“Time warp” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Muscat

You added Grand Hyatt Muscat to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Muscat
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Shatti Al Qurum Diplomatic District | PO Box 951, Muscat 133, Oman   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Muscat
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Time warp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Visited the hotel after almost ten years and very little had changed. Still a grand hotel with an ornate lobby and large spacious rooms. Yet there is a sense of being past it's prime especially in terms of the room decor.

Apart from that the staff were very gracious and the Italian restaurant very good though pricey. Excellent breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt M, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear keasdad,
I would like to sincerely thank you for your valued review. We're very happy to know that you have chosen to return to Grand Hyatt Muscat after 10 years. We have tried our utmost best to preserve the authentic Arabian feel even after so many years.

Many thanks once again and I hope you continue to choose to stay at Grand Hyatt Muscat on your next visit to Oman.

Marketing Communications Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is my first time to travel in Oman and I was stay in Grand Hyatt Muscut hotel
Very lovely, Fantastic asmosphere and they gave us so warm welcome!
If you never been here
Should be try to stay here
You will not disappointment!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth B,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. We highly appreciate your positive comments and are thrilled to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Grand Hyatt Muscat.

We hope that you choose to stay with us on your next visit to Oman.

Abu Dhabi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We are staying here from Thursday 3rd June, with three nights earned with my platinum account. I regularly visit one of the Andaz hotels for work. It was the holy month of Ramadan, and all the hotels in the Gulf have summer offers to entice guests.

On arrival at 21:00 we were greeted by a lovely concierge. We made way to the reception desk, and a rather unsmiling person (I believe Miriam). She asked for our names and said, so “you are staying one night”. No I advised and provided our Hyatt confirmation. Hmm she advised, these are individual bookings, and “we will try to put you in the same room each night”.

Reviewers, please note that occupancy in this hotel is exceptionally low right now due to summer and Ramadan. She then said, “So you are checking out on Saturday”.
“No” we confirmed, three nights from Thursday is check out on Sunday.

Platinum member privileges are meant to be as follows (from the web site):
1. Enjoy a preferred room including rooms on higher floors or larger rooms, based on availability upon arrival1
2. Stay connected with complimentary in-room Internet access3
3. Extend your stay until 2:00 p.m. with a late check out request6

I had requested on my booking; 1. non smoking, 2. quiet room, 3. high floor.

We were asked – smoking or non. "Non smoking as per my booking" I confirmed.
We were taken to a room on the 2nd floor (there are 5 floors). It was a smoking room, with a strong smell of smoke. Request one not honoured.

Next to level 3. Next to the outside seating for the only bar that was open. Request two not honoured.

Finally to floor 5, a suite. Above the outside area of the club lounge, however as that was not open due to Ramadan – not an issue. Finally, the higher floor we were hoping for, and no nasty smell of smoke to greet us as we entered the room.

Hyatt, let me ask you this. If you had low occupancy and you know I am a platinum member – and this room was always available. Why, oh why do we need to go through a 40 minute trawl through rooms to get to it? I will remind you of item 1 above on the platinum member “benefits”.

I was not:
• Provided with internet access details (see 2 above), entailing a charge of USD 15 when I logged on. I will need to call down to make sure the charge is waived
• Advised on the facilities that were open, or where they were. I finally found out when we came back downstairs and I asked for a map of the hotel. The gym I will need to locate later for myself
• Offered a late check-out. We were instructed that we would be checking out at 12:00 noon.

I have an issue when service is not good. This is a service industry, and that is what makes the difference to guests. What makes me choose your hotel over another, or one loyalty scheme over another.

I was disappointed on my arrival experience at the Grand Hyatt Muscat.

Room Tip: You may have to go through a number of rooms, to get one that aligns with your booking request.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Hyatt M, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear AbuDhabiTraveller,

Many thanks for your valued feedback. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings during your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Muscat. We value each and every guest staying with us and our loyalty members are of utmost importance.

We will ensure the remarks mentioned by you are discussed with our management to ensure proper training is conducted and to avoid this happening again.

Thank you once more and we hope you do consider returning to Grand Hyatt Muscat on your next visit to Oman.

Arrowtown, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting somewhere to stay in Muscat, and wanting a relaxing time. We spent 3 nights there after a busy time in Uganda. Room, staff, food, just everything was great. Swimming pool was fantastic as well.

Room Tip: Any room i think would be great, and views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Hyatt M, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear annasorsld,

Many thanks for your great feedback. It really is delightful to know that your experience at Grand Hyatt Muscat was nothing less than fantastic.

We hope you choose to stay at Grand Hyatt Muscat on your next visit to Oman.

Antwerp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I took for the first time the 'business club' formula. I can only confirm that the formula is extremely good for a very frequent business traveller. A oasis after a busy business day ! But most important I would like to thank the Ukraine lady of the reception. She made the effort to leave her position to guide me to the 4th floor where the business club is located ... in other words an excellent service and really appreciated !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jan999Antwerp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our Grand Club facilities. As a frequent business traveler, the Grand Club is indeed ideal for quick meals and meetings.

Thank you once again and we will surely inform Maria, our colleague from Front Desk about your valued comment.

Melbourne, Australia
1,521 reviews 1,521 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I visited the hotel after a trip to nearby Sultan Qaboos Mosque. I wasn't a guest but came to check out the opulent interior and ended up staying for a meal in the John Barry Bar. The hotel lobby is rather spectacular with its rotating statue of an arab on horseback and a very modern looking grand piano. The John Barry bar is nautical themed, serves great cocktails and has live music in the evenings. On the walls and in cabinets are artefacts telling the fascinating story to the SS John Barry. A ship which was torpedoed and contained huge quantities of silver - whose destination was unknown.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jolyon67,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you came over especially to visit John Barry Bar. It is indeed one of the most iconic bars in the city. However, we currently do not feature live music in the evenings and hope to bring this back soon.

Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Muscat soon.

Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

this was my first visit to this particular bar, on the recommendation of someone I had met the previous night in another location. The ambience was good, service good, sports on view very varied, including International rugby and at this time the ever present world cup.

A definite for expats of a sporting inclination and good for just socializing anyway.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear YFB2912,

Many thanks for your valued feedback. We highly appreciate the time you have taken to share your review with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Habana Sports Bar and Grand Hyatt Muscat soon.

Marketing Communications Manager

Been to Grand Hyatt Muscat? Share your experiences!