The thing that strike me the most was that all the personal was striving their best to please and make the stay good. For example, they changed the regular breakfast several times (after being asked) as my stay was long one and everyday same breakfast started to annoy at some point. A colleague of mine joined me there too, and for the day before we left, the hotel organized complimentary barbeque for us (once again thanks, it was by far the biggest & tastiest fish I've tried). The owner, Nazir, is very open to chat-up with guests, and if you find yourself feeling a bit lonely there, you can always count that there will be someone to chat-up on different topics. The hotel is 24/7 open, which is very nice and not like some other local place I've had the chance to visit.
- Book early:
During my stay I had need to extend on short notice. Unfortunately, someone had already reserved the room and I had to relocate to another hotel nearby for several nights, but it was ok - this was properly communicated in advance, they showed me the room at other hotel and asked for my consent to relocate me, and the best part - hotel staff took care to relocate my luggage there and back. All of this - free of charge. Still, you need to consider the full length and book as early as possible, to avoid inconvenience of re-location.
- Laundry service - the hotel provides excellent laundry service - I had used it on several occasions and every time my t-shirts/shirts/pants were delivered ironed and properly folded. The price is somewhat cheap at the moment, but not on the expense of quality :)
- Cleaning service - they ask from time to time if you want them to clean your room, if you want them to explicitly clean it for you ask at the reception, they'll manage it.
- Rooms are very basic, no unnecessary stuff on the shelves. Still they provide some convenience - e.g. electric can for boiling water, 2 tea cups, some packaged nescafe, sugar, dry paper towels for cleaning. I had an issue to discover that no toilet accessories were available during my stay however such can be easily purchased at a local store on the road to ferry terminal. I had raised the issue to Nazir and they are aware of it and planning to resolve it in a timely manner, still it will take some time until this is fully resolved, so be advised to either take your toilet accessories or purchase at local store. Sometimes you have to ask for the water to get it, however I didn't find this inconvenient.
- Restaurant - All the food I requested was delicious and it was never more spicy than I can handle. Infact most of the dishes take into account you're a foreigner and are not with chilli. I'd personally recommend Macaroni Tuna & pineapple juice. The bill can be settled in Rufiya or USD, which is nice if you find yourself lacking rufiyas.
- Currency Exchange service - this is a point where they can improve, exchange is available and in a bit better rate than you'd get in local bank, however this is depending on their specific staff member and Rufiya availability. Generally USD is standard, I didn't even bother to try exchanging Euros, as I noted at the local bank the exchange rate for euro is unfavorable and unfair.
- Airport transfer service - the hotel provides transfer from/to airport with their own car and free of charge for guests of the hotel.
- Complementary water sport services - there is a price list of different water-sport related activities you can choose to undertake. I can't provide you advice on that.
Tips for the Island (not directly hotel related however you might find these useful if you're staying in Hulmale >7days)
Local population is muslims, so there are some things different than in europe.
- Work time rules:
Friday is special day for locals, most restaurants/shops are closed. Friday & Saturday is the official weekend. At prayer time it is almost impossible to find anything working (food/shop/etc) Important prayer times are 12 PM, 3 PM, 6 PM. Thankfully the Ripple Beach provides services even in these times, and in the holidays also.
man should bath in long swimming pants. For outside walking it is prefered long pants, however short pants are also OK, even though you'll attract some critic looks by locals. In a business setting always choose long pants, as this is standard. T-shirt /shirt is ok.
Women should not bathe in bikini
Naked-back dresses, miniskirts, etc provocative wear - not ok
Picnic beach, located in the leftmost part of the island provides good opportunities to swim (unfortunately locals polluted the place and nobody cares to clean :( therefore that beach is not so nice :(, also there is nice basins down the public beach that are OK for swimming (5m deep pit with pontones basically). On the public beach, the water is shallow and there are corals everywhere. Basically not good island for vacation, guess resorts are much better.
Ask for a room with beachfront view. Ask for extras to better suit your needs, the staff is very hel...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.