Unlike what some reviewers have said about the Crowne Plaza Hotel, my husband and I thought it was excellent value for money. On arrival we were offered the opportunity to upgrade from a standard room only deal to the Qurum Club Lounge deal which meant a large room with a sea view, an extremely comfortable bed, the morning paper and the most fantastic meals all included in the price. The breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea were all superb (I really wanted to take home the orange juice maker!) but the happy hour (actually two hours) from 6pm to 8pm was exceptional, with unlimited drinks (beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks etc) and the most sublime hot canapés, beautifully presented salads, cheeses and cold meats. This whole package was cheaper per night than the one meal we had in the Iranian restaurant on the ground floor. The waitresses in the Club Lounge were delightful, very attentive and friendly. We wondered why so few people had opted for this deal as it you couldn't fault it.
Away from the Club Lounge the reception staff were courteous and helpful. The private beach was spotless, being swept early each morning. The hotel is in a prime location with great views over Muscat, the sea and close to one of the stops for the "must do" open top bus tour of Muscat. All in all we cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Muscat Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Muscat Hotel Muscat
- Muscat Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Muscat is magnificently nestled at the tip of Qurum Beach with breathtaking panoramic views of the Gulf of Oman. The Crowne Plaza Muscat is ideally located a short 5 minute drive from the shopping area of Qurum, 15 minute drive from Muttrah Souk, 20 minute drive from Seeb International airport, and a 10 minute drive from the government and diplomatic districts. Set in 10 acres of lush landscaped gardens within the prestigious 'Qurum Heights' area of Muscat, the Crowne Plaza Muscat's leisure facilities offer you the ideal mix of relaxation and workout after a busy day at the office. The facilities include floodlit tennis courts, swimming pool, children's pool, squash courts, a fully equipped fitness centre and a private beach. The Crowne Plaza Muscat offers 200 elegantly appointed rooms ideal for both corporate and leisure guests. Choices of dining experiences are available in the hotels restaurants. Tropicana offering International selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Shiraz the only authentic Persian restaurant in Oman and Come Prima with pure Italian delights. Each offers outdoor dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Muscat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.