“Brilliant, friendly staff throughout the hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel

You added The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel to your Saves list
The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   North Ghubra 32, Way No. 3215 | 18th November Street, Muscat 133, Oman   |
Hotel packages
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
TEE-OFF IN STYLE
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Muscat
London
“Brilliant, friendly staff throughout the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was travelling with my elderly father who is a bit forgetful at times. I informed the staff and they made a wonderful effort to be friendly and helpful to him and make him feel at home. everyone without exception had our comfort and enjoyment at heart. so thank you for making us feel so welcome. I would definitely return. the hotel facilities etc are amazing and the place is ideal for a peaceful and calm holiday.

Review collected in partnership with GHM Hotels

Chedimuscat, General Manager at The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Screenname40,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your enjoyment of your stay with us. It was indeed a great pleasure being of service to you all, especially your father who the team found utterly charming.

I am so pleased to read that you would like to stay with us again and encourage you to contact me directly using my e-mail address below to make a reservation if you so wish.

With Kindest Regards,

miseli@ghmhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Wow, what a weekend. We loved the Chedi, we stayed there for a weekend getaway and had a deal on booking.com, and every bit of it was fab. The venue is absolutely amazing, Arabic in influence but not overtly, and even though we were in the most basic room it was still lovely, I can only imagine what the suites and villas are like. The long pool is the best pool I have ever seen, and I did a yoga class with a lovely instructor. We based ourselves at the adult pool as the long pool doesn't have shade, and experienced great service and great food at the restaurant there. The breakfast is the best I have seen in a hotel, and in the Middle East that's saying something. We ate at the beach restaurant which gets full as only has a few tables outside, so reserve if you want to eat outside which is worth it for the fire pits. My husband also had a medical issue and had to have an ambulance called, and the hotel were amazing, sending someone with us to the hospital and a car to get us which they didn't charge us for. They also left a fruit basket in the room as a get well present. Obviously as its a five star the food is very expensive and you can't really go anywhere locally for a nice meal, but this is the only draw back, if you're prepared to spend you can have a fabulous time.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room, the ones on the other side have no view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Julia Bahrain,

It gives the team at The Chedi Muscat and I great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. It is our aim to have this affect on all our guests, leaving you relaxed and refreshed.

It is a shame your husband was unwell during your holiday but I hope he is now feeling much better.

We truly hope that you will choose to spend your vacation with us again in the future so that we may pamper you both in luxury.

With Kindest regards from Muscat,

Dubai, UAE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had to go to Muscat for business trip and meetings which we held in the hotel board room. Check in was ok and then walk up to room, via, lift, was not what I expected. Its the middle of summer so corridors very hot as only split A/C units. Room was well appointed but really cold with tiled floors and no carpets. Shower good and Nespresso machine for coffee was nice treat. Beds were comfortable and soft cotton sheets so pleasant sleep. Dinner was nice and relaxing in good ambiance. Breakfast was ok but food is spread out over the restaurant and not the traditional buffet style. Lunch was fine too and good quality. The service in restaurant was good but not so good at the front desk as they spent more attention to their mobile phones than bona fide guests. Guess I got the wrong shift?? I never used any of the facilities so cannot comment on them. All in all the stay was very quiet and perfect for my meetings but would have liked to had an extended check out. As the Lead Organiser who booked the three rooms I was told my check out was 12 noon, and this was an issue. My two colleagues were extended until 4pm and no alternative was offered to me, this was disappointing as I was leaving at 6pm for airport and a shower and change of clothes would have been welcome.

Room Tip: Go for the higher rooms and book online for better deals.
Dear SentosaDubai_UAE,

Thank you kindly for spending the time to give your review of your experience at The Chedi Muscat.

I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations regarding the communication of your late check out. Furthermore I am disappointed to hear that the service you received in the reception was not up to our expected high standards.

Guest feedback such as you have provided, is our most valuable means of monitoring our service and is the only way of achieving and maintaining excellence as it is our goal to provide an exceptional experience each and every time. Rest assured that we will take the appropriate measures to address these issues to avoid any recurrences in the future.

In the future the entire team at The Chedi Muscat would like another opportunity to welcome you back to impress you at every turn.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for a reservation or any additional assistance needed using my e-mail address below.

Again, thank you kindly for your comments, they are invaluable.

