We stayed for the Eid holidays from 8th Aug and checked out on the 12th Aug.
The not so good:
We (two couples) had booked 2 standard double rooms for 3 nights stay at the hotel. And what a huge disappointment when we entered the room (rooms 307 adn 308). The room was cramped - we felt like staying in a room meant for single occupancy. And there was the smell of dampness, and dust seemed to be suspended in the air. We voiced our concern the next day, and, to our relief, the room was thoroughly cleaned, much to our satisfaction, accompanied by a regret letter !
We met one Mr. Ali who was quite kind to hear our greivances, but there was nothing that could be done about the room. A lesson for us to check out the size of the room in advance. The hotel is also in renovation and we were informed that once it was over, there would be good sized rooms available.
When we wanted to extend for a day more, Ms. Neil, upgraded us to the executive room, at the rate of the standard double room (no additional cost) and the room was far superior and met our expectations.
Apart from that, the flush does not seem to be in good condition as the sewage water seeps in and discolours it (even in the executive room). A smell persists and this does not befit a 4 star hotel.
There are minor faults like small stains on doors patched ceilings and rusted (and showing) corners in the bathroom.
This hotel has a stunning view and an excellent private beach. Not to mention the pool facilities. Do spend some time at the beach should you stay at the hotel.
The service was prompt and good and we were always greeted by the hotel staff wherever we met. Hospitality was overwhelming.
The hotel arranged a nice cake and fruit accompaniments for a surprise birthday celebrations and delivered to us at midnight ! Very nice gesture indeed.
We did not use the dining facilities in the hotel and so cannot comment on that.
Nice hotel and worth a stay for its view, service, friendly staff and the beach. This is perfect if you are ok with small double rooms or perhaps a single traveller, but if you are the type that prefers a larger room, check out the room size first.
The third friend who came with us for the trip stayed in Tulip Inn at Khawair and he got a one bedroom apartment at less than the standard double room rate at the CP, Muscat.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Muscat Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Muscat Hotel Muscat
- Muscat Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Muscat is magnificently nestled at the tip of Qurum Beach with breathtaking panoramic views of the Gulf of Oman. The Crowne Plaza Muscat is ideally located a short 5 minute drive from the shopping area of Qurum, 15 minute drive from Muttrah Souk, 20 minute drive from Seeb International airport, and a 10 minute drive from the government and diplomatic districts. Set in 10 acres of lush landscaped gardens within the prestigious 'Qurum Heights' area of Muscat, the Crowne Plaza Muscat's leisure facilities offer you the ideal mix of relaxation and workout after a busy day at the office. The facilities include floodlit tennis courts, swimming pool, children's pool, squash courts, a fully equipped fitness centre and a private beach. The Crowne Plaza Muscat offers 200 elegantly appointed rooms ideal for both corporate and leisure guests. Choices of dining experiences are available in the hotels restaurants. Tropicana offering International selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Shiraz the only authentic Persian restaurant in Oman and Come Prima with pure Italian delights. Each offers outdoor dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Crowne Plaza Muscat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.