“Never again!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
carmarthen
“Never again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Unfortunately, we went here to celebrate my wifes birthday and our wedding anniversary after being recommended to us. There were 5 in our party and we had 4 different menu choices between us. Not one of us were happy with our meals, welsh black very chewy, veal tasteless, pork chewy and polenta cake plus vegetables were not up to much, bread was dry and rock solid (even our dog in the car would not eat the bread!!) Chips were very dry, when they eventually arrived and for what we got it was way too pricey. When the waitress asked if we enjoyed our meals we explained how we felt, but there was no apology (I think she was very inexperienced and did not know how to react with a complaint) We obviously will not go there again or recommend to anyone!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

London
“Great service, nice food, a bit over priced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We came for dinner and the stuff was very pleasent and helpful, especially considering we had 2 young ones. We loved the place immediately. The food was nice. Kids loved theirs. The burger was done too much and was. .. well nice. The veal was 21 pounds, which is central london price, but was not up to its price. Wasn't bad, just not as good as you would expect.
However, my lemon cheesecake was very good and the Eaton mess was nice too and the puddings were very fairly priced, with only 2.5 pound for a kids portion.
all in all, nice place and will be back when I am in the area again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Wales
“Excellent AGAIN !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was taken as a special treat for my Birthday and once again it was excellent. We are so lucky to have this delightful pub/restaurant so close to home - but to be honest, even if we lived further away we would still make the effort to travel miles to get there! Paul had the Duck Confit to start with and I had the Hand Cooked Potato Crisps as Nibbles. Both were delicious! Then I had the Rack of Lamb with Vegetables and asked to change the Saute Potatoes to Gratin Potatoes which they said was no trouble for them. Paul had the Lamb Burger with Crispy Lamb Breast Slices. Both were so tasty and served PIPING hot (as all meals are every time we've visited) The Creme Brulee I had for dessert was superb and I couldn't fault any aspect of the meal or service. Do go if you get a chance - it is the ONLY restaurant around this area which is of constistently high quality. We have never had a bad or even slightly sub-standard meal there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“In a minority”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We seem to be in a minority in not rating this restaurant but I totally agree with the two other poor reviews. The staff were very pleasant and friendly. the food looked very nice but it didn't taste of anything. I thought maybe my taste buds were on strike but the wine tasted fine and the chilli mayonnaise was lovely. But my roast polenta, spinach and poached egg had no taste at all - not bad, just non-existent. I tried to pour salt on it but the salt was in a pepper pot with very small holes and wouldn't pour. So no more trips down to Llanllwni for us! We didn't complain - it was busy and other people seemed to be enjoying the food - maybe we just made bad menu choices..

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
south yorkshire
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us and we're very glad we tried it. Friendly staff, good choice of food and wine and the food was amazing! It was well presented and not too pricey.

• Visited March 2013