“Nice, cozy hotel near Frankfurt” 4 of 5 stars

Zeller-Hotel+Restaurant
Aschaffenburger Strasse 2, 63796 Kahl am Main, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kahl am Main
philadelphia, pa
“Nice, cozy hotel near Frankfurt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is located in a small town with a few things to do within walking distance. My upgraded room was spacious with all the necessary amenities. The restaurant on the premises is excellent. The breakfast that was included in the rate was very good. The conference facilities were very comfortable and the food service was great. There is a gym and pool that are worth visiting.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room for a much larger room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Really nice hotel with very friendly, professional, attentive staff. The room was very clean and had everything necessary for my overnight stay. I found the bed comfortable although the pillows were a little too soft for me but I still slept well. The terrace is lovely to sit and enjoy a drink and the food in the restaurant was excellent. I had the vegetarian ricotta-herb ravioli which was delicious and my colleagues both had fillet steak which they thoroughly enjoyed. There is a gym and pool, which I did not use, but colleagues have used the facilities before and found them to be of a good standard. Fantastic choice at the breakfast buffet which really sets you up for the day. Smooth check-out and again, very helpful attentive staff. Would not hesitate to go back to this hotel, in fact I hope my company send me back again soon :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelZeller, Geschäftsführer at Zeller-Hotel+Restaurant, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions and experiences.

It is a pleasure for us the read that you have enjoyed your stay.

We are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

Best regards,

Alexandra Schleunung
Managing Director
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is an extremely nice mid budget hotel. The restaurant is excellent. The rooms are a good size for europe and very clean. The pool and gym are also very good. The only downsides to the hotel is the lack of kettle/coffee machine in the rooms - there is also no coffee takeaway at the hotel and the restaurant is closed in the afternoons, so it can be an issue. Also the Internet speed was extremely slow. It could take minutes to load a page and some things would not load at all. As well, sometimes, the hot water was not overlly hot. I found the beds somewhat hard, but others in my group preferred that - so it depends on your point of view. Over all, a very good hotel. I will be staying again.

Room Tip: The heavy doors at the beginning of the hallways can be quite noisy, so it is best to ask for a room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HotelZeller, Geschäftsführer at Zeller-Hotel+Restaurant, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure for us the read that you have enjoyed your stay. We have discussed your comments with our colleagues and will now open our restaurant for snacks and drinks in the afternoon. In regards to the internet, we are already in negotiations to offer our guests a better connection as soon as possible.

We are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

Best regards,

Alexandra Schleunung
Managing Director
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I was not sure what to expect with this hotel. It is much larger than it seems in their website. However, even though the hotel was very full, it was quiet. I even slept with the windows open and was lulled to sleep by the water fountain. I also had a view if the pool and the garden. Next time I am bringing a swim suit!
The service was fantastic! Everyone was considerate and forthcoming. Something that is rare in Germany. Special wishes were fulfilled and I got exactly the type if room I wanted. The room was modern and really clean. The only flaw was the matress, which was on the hard side and the sheet that was used. It was too small and kept sliding out from under the matress.
The breakfast and lunch were also very good! Above and beyond your average hotel breakfast. I can completely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Zeller-Hotel+Restaurant? Share your experiences!