“Skip Dubai” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Muscat
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Skip Dubai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

1st time in Oman and i must say what a destination.
The CP is ideally loacted at the end of the beach peninsula with its own access down to the beach. Its only a short taxi ride to the markets or the opera house ( around £5) The hotel and staff are fantasic , we had an upgraded room which faced the sea, the rooms are clean and bright with all mod cons ( even a phone by the toilet) WiFI and TV all good. The buffet and food selection are out of this world...breakfast becomes a huge meal in its self...we did try the night time buffet at around £40 each and initally was a little hestitant due to the price, but when we viewed the food we soon found the nearest table...lobester/giant prawn ( i mean giant) Oysters/ smoked samolon. the hotel boasts 3 differnt resturants and a Irish Bar in the lobby with all the latest sports chaannels on offer. Muscat and Oman are generally laid back with the locals making the tourist fell very welcome, Get their quick...

Room Tip: Sea facing room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam B, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post you kind comments on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to see that you had such a wonderful stay at the hotel enjoying the beach, views and great food & beverage options. Oman is a truly unique destination with a lot to offer for travelers. We hope you choose to return to visit Oman in the near future and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Muscat.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Arabic first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

What is there not to enjoy about his hotel? The answer is simple...absolutely nothing! Apart from the stunning location overlooking its own private beach, the quality and standard of the rooms, the choice and range of delicious food, the most impressive thing of all has to be the customer service. Nothing is ever too much trouble for the hotel staff who always have a genuine smile and and desire to do everything they can...whether it's the reception staff, the pool staff, the pool bar staff or the managers. Well done to you all. Looking forward to coming back soon....and although I will still be working, this time I will even bring the wife with me!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Adam B, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind comments. We strive to provide the highest level of service for all our guests and I am pleased to see you experienced this during your stay. We certainly look forward to welcoming you along with your wife back to the Crowne Plaza Muscat.
zurich, switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I've been in the Crowne Plaza 4 times, and I plan to go there .... for the rest of my life!! You are s welcome by the staff, who satisfy all your needs, answer all your questions and make your vacation a paradise event! I have nothing to complain about!! The very last time I was there in September 2013 was just a perfect holiday, so that - as always but even more this time - I couldn't resign to come back home. I had quietness, beautiful scenery, peace, good sleep, good food, it was an amazing vacation as always. And so... prepare to see me back next year!!

Room Tip: Rooms on sea view are quieter, and no AC noise. Better not choose a city view on a low level, unless...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for your wonderful review, I am very happy to see that we are your preferred hotel for all your trips to Muscat. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Here on Gulf business trip. Stayed here in April 2013, so used it again. Firstly, as somebody who likes a beer, you can drink. Be aware some hotels in Muscat are dry.

Staff are great, no fuss, however very accomodating with a ready smile. Hotel seems to have two sides to if, left and right of reception desk. I have been put both times on left. Rooms are dated and need upgrade, although, beds, linens, etc, are fine.

There is a new club lounge to the right of reception, which got me thinking the rooms on that side might well have been updated. Now as a Platinum member, I was a little miffed when I spotted this. I booked the Executive Club Package, and was told we've upgrade you to a suite. Great you may say, and without my comment above, I'd agree. However, I was put in 501, next to 502 where I stayed last time, and other than giving me a load of space, it was very dated.

As regards food, I've eaten in both the Italian and Iranian restaurants last time, and the food is fine. Because it was late, I went in the bar, which had a good crowd in with great selection of European beers.

I ordered fillet steak, medium, and sent it back twice. First time it was well done and the waiter spilt my sauce all over the plate, which at £25 made the presentation look £5 from Greasy Joes. Second time, again overcooked, and I think they gave me my fries and veg back because both were cold. Third time. Veg, fries and pepper sauce were fine, steak again cooked well done. Now as I began this princess around 9:30pm, and it was now 11:15pm, I gave up and ate it.

Overall, I will still use the CP in December as it does beer, and has nice views, I just hope if I book the Executive room, I get the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced in the Bar, I have passed your comments onto Management for careful review and consideration. With regards to our rooms we currently are undergoing bathroom refurbishments on the same wing as the new Qurum Club Lounge. For any future stays please do not hesitate to contact me on adam.beadon@ihg.com as we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Muscat.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Crowne plaza was a great choice to stay while visiting Muscat. You get some really nice views especially during sunset. The whole atmosphere is quite relaxing. Staff was friendly and helpful.The room was nice and clean. I have really enjoyed the fact that you have access to a private beach. Would definetely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for the posting your kind review and recommendation. The views are great with some of the best sunsets being seen from the hotel grounds and I am glad you got to experience them along with our friendly service. We hope you choose to return to the Crowne Plaza in the not too distant future.
dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

A great choice for a business stay. Excellent food (breakfast and other buffet times) - with a spectacular view of the sea. Rooms are really comfortable and, even on a late summer evening, it's possible to sit outside because of the breeze that goes with the location. It's not the cheapest choice in Muscat - but worth considering, if only for an evening visit (rather than a stay) - to enjoy the super choice of buffet food - and stunning night time view.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to read that you got to try the breakfast along with the other food & beverage offerings we have on offer complimented by the wonderful views. We hope you to choose to return to stay with us s we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Muscat.
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Always fresh & creative with excellent value. The variety & quality of the Buffet are outstanding, The views are the best in town,that's why we keep on visiting this superb place.
Irecomment it to all visitor that are seeking total quality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to see that you continue to choose to return to stay with us in Muscat and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muscat
Al Bustan Palace, a Ritz-Carlton Hotel
4.0 of 5 stars 701 reviews
Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb
InterContinental Hotel Muscat
Radisson Blu Hotel, Muscat

Been to Crowne Plaza Muscat? Share your experiences!