“Good Steak Dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 33 hotels in Muscat
Muscat, Oman
“Good Steak Dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was most pleasantly surprised when we ordered the steak dinner, it includes half a bottle of wine. The steak was probably the best I have had in Muscat and I am a self confessed carnivore. The mash potatoes were lovely and it was a throughly enjoyed meal. I would definitely recommend popping in for a steak.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam B, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see you had such a lovely meal and it meet all you expectations. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

634 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I gave my husband a treat on his birthday and organised to scuba dive in Oman. We were recommended the Crown Plaza. The room is pretty standard and in keeping with a 4 star hotel but we had the best meal at the Italian restaurant and the quality of food from the room service menu. The reception staff were great in helping us organise my husband's birthday dinner. I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza and will return whenever we go to Oman.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your kind review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you chose to stay with us during you visit to Oman, the food & beverage is certainly very good. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Muscat in the near future.
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for a week on business with the last couple of days pleasure. The highlight of this hotel is the views of the Gulf. The service in the reception area is friendly and efficient. The food in the hotel is good (ate at three of the restaurants) but service in Dukes bar can be slow. The breakfast selection is great and there was an extremely helpful hostess there (Ami). The same restaurant has buffets on the evening, often with fresh cooking and both the food and service are good. I used the fitness facility and they have a well equipped gym. The outside pool is great with grassy areas around and easy access down some stairs to a well kept private beach. On the down side both the rooms and common areas are a bit shabby and the place could do with renovation. Good free wifi. Overall a positive experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor include a balcony overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. The views over the Gulf are certainly great from the either the hotels food & beverage terrace or the guest bedrooms. I am pleased that you had a great overall stay and got to try out the many options available to guests. We hope you choose to stay with us for your next trip and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Muscat.
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is located on a hill overlooking the Gulf of Oman. It has a decent pool, 2 tennis courts and a pingpong table (the ball was broken, though). The hotel welcomes you wiith a free drink which you can avail of at the hotel's cool bar in the evening.

For all its pluses, it is an old hotel and badly needs a major renovation. If one plans to go around Muscat, the hotel is not strategically located. The Dollar car rental agency is lousy. The taxi cabs waiting at the hotel charge higher rates than the regular cabs.

While breakfast choices were varied, it was not excellent in taste and I give it a '3'.

I'll most probably book in another hotel during my next business trip to Muscat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear FMD88528,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Muscat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great atmosphere in the bar and you can see at least one of the televisions from where ever you are seated if your interested in sports.
Friendly efficient staff and we didn't have to wait long for the food.
The club sandwich was excellent, the baked potato and beans were delicious unfortunately I only got 15 beans!! The sausages were delicious but the small scoop of mashed potato was insufficient.
Compared to other hotels in the area the drinks are reasonable priced.
You can either eat inside or on the terrace over looking the gardens and sea.
Lots of car park spaces in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet chat with your friends sit in one of the booths.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal at Dukes Bar, the atmosphere and views from the terrace are great complimented by good food. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a highly enjoyable long weekend staying at this hotel. The staff make this hotel; they are friendly, accommodating and will tend to your every need. All of the staff from the cleaners to the management are pleasant and welcoming.
The food in all of the restaurants is good to very good, the cleanliness of the rooms is excellent and the location is to die for.
The state of decor and cleanliness of the swimming pool let this hotel down.The rooms (especially the bathrooms) are in need of a refurbishment and the pool should be cleaned more regularly (everyday).
This was a great break and I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I would have given it 5 stars if they cleaned the pool, as the service is better than most 5 star hotels I have visited.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for your kind review on TripAdvisor. Our staff strive to provide the best service possible complimented by the hotels great location and facilities. We are currently undergoing bathroom refurbishments to ensure the hotel remains as up to date as possible. We hope you choose to return to stay with us as we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Cheshire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have to stay in Muscat regularly on business and I am struggling to find a quality hotel in a good location for a reasonable price. The location of the hotel is almost perfect at Qurm Heights for my work and views. I arrived from my flight at 10:30 and was relieved to be allowed to check in and go to bed. Construction noise all day (at a weekend) wasn't welcome at all. The room was dated and the bathroom wasn't particularly clean - old facilities need more attention! The grout around the bath was orange - I really hate that!
The pool area is OK, but the loungers were not 100% clean - one rusty coloured (well worn) towel each handed over once you signed the pool disclaimer. Maybe a little more generosity with towels would reduce lounger staining.
One thing that I always find inexcusable are dirty tiles around the pool. The top two rows of tiles were damaged and really quite dirty. Cleaning these should be part of a daily routine and replacing just a few rows really would make such a difference.
I only spent a couple of hours during the day around the pool - a child vomited (over eating popcorn) in the pool and the parents just watched nonchalantly and expected a pool attendant to do the necessary! I just had to blank this from my mind as I went for my daily evening swim - usually after 20:00 - when I had the pool to myself.
Lovely complimentary cocktail one evening.
I ate on the terrace once which was very nice and then room service once which was fine.
I will return in a couple of weeks and just accept that hotels are expensive in Muscat and that my budget doesn't run to the best!
Apparently consent has been given for 150+ new hotels to be built in Muscat - pull your socks up now IHG!

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear eld1969,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

I am very disappointed to hear about your experiences. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and as such, I apologize if the cleanliness in your room and in our pool area affected your overall experience.

Your concern is definitely not up to our standards and we assure you that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHG Care
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Crowne Plaza Muscat? Share your experiences!