Firstly I must say that the staff we dealt with were friendly and tried to help where possible. The issues started when we checked into the room:
1. There was a clump of pubic hair in the toilet and hair in the shower suggesting that the toilet was not cleaned before we got the room.
2. There was rubbish and old slippers(?) under the bed as well as a good measure of dust.
3. The fridge was not a "minibar" and was in fact not even switched on.
4. There were no coffee or tea making facilities in the room as advertised.
5. No windows. There is a however a door(?) leading to a small balcony and had old cigarette buds in an ashtray on the balcony wall.
6. The "sattelite" TV has 4 channels. Two indian channels, a sport channel and a news channel
7. There is construction all around the hotel so was noisy from contruction in the area all day until late.
8. The Elite Inn does not have a restaurant and has to order food from a restaurant from somewhere far away. (We could not find any restaurants on the island). The food was overdone and tatsteless so may be worth going to Male' for dinner.
9. The hotel is far from the Male' ferry so needed to get a taxi each time to and from the ferry.
10. We waited about 45 minutes in reception at 07:00 before we saw staff. When I asked where the reception staff was I was told they were sleeping.
11. The breakfast is not a la carte as advertised and is basically 3 slices of bread, some apple, jam, orange juice and your choice of coffee or tea. We didn't even bother with breaksfast the next day.
12. Only certain types of taxis are allowed between the island and airport and the hotel uses Airport Express which will cost you $16 return. Be ready for this hidden cost. These taxi drivers drive recklessly without any consideration for their passengers and our driver nearly had a head-on collision while driving 120 km/h in a 40 km/h zone.
This hotel is far from everything and is not value for money. It is really worth spending a bit more and going to the aiport hotel with easy connections to the airport and Male'.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hotel Elite Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Elite Inn Hulhumale, Maldives