“BEAUTIFUL LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“BEAUTIFUL LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

As our conference was in here so we had to book this property. Its surely Pricey hotel but the location and the property is good. Its approx. 30-40 min away from the airport. Its on one of the famous beaches - Qurum. Taxi to hotel is OM10 but on the way back hotel can arranged at OM8.
Hotel has free shuttle bus to Souq, Grand Mall and Mosque on fix timings.. Surely recommend to take them. Concierge are helpful and efficient, our tour was arranged in no time.
Hotel also offer free wifi in the resorts incl. rooms but the connection is slow and keep cutting all the time.

Rooms need renovation esp the bathrooms. We paid OMR111 per night with breakfast. Check in/out was done my Rahul (hope name is right..indian guy) very efficient and quick. He had answers for all our questions and he did know his sorry and thank you etc cause we checked in after mid night and twin room wasn't available and we were given single room but he arranged for extra bed right away in the room and he guaranteed us that we will shifted to twin room next day which was done.

Breakfast is surely recommended as they have wide spread. We tried all their outlets in 5 days stay and all were good beside Come Prima Italian. The service was very slow and no staff to take orders. Staff of the Restaurant if I'm not mistaken her name was Kalpana was giving us stares like we were aliens as we didn't do reservation. We were hotel guests and I didn't think we need to prebook as it was normal dinner for us as we didn't wanted room service. We were not underdress for the restaurant dinning but don't know we (my fren and me) both got the vibes as she didn't wanted to give us the table despite of having many tables empty but we managed to get the table and the service was very slow.
We tried Lounge and the Pool bar and both was nice and quick. I think hotel is surely short of staff in restaurants as we felt we had to wait for long time in lounge too, to order and for other things.
The minus point of all the hotels in Middle east, if their housekeeping is Indian, that they don't know how to wait, they expect us to fly and open the room in 1 bell. They will ring 1 bell and then not a pause of 2-3 second and then 2,3 and on on within 1 min. They don't even allow a gap which is some time very irritating. I had this same experience in Crown Plaza Bahrain too.. Management need to give training on this.

Overall its nice property. Just renovation/upgrade is required for rooms and bathrooms are surely outdated, if we get chance to visit Muscat again then will surely stay with them , if the prices are bit low too.

Room Tip: Pool and seaview is surely better then parking view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Adam B, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write such thorough review about your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Muscat. We do boast great location with beautiful views and I am delighted that you enjoyed it. I am also very pleased to note your positive feedback on food and beverage offerings and the efficiency of the staff. Currently we are in the process of renovating our guestroom bathrooms over the summer period in an effort to provide an up to date product for to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed in Crowne Plaza Muscat for 7 nights. It is good hotel by all mean. Staff are friendly and make you feel valued customer. I have enjoyed dealing with reception special Hossam El Attia. He was helpful and pleasant.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Adam B, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Muscat and for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor. I am very delighted to read that our staff was friendly and and made you feel like a valued customer. This is the kind of experience we work diligently to provide for all our guests and I am very happy to see that reflect in your stay. I will be sure to pass on your kind comment to the above name mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Muscat soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Having visited Muscat frequently over the past 17 years for business and pleasure I opted for a hotel that surprisingly I had never used before. Given that it was a hotel from the IHG group I had no issues suggesting the Crowne Plaza to my travel agent, however I was very surprised at the price I was charged, as my next choice (Radisson Blu) was almost a third of what I paid for the Crowne Plaza.

Rooms are not so big, and probably could do with a makeover, but at least there was free internet, probably the only perk I received for being a Gold Ambassador.

Breakfast was reasonable, with a decent buffet and I ate dinner in the pub as it was still reasonably cool in the evening for myself and a colleague to eat outside. The staff there were very pleasant and the service was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share you feedback about your recent stay. I am very pleased to note your positive feedback on our staff and services. We do apologise for not meeting your expectations. Currently we are in the process of renovating our guestroom bathrooms over the summer period in an effort to provide an up to date product for to all our guests.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We chose to spend three nights at the Crowne Plaza because it was closer to town and we wanted to explore before going to the Shangri-La for four days of beach relaxing. We should have spent the whole time at the Crowne Plaza. Although the beach is not as nice, the service at the Crowne Plaza was way, way better and everything at the hotel was more affordable too. When we arrived, we were upgraded. When we had a problem with our dive company and the local taxis, the hotel helped sort it out and covered the costs of the extra taxis. The housekeeping staff gave us little extras. The free shuttles to the sights was useful. It was all very nice.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a room on the ground floor that opened directly onto the lawn. Take one at the e...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for choosing Crowne Plaza Muscat and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. I am very happy to read that that you appreciated the service and found it to be excellent. We work very hard to provide this kind of service to all our guests and I am very pleased you had a good stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Perched on the bluff with a nice view, this was a great spot. Our flight left late in the evening and the staff was kind about letting us store our luggage and use the pool, beach, and showers after we checked out. Naturally we ate and drank at their poolside restaurants which were perfectly fine. It was a lovely and luxurious way to end our trip.

Room Tip: Loved having a beach view, didn't feel a need for a balcony with the pool and beach right there.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
It was a pleasure having you and thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. It is pleasing to know that you enjoyed your stay and found it to be “lovely and luxurious”. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Limassol, Cyprus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed in a double bedroom with a friend for three nights in my first visit in Oman. My choise was based primarily on the price and the location since I wasn't familiar with the city.I have booked the hotel via a travel agency and the rate looked reasonable, provided that I chose a relatively famous chain hotel. The first impression at the reception was that the hotel was old.

I was offered an extremely small city view bedroom. The room was not totally refurbished to date- especially the bathroom ( wooden sliding door and no ventilation). The most dissapointing was the presentation of the breakfast and the cleanliness of the breakfast room that it was on the same floor with the pool. I noticed that there were some flies and some of the food china was not completely clean and that made me feel a bit dissapointed.

I would recommend it only for a short stay because of its location (beach hotel with good see view and close to the corniche)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to note your positive comment on our location. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations and for the inconvenience caused. Currently we are in the process of renovating our guestroom bathrooms over the summer period in an effort to provide an up to date product for to all our guests.

I have passed your comments onto Management for careful review and consideration. Please do not hesitate to contact me on adam.beadon@ihg.com for any additional feedback or future assistance. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

When selecting a hotel in Muscat I read several reviews "around" the town and decided on the Crowne Plaza and I am glad I did

The location is the first point to comment - on a bluff with not only great views but close to everything you need to be close to!

I didn't meet anyone (guests or staff that weren't happy to be there - speaking of the staff - what hospitality and service - I have stayed at many "higher rated" hotels around the world and would have difficulty identifying the level of service between them and the CP

They truly make this hotel and my stay a very pleasant one that I didn't want return home :)

I upgraded and used the lounge, which as a single female travelling alone proved to be a bonus - a place to relax and enjoy and not be hassled..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Adam B, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Muscat and we appreciate you taking the time to share your kind and positive review. I am very pleased to note your positive remarks about our hospitality and services and I am delighted that we were able to make your stay a very pleasant and relaxing one. We look forward to welcoming you back to Muscat and Crowne Plaza in the future.

Been to Crowne Plaza Muscat? Share your experiences!