 10am - but also Anub and the other guys whose names I don't recall.

Not only this but also they upgraded me to a higher level room with king bed despite booking single. This was particularly nice.

I must admit that upon checkin there was one couple who was literally running away because of the noise at night and seconds later another couple complained about construction noise beginning at 8am - I was very scared so I asked to have a higher level room and I was assigned a room on the 5th floor.

Keeping in mind I was there over the weekend and my room was directly overlooking a construction site, I have to admit I heard nothing at all - except the owner of a Lamborghini who had to make everyone aware of his presence when he arrived at the club downstairs.

Breakfast is nothing to write home about - my biggest complaint is that there never seemed to be strawberry jam but only pineapple lol

Big plus for me, in the room you have PLENTY tea and coffee and water boiler.

Location is great, a road away from corniche noise yet a quick walk.
I personally enjoyed daily walks from the hotel all the way to intercontinental beach.

You have Starbucks 5 minutes away.
Qurum beach isn't amazing and there is no private beach where you can grab a chair.
If you want a lovely experience go to Qantab beach and spend the day as a guest at the Diving center.

Will definitely go back to Ramee.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Ramee Guestline Hotel Qurum? Share your experiences!