Markus Iseli,
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Most fantastic check-in I've ever had! Lovely, accommodating staff. The decor and ambience of the hotel is like being in a spa! Well worth the visit. A proper five-star hotel that I will definitely be returning to!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Aisling C,

We are most grateful for your generously complimentary review and we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the luxurious look and feel of the hotel. We would be honored to welcome you back once again to stay with us with an equally impressive experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally via my e-mail address below to make a reservation at any time.

With Kindest Regards from sunny Muscat,

Dubai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I found the service of this hotel far below expectations, especially when taking into consideration its price level.
There are a few positives, which I am happy to point out as well:
- design is nice and thy makes the fest impression positive. The main restaurant is also having a nice ambiance.
- room size
- amenities provided

Unfortunately, the negatives far outweigh the positives:
- on too many occasions the staff was just plain rude; or at the least I can say very impolite. Some examples: I walked into the restaurant twice. They asked a question about my room and when I answered I got ignored. No mentioning of "welcome" or anything close to that- no the staff just walks away and you will have to guess that you are supposed to follow them to the table. The hostess was too lazy to lift up her feet and just slides her feet over the floor.
- no wifi in restaurant and when my friend came to see me for a chat in the lobby he had to pay OMR 5 for logging in. Seems Chedi has not yet reached 2014 and maybe still lives in 90's.
- many times when I saw a staff walking around I was the one to initiate to do a greeting, but many times I did not even get a reply!
- room cleaning was of bad quality and I found several dirty items from previous guests..one of them too dirty to mention

- the reception and concierge are clueless to what activities one can do in Oman. They did not come much further then "check the souq". There was clearly no interest from their side to provide a great stay. Every question I asked they made me feel as if I am bothering them.

The food is very average and considering the atrocious prices they charges it becomes very unreasonable to dine there. I would be happy to pay for great food, but they charge near Michelin prices for brasserie food.

I must unfortunately say that the Millenium in Muscat provided much better service for 30% of the price.

• Stayed June 2014
Chedimuscat, General Manager at The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Rinstory67,
Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review and share your feelings and observations during your stay at The Chedi Muscat. Guest feedback as such you have provided, is our most valuable means of monitoring our service and is the only way of achieving and maintaining excellence as providing a perfect experience for each and every guest is our goal.

I am glad to note that whilst you enjoyed the design, the main restaurant, the room and the amenities we have provided, I sincerely apologize that in some areas we failed to meet your service level requirement from some of our staff in the restaurant and that you were not delighted with your experience at the reception and concierge. I am very sad you did not come forward while on property which I am confident that a mutual beneficial solution could have been found to turn your stay with us a pleasantly memorable one.

Please be assured that these issues concerning your feedback has been already addressed through a refresher course training for our staff on effective guest interaction.

Once again please accept my sincere apology for disappointing you. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to reverse the impression of your last stay and visit us again in the future.

Beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Simply a wonderful experience.
Food, service, and amenities..
A gracious and well trained staff.
The beach service was exceptional, pools and poolside restaurant.
I cannot wait for my next business trip to Muscat.

Review collected in partnership with GHM Hotels

Chedimuscat, General Manager at The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Carla C,

Thank you for sharing your The Chedi Muscat experience and capturing the entirety of the hotel with your descriptions.

I too, and the rest of the team can’t wait to welcome you back as a member of our growing Returning Guest family in the not so distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The Chedi is absolutely magnificent. We stayed on our honeymoon for 4 nights last week during the Oman summer and Ramadan. Despite being far too hot outside, the hotel and staff were spectacular alike. The rooms, restaurant, pools, gym and gardens are all amazing, and the friendly staff cannot do enough for you in an entirely subtle way. Well worth it. Hire a 4x4 yourself and drive up to the Grand Canyon at Jebel Sharms. Amazing! The Grand Mosque is extraordinary.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sam G,

Thank you very much for your positive and brief review of The Chedi Muscat.

I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurant, stunning pool, gardens and you found our rooms equally amazing.

Our friendly staff will be very proud to be mentioned for their attentive and professional care. It is always good to read when guests have taken full advantage of our facilities as you did during your 4 days stay with us.

Once again Sam G, thank you for sharing your holiday memories with us. I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

miseli@ghmhotels.com

Been to The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel? Share your experiences!