“My second home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Muscat
zurich, switzerland
“My second home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I've been in the Crowne Plaza 4 times, and I plan to go there .... for the rest of my life!! You are s welcome by the staff, who satisfy all your needs, answer all your questions and make your vacation a paradise event! I have nothing to complain about!! The very last time I was there in September 2013 was just a perfect holiday, so that - as always but even more this time - I couldn't resign to come back home. I had quietness, beautiful scenery, peace, good sleep, good food, it was an amazing vacation as always. And so... prepare to see me back next year!!

Room Tip: Rooms on sea view are quieter, and no AC noise. Better not choose a city view on a low level, unless...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Adam B, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Many thanks for your wonderful review, I am very happy to see that we are your preferred hotel for all your trips to Muscat. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Here on Gulf business trip. Stayed here in April 2013, so used it again. Firstly, as somebody who likes a beer, you can drink. Be aware some hotels in Muscat are dry.

Staff are great, no fuss, however very accomodating with a ready smile. Hotel seems to have two sides to if, left and right of reception desk. I have been put both times on left. Rooms are dated and need upgrade, although, beds, linens, etc, are fine.

There is a new club lounge to the right of reception, which got me thinking the rooms on that side might well have been updated. Now as a Platinum member, I was a little miffed when I spotted this. I booked the Executive Club Package, and was told we've upgrade you to a suite. Great you may say, and without my comment above, I'd agree. However, I was put in 501, next to 502 where I stayed last time, and other than giving me a load of space, it was very dated.

As regards food, I've eaten in both the Italian and Iranian restaurants last time, and the food is fine. Because it was late, I went in the bar, which had a good crowd in with great selection of European beers.

I ordered fillet steak, medium, and sent it back twice. First time it was well done and the waiter spilt my sauce all over the plate, which at £25 made the presentation look £5 from Greasy Joes. Second time, again overcooked, and I think they gave me my fries and veg back because both were cold. Third time. Veg, fries and pepper sauce were fine, steak again cooked well done. Now as I began this princess around 9:30pm, and it was now 11:15pm, I gave up and ate it.

Overall, I will still use the CP in December as it does beer, and has nice views, I just hope if I book the Executive room, I get the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced in the Bar, I have passed your comments onto Management for careful review and consideration. With regards to our rooms we currently are undergoing bathroom refurbishments on the same wing as the new Qurum Club Lounge. For any future stays please do not hesitate to contact me on adam.beadon@ihg.com as we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Muscat.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Crowne plaza was a great choice to stay while visiting Muscat. You get some really nice views especially during sunset. The whole atmosphere is quite relaxing. Staff was friendly and helpful.The room was nice and clean. I have really enjoyed the fact that you have access to a private beach. Would definetely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for the posting your kind review and recommendation. The views are great with some of the best sunsets being seen from the hotel grounds and I am glad you got to experience them along with our friendly service. We hope you choose to return to the Crowne Plaza in the not too distant future.
dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

A great choice for a business stay. Excellent food (breakfast and other buffet times) - with a spectacular view of the sea. Rooms are really comfortable and, even on a late summer evening, it's possible to sit outside because of the breeze that goes with the location. It's not the cheapest choice in Muscat - but worth considering, if only for an evening visit (rather than a stay) - to enjoy the super choice of buffet food - and stunning night time view.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to read that you got to try the breakfast along with the other food & beverage offerings we have on offer complimented by the wonderful views. We hope you to choose to return to stay with us s we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Muscat.
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Always fresh & creative with excellent value. The variety & quality of the Buffet are outstanding, The views are the best in town,that's why we keep on visiting this superb place.
Irecomment it to all visitor that are seeking total quality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to see that you continue to choose to return to stay with us in Muscat and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Limassol, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This has been the hotel that I have regularly (roughly three times a year) used when visiting Muscat on business. It may now be time for a change - the hotel seems increasingly tilted towards the vacation trade.

While the staff remain friendly and helpful, the rooms in general still leave something to be desired - more like a 3* property. On this visit in particular the room was very small but at around 04.00 in the morning, I was too tired to seek a move. If a couple were travelling together, divorce might result! At it was, the wardrobe and drawer space was very limited and insufficient to hold the contents of my two cases. While there were plenty of TV channels on offer, neither CNBC or Blooberg was available. On the plus side I was able to set enough time aside to use the gym a couple of times - it is spacious and well equipped although using the headphones was not easy given the length of cord and the placement of the relevant socket. Breakfast as always was good although some grapefriut juice would be welcome. The only other outlet I used was Duke's Bar - decent food and a nice open terrace when the weather is appropriate.

Room Tip: Make sure that you find out the room size in advance - some rooms are very small with limited drawer...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Rory K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note your positive feedback on our hotel staff, fitness facility and breakfast service. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, it seem that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to room accommodation and amenities. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and you can be confident that the hotel will take necessary actions to improve our guests experience.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

What is better than having a bit of a holiday feeling when you're on a business trip. This hotel is located at the seaside. Nobody seems to enjoy the water of the sea, though. The pool was used more extensively. The bar had a terrace overlooking the pool, making it a pleasant place to be in the hot Muscat evenings. Service is a bit slow, though. There are some good restaurants in the hotels as well. The rooms are a bit outdated, but ok. I would not mind returning to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you had a relaxed feeling at the hotel and got to enjoy some of our food & beverage offerings coupled with the great views. I have passed on your comments to management for review and consideration and we certainly do hope you choose to stay with us in the future when visiting Muscat.

Been to Crowne Plaza Muscat? Share your experiences!