“Excellent Food ...Wonderful Sun Dome” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Muscat, Oman
“Excellent Food ...Wonderful Sun Dome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The place is just very cozy and relaxed , with ample sunshine from the dome above and the wall full of chalk written menu and specialls to the very amiable staff.

The food is always good , I have tried the mushroom soup which was one of the best I had in Muscat ...I also tried the haloumi sandwich and the cheese and sundried tomato. The deserts are one of the main specialties and can satisfy all tastes , very good value and very pleasant to be.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“What a great find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I first heard of Mani's through a colleague who kept going on and on about the food.... This is probably the best breakfast that you will have in Muscat! The spicy tomato eggs are egg-celent, the French toast is perfectly made with rustic bread and just the right amount of crunch vs. softness....

If you happen to be there for lunch, go for their hot and sour soup followed by one of their great sandwiches (I'm not even a fan of sandwiches). Mani's will surprise you every time!

Finish off your meal with some of the best home made cakes and desserts! I usually go for the carrot cake. It's moist, perfectly balanced in terms of quantity of icing against the amount of cake, and is not too sweet... Enjoy

Muscat, Oman
“Good food and super family friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went to Mani's for breakfast and the food was good. What impressed me even more though was the fact that they have a cabinet full of books and toys to keep kids entertained. My 17 month old was busy, silent and in his high chair the entire time. The menu options seem great too, would love to go back and try more.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Doha, Qatar
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were inspired to visit this cafe after reading a review in a newspaper, and were glad we did. This isn't the most scenic of Muscat's eating joints - it's in a strip mall and the view is of a car park - but the food and service more than make up for it.

We visited twice in one weekend. The breakfast menu is extensive and offers the usual eggs and other offerings, but a couple of twists including spicy eggs served scrambled and in its own heated serving dish. Both of us ordered eggs, which were perfectly cooked. We shred the greek yoghurt which was a little sweet for me but the fresh fruit juices were perfect.

Lunch is when the menu gets interesting - I tried chicken skewers and tabbouli. This was five tender and juicy chicken kebabs each marinated in different spices including tandoori. The tabboui was studded with pomegranite and the perfect accompaniment.

My sidekick had the blackboard special of beet, chicken and grain salad and reported it was tasty and fresh.

Freshly baked cakes including a creamy cherry cheesecake round out the food on offer. The only drawback was the coffee, which was a little bitter. Maybe the illy coffee machine needs a clean.

Make the effort to find this place - it offers tasty, inventive and fresh cafe staples with cheerful service.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Our new favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We've now been to Mani's twice, once for breakfast and once for lunch. Everything we've had has been excellent, and the service is very friendly and accommodating as well.

We went for breakfast on our first visit. The omelette was great, the poached eggs on spinach with halloumi were delicious (and the eggs were poached perfectly) and the pancakes were amazing. Everything was top notch. We went recently for lunch, and again, had a great experience. My husband loved his beet and lentil salad - a large portion but very light and fresh. My chicken skewers were great, a mix of tandoori, grilled and mint skewers, along with a side of fresh tabbouleh with pomegranate, and we split a bowl of pumpkin soup that I will have to go back and have again! Service was very good as well - since we were sharing the soup, the server went ahead and split it into two smaller bowls for us, and they accommodated a special request for grilled cheese sandwiches for our kids, which weren't on the menu. They even brought over some toys for our toddler when he started to get fussy. We took a slice of the banana cake and chocolate cake home and they were both wonderful. They have a gluten free chocolate cake also, along with many other yummy looking treats!

We love Mani's, and I have a feeling we will become regulars!

• Visited October 2